1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Kimber


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 PM
robot robot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Duvall, WA
Posts: 510
Kimber Sapphire Ultra II




Checkout the new Kimber Sapphire Ultra II, seen at Shot Show 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gD-LoRl_Lw
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Butcherbob880 Butcherbob880 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 46
I like.I think

That video even caught my wives eye.time to start saving up I think.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-18-2012, 09:12 PM
striperri striperri is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 274
price would be the question

wonder what that will go for
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Kruzr's Avatar
Kruzr Kruzr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 12,932
MSRP said $1639 IIRC.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-19-2012, 12:38 AM
robot robot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Duvall, WA
Posts: 510
More pics :




Pretty!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-19-2012, 04:09 AM
JoseyWales JoseyWales is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Crooked River Ranch
Posts: 269
Thanks Robot,
great picture!
__________________
NRA Life.
SASS 96744
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Quack Quack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 8,588


__________________
1911 Therapy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-19-2012, 08:25 AM
pekosROB pekosROB is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ETX
Age: 32
Posts: 1,426
My buddy's wife is going to love this. She doesn't like long trigger pulls so I suggested she needs to try shooting a 1911. And the fact that it's in 9mm is even more perfect. It sure is a pretty little gun!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Quick Draw Quick Draw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: LA (Lower Alabama)
Posts: 255
That gun is beautiful!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-19-2012, 09:00 AM
internetguy internetguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,211
I carry a CDP and therefore like them.

This one is super nice looking, but too short to be a bbq gun, and way too nice to get banged up and scratched from daily carry.

Nice looking though, that's for sure.
__________________
Neil
Dallas, TX
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 PM
JoseyWales JoseyWales is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Crooked River Ranch
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekosROB View Post
My buddy's wife is going to love this. She doesn't like long trigger pulls so I suggested she needs to try shooting a 1911. And the fact that it's in 9mm is even more perfect. It sure is a pretty little gun!
I showed these pictures to my wife and she said its nice..... I would have her one when it comes out but, she has trouble racking the slide, period. on anything. She said she would go get her CC in the summer if I would take the class with her.... oh well its gonna cost dble for her to get licensed but it will be worth it. She wants to check out this one. (not sure why it says error view but link works) http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
__________________
NRA Life.
SASS 96744
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
pekosROB pekosROB is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ETX
Age: 32
Posts: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales View Post
I showed these pictures to my wife and she said its nice..... I would have her one when it comes out but, she has trouble racking the slide, period. on anything. She said she would go get her CC in the summer if I would take the class with her.... oh well its gonna cost dble for her to get licensed but it will be worth it. She wants to check out this one. (not sure why it says error view but link works) http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
8 rounds of .357?? daaaaangggg!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-19-2012, 07:41 PM
glock-coma glock-coma is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Parma, Ohio
Posts: 82
Sweet pics!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post


Quack, if you took those pics great job!! It's like I'm standing right in front of them. EXCELLENT!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Quack Quack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 8,588
Thanks. I took the photo's so that anyone viewing the photo's would feel like they were there.
__________________
1911 Therapy
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Nefarion Nefarion is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 69
Anyone actually got their hands on this gun yet?

Thinking about it for a backup / for the wife.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Bentech05 Bentech05 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 170
I got to fondle one at Cabelas yesterday and it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Those above pictures just don't do it justice, the PVD cobalt blue finish is just gorgeous. Typical quality Kimber fit and finishing, but of course I didn't get a chance to test fire it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Kevin53 Kevin53 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southaven Mississippi
Age: 57
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarion View Post
Anyone actually got their hands on this gun yet?

Thinking about it for a backup / for the wife.
I just had my hands on one at my LGS and its nice but there was a super carry pro someone shot two mags threw it and it was a very low price I couldn't pass so I bought that one.

Kevin
__________________
#1 As of thurs. may 17th 2012 at 1:32 pm central time my first 1911 kimber super match II
#2 Kimber super carry pro
#3 Kimber classic stainless
#4 Kimber ???
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 PM
BYJO4 BYJO4 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,807
Great looking Kimber but wont stay nice and shinney if carried.
__________________
NRA Life Member, Ky Colonel, NSSA
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Texas Cowboy Texas Cowboy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Lone Star State
Age: 55
Posts: 2,023
Well I broke down..........

My wife had seen pictures of this new Ultra Sapphire II and loved it. She has always loved the look and feel of my Ultra Raptor II, how well it shoots, and the way it fits her hand. She has a Sig P238 and was considering the new Sig P938 to bump up from the 380 to the 9mm. But once she saw this somewhat 'blingy" Sapphire she completely forgot about the Sig 938.

