1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > 2A Legal & Political News ONLY

Old 02-29-2012, 12:10 PM

Dems bolt again of guns

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...osed-location/

“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.”
– Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356
Old 02-29-2012, 02:00 PM

I got an email last night telling me that these bills were going to come up today... I guess our elected public servants in Des Moines just can't deal with things as fast. And what kind of amendments do they want to add to these bills? One is basically affirming the Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights, the other removes the requirement of fleeing if your own home is invaded... the Dems have a problem with either one of these???
Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 PM

As an Iowan, this really angers me. Is this going to be what the Dems do whenever something comes up that they cannot defeat?

http://www.kcci.com/politics/30569393/detail.html

Look at the comments. One woman actually said that Republicans "shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want."

Got news for you lady... when the people of Iowa vote a 60/40 split of Republicans into office, and a Republican governor, then they have a state mandate to pass whatever they want.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:38 PM

When they walk out of active session, their pay should be suspended also.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:28 PM

Makes you wonder what kind of country we live in now that people like this can continue to get elected to office.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:11 PM

Friends don't let friends vote DEMOCRAP.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:03 PM

House Democrats returned around 4pm and held a press conference blasting the bills, saying they would bring about the "Wild Wild West."

They were fuming because the bills used extremely direct language prohibiting areas of the state from creating patchwork gunlaws meant to disrupt CCW, for example. Also, the bills included castle doctrine and no need to retreat. The language was the strongest of any state in the union, but now will be watered-down.

Basically, as written, the bills gave Dems absolutely no recourse for screwing things up later, and that was just too much for them to handle, so they threw a temper-tantrum and left.

Here it is in detail from the NRA:

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/st...aspx?s=&st=&ps
Old 02-29-2012, 07:11 PM

Seems someone is always trying to convince us here that the Dems are friends of the 2A, aren't they?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NETim View Post
Seems someone is always trying to convince us here that the Dems are friends of the 2A, aren't they?
Learned something today, . . . I guess there is a way to use "Dems" and "friends" in the same sentence.

I really always thought they were like Dems and intelligent, or Dems and thoughtful, or Dems and honest. I'm holding on to these, . . . but I'll give up the first one.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccusboy View Post
As an Iowan, this really angers me. Is this going to be what the Dems do whenever something comes up that they cannot defeat?

http://www.kcci.com/politics/30569393/detail.html

Look at the comments. One woman actually said that Republicans "shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want."

Got news for you lady... when the people of Iowa vote a 60/40 split of Republicans into office, and a Republican governor, then they have a state mandate to pass whatever they want.
Tell her to move to Maryland, or Massachusetts, or New York, where the split is just the opposite, then ask her if the democrats should be allowed to do whatever they want.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 AM

Hypocrite = Liberal

Its a mathematical truth.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:07 AM

I am from Iowa as well and I have been keeping a close watch on all of these bills. I cannot believe some of the things these people against guns come up with. In a reply to my comment one of these guys compared legal use and ownership of firearms to consensual sex vs. rape and the rights of "law abiding" rapists. Then another lady said she would rather have a baseball bat so that if it were taken from her she would be beaten to death with a baseball bat rather than shot. Their rhetoric and thinking is beyond me. I cannot believe they can get so far in life with such warped sense of right and wrong.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgreenwood View Post
I am from Iowa as well and I have been keeping a close watch on all of these bills. I cannot believe some of the things these people against guns come up with. In a reply to my comment one of these guys compared legal use and ownership of firearms to consensual sex vs. rape and the rights of "law abiding" rapists. Then another lady said she would rather have a baseball bat so that if it were taken from her she would be beaten to death with a baseball bat rather than shot. Their rhetoric and thinking is beyond me. I cannot believe they can get so far in life with such warped sense of right and wrong.
Libtardism is a mental disease.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:13 AM

What did we call kids who would take their ball and go home when they didn't get their way? I really hate this behavior, which started in Wisconsin and spread to Indiana.

The Indiana legislature, incidently, imposed a $1000/day fine for members who don't show up for a vote. They didn't need a quorum for that action. Obama would owe the taxpayers nearly a million dollars for missed attendance in the US Senate.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:20 AM

Anyone surprised the Democrats saw it hard then proceeded to abandonment of post, and blame someone else?
"At the end of the day, you are getting a gun that has real soul, and almost takes on it's own personality. No two are exactly the same, and that's the great thing about them." Rob Schauland (AlchemyCustom) on Les Baers.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumann View Post
What did we call kids who would take their ball and go home when they didn't get their way? I really hate this behavior, which started in Wisconsin and spread to Indiana.

The Indiana legislature, incidently, imposed a $1000/day fine for members who don't show up for a vote. They didn't need a quorum for that action. Obama would owe the taxpayers nearly a million dollars for missed attendance in the US Senate.
Actually, it started in Texas..I lived there in 03 when the Dems ran to Oklahoma over redistricting. They were cowards then, and they are cowards now. There hasn't been a good Democrat since JFK, and HE was a whoremonger and got us into Vietnam..but at least he lowered taxes and was pro military

COTEP CBOB0523
Old 03-03-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcia View Post
Anyone surprised the Democrats saw it hard then proceeded to abandonment of post, and blame someone else?
Nope, they are only following their leader, thats all he knows how to do

Blame everyone else
NRA Life Member and NO I dont do Facebook
Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 AM

The democrats keep proving they can't win an argument on its merits. Its always demonizing, name calling and when all else fails they abandon thier post. They are cowards who try to win with intimidation. I'm hoping that with the actions of the last few years in both federal and state governments that people will finally wake up and see who these people really are.