1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Sig Sauer

Old 03-05-2012, 02:30 PM

Sig Sauer Trigger Job

Has Any one had sig do their triggers for them and if so how did it come out? My sig 1911 is very reliable and i dont want to void the warranty by having a smith do a trigger job. Please let me know what you think.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

The stock parts can be used to get an exceptional trigger job. The sear is an EGW hard use sear and the hammer is bar stock too. Cut the hammer hooks to .020 and face the hooks, polish the back and front of the disconnector and set the sear spring. It is that easy. The primary and secondary sear angles are correct already. The bulk of a trigger job on a Sig consists of prepping the hammer.

Not a disgruntled former Sig employee.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom2 View Post
The stock parts can be used to get an exceptional trigger job. The sear is an EGW hard use sear and the hammer is bar stock too. Cut the hammer hooks to .020 and face the hooks, polish the back and front of the disconnector and set the sear spring. It is that easy. The primary and secondary sear angles are correct already. The bulk of a trigger job on a Sig consists of prepping the hammer.
Thanks! that makes a lot of sense. The trigger is very nice it just needs that little bit of polishing. I have to say that Sig makes great 1911's i could not be more impressed with mine.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Agreed, but I was even lazier. I just threw in an extra C&S hammer I had laying around and removed the series 80 stuff. 3.5 lbs trigger instantly and it passed all of the safety checks. Love the Sig stock parts, though.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:35 PM

Sig did mine. I'm right at 3.4lbs pull. Sig said 3.5 but my buddies scale pulled 3.4 three times In a row
Old 03-07-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
You make it sound really easy! I want to do this but I have never attempted to do my own smithin'. I am mechanically inclined, and I understand the inner workings of the 1911, so its not my ability that I'm concerned with. I know I don't have the tools I need though. Could you give me a little direction on this and any other tips that might help? Thanks!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:14 AM

Thanks for the input..im going to see how realistic it is that i can do the work properly myself and depending on how it looks i may spend the money and have sig do it. They want like $179 to do the work and i have a trusted smith who will do it for $99. Is sig charging more money simply because it is the only way to get a solid trigger job without voiding the warranty?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonPhoto View Post
You make it sound really easy! I want to do this but I have never attempted to do my own smithin'. I am mechanically inclined, and I understand the inner workings of the 1911, so its not my ability that I'm concerned with. I know I don't have the tools I need though. Could you give me a little direction on this and any other tips that might help? Thanks!
If I ever get my hands on my father in law's Nitron Target, I will do a write up on it. All you really need is a .020 feeler gauge, a medium stone and a hammer squaring file to face the hooks. Or you could use the stone. The file works better.

Then it is just a matter of smoothing out the MIM disconnector, setting up proper pre and over travel and setting the sear spring.

Sorry if I am making it seem too easy. I kind of is but I forget that not everyone has done this on a couple thousand pistols.

Oh, and I take no responsibility for anyone ruining their gun.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 AM

Haha exactly why i think im going to have sig do it. thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 05:39 PM

When my tacops went in to have warranty work done I had em' do a trigger job while it was there. I had a promo code that I received for registering my pistol with Sig for the warranty. I got mine done for $79. I thought it was too good to pass up. Its now smooth and crisp.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:09 PM

thats a great deal ill have to look into
Old 03-07-2012, 08:18 PM

where are you seeing that sig does a trigger job for 99? their website has it for 179 eitherway good looks on telling me about the 20% discount!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:01 PM

$79.95, And I wasn't about to argue with them. The 2011 price list had it at $129 but the 2012 price list has it at $179.

There must be a fuel surcharge in there somewhere....
Old 03-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Caliber View Post
$79.95, And I wasn't about to argue with them. The 2011 price list had it at $129 but the 2012 price list has it at $179.

There must be a fuel surcharge in there somewhere....
179 for a trigger job with the stock parts? You guys are getting hosed. I gotta open up my own shop soon if you guys are willing to pay that much.

Shoot, I could do it for 80 and have it back in a week. I need to get off my butt and go legit.

Last edited by custom2; 03-08-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 PM

Your absoluty right but i cant do the work myself haha and i dont want to void the warranty. It is a little ridiculous paying that much for a trigger job especially on a gun that has a reasonably nice trigger as is but what can i say...im stupid
Old 03-08-2012, 08:27 PM

Make no mistake about it, I would have never payed $129 let alone 179$ for a trigger job but $79 is a good deal in my opinion.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:28 PM

Custom2, don't you work for Sig?
Old 03-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Caliber View Post
Custom2, don't you work for Sig?
Yes I do but I don't make every gun or do I set the pricing for custom work.

It is because I work there that I tend to be a little critical of some things.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
179 for a trigger job with the stock parts? You guys are getting hosed. I gotta open up my own shop soon if you guys are willing to pay that much.

Shoot, I could do it for 80 and have it back in a week. I need to get off my butt and go legit.
You could make a fortune on the side if you did.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB Si View Post
You could make a fortune on the side if you did.
A zoning variance issue is the only thing stopping me. I hate town politics.