1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Dan Wesson

Old 02-18-2012, 12:05 AM

V-Bob FTF question

I hope this is an appropriate question. If not, mods please dump the thread.

I recently bought a new V-Bob from a great LGS (if a 2.5 hour ride is local). I field stripped it and cleaned and lubed it up. Then took it in the range. It ran great for 100 rounds of ball. Took it home, cleaned it and went out the next day. Another 100 rounds of ball down the pipe with zero issues. I was using a stock DW mag and a WC mag.

I then loaded up my CCW ammo, the Winchester PDX1 stuff. First mag (only allowed 5 in a mag at my club). Ran fine till the last shell, it was failure to feed.

I cleared the chamber and loaded the other mag, a WC mag. It shot fine till the last bullet and again was a FTFeed.

My question is, are these guns notorious for this with HP ammo or are they just finicky with certain types of ammo? Maybe mine is a lemon?

Here are pics of both FTF.
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329544998.648366.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329545033.069812.jpg  
Old 02-18-2012, 12:34 AM

I had the same thing happen with some Double Tap Gold Dots. It only happened twice during the break in. No more problems after that.

World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not the absence of violence. Peace is the manifestation of human compassion. Dalai Lama
Old 02-18-2012, 01:13 AM

If you tried different mags I would say its a gun problem, but typically the last round failure is a magazine related issue. keep us posted.

wilson combat tactical L.E., Browning hi power, Gemini customs GP100, Springfield XDS, mossberg 500
Old 02-18-2012, 06:30 AM

I would keep breaking it in then try the HPoints, if same problem occurs after, call DW