So when I found one today I broke down and bought it for her. I have not told her about it and will just wait until it comes in and we go to the LGS to pick it up.
__________________
NRA Life Member, GOA, and SAF
Wilson Combat ULCC, Dan Wesson ECO, Kimber Ultra Raptor II, Kimber Solo, Kimber Sapphire Ultra II, Walther PPK/S, Sig P238, Bond Arms 45LC/410
Firearm & Holster Photos: http://s1356.beta.photobucket.com/us...inger/library/

Last edited by Texas Cowboy; 12-24-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 AM
pekosROB pekosROB is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ETX
Age: 32
Posts: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Cowboy View Post
My wife had seen pictures of this new Ultra Sapphire II and loved it. She has always loved the look and feel of my Ultra Raptor II, how well it shoots, and the way it fits her hand. She has a Sig P238 and was considering the new Sig P938 to bump up from the 380 to the 9mm. But once she saw this somewhat 'blingy" Sapphire she completely forgot about the Sig 938.

So when I found one today I broke down and bought it for her. I have not told her about it and will just wait until it comes in and we go to the LGS to pick it up.
She is going to absolutely love it. What a great surprise for her to have.

My wife is wanting a Kimber now too. We haven't decided what model. Maybe a Pro or Ultra Super Carry HD.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Texas Cowboy Texas Cowboy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Lone Star State
Age: 55
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekosROB View Post
She is going to absolutely love it. What a great surprise for her to have.

My wife is wanting a Kimber now too. We haven't decided what model. Maybe a Pro or Ultra Super Carry HD.
Yes, she will be very surprised when she finds out. It was the least I could do for her. He has never once complained about me buying various firearms for myself and has always been supportive of my numerous holsters, ammo, and other related purchases. She even enjoys going to the gun shows with me and shopping as I spend money.

So when she saw something she really liked I could not ignore. She would have never purchased it for herrself because of the price and she never would have even asked me about it.

I don't think you could go wrong with the Pro or Ultra Super Carry for your wife. The compacts are a good size and still provide and excellent caliber for stopping power should it ever be needed. Plus I personally like the Kimber brand myself. This will be our 3rd Kimber to go along with a Ultra Raptor II and a Solo.

TC
__________________
NRA Life Member, GOA, and SAF
Wilson Combat ULCC, Dan Wesson ECO, Kimber Ultra Raptor II, Kimber Solo, Kimber Sapphire Ultra II, Walther PPK/S, Sig P238, Bond Arms 45LC/410
Firearm & Holster Photos: http://s1356.beta.photobucket.com/us...inger/library/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:42 AM
ZAD ZAD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: little east of Bama
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Cowboy View Post
Yes, she will be very surprised when she finds out. It was the least I could do for her. He has never once complained about me buying various firearms for myself and has always been supportive of my numerous holsters, ammo, and other related purchases. She even enjoys going to the gun shows with me and shopping as I spend money.

So when she saw something she really liked I could not ignore. She would have never purchased it for herrself because of the price and she never would have even asked me about it.

I don't think you could go wrong with the Pro or Ultra Super Carry for your wife. The compacts are a good size and still provide and excellent caliber for stopping power should it ever be needed. Plus I personally like the Kimber brand myself. This will be our 3rd Kimber to go along with a Ultra Raptor II and a Solo.

TC
Sounds like your a lucky man.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Texas Cowboy Texas Cowboy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Lone Star State
Age: 55
Posts: 2,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAD View Post
Sounds like your a lucky man.
I got better than I deserve and she has been putting up with me for 30 years come March.
__________________
NRA Life Member, GOA, and SAF
Wilson Combat ULCC, Dan Wesson ECO, Kimber Ultra Raptor II, Kimber Solo, Kimber Sapphire Ultra II, Walther PPK/S, Sig P238, Bond Arms 45LC/410
Firearm & Holster Photos: http://s1356.beta.photobucket.com/us...inger/library/
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Texas Cowboy Texas Cowboy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Lone Star State
Age: 55
Posts: 2,023
I thought I would post a pic of my wife's new Sapphire Ultra II. Only 200 rounds down range so far but no issues. My wife loves it and manages it extremely well.

__________________
NRA Life Member, GOA, and SAF
Wilson Combat ULCC, Dan Wesson ECO, Kimber Ultra Raptor II, Kimber Solo, Kimber Sapphire Ultra II, Walther PPK/S, Sig P238, Bond Arms 45LC/410
Firearm & Holster Photos: http://s1356.beta.photobucket.com/us...inger/library/
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Super90Girl Super90Girl is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nevada
Posts: 11
I just picked a Sapphire up. Was on the fence about it for awhile since it's 9mm, and I really prefer a .45. There was only one available in my area, and after getting it home and closely inspecting it, it has a couple light scratches on the slide right out of the box which I didn't notice in the store. Who knows how much it was handled at the LGS. I might talk to them about it and see if they will send it back to Kimber for refinishing, but not sure I want to give up the gun so soon after getting it.

I did talk to Kimber and they mentioned the possibility they might be doing a "gem" line in different colors and/or calibers. I would be all over a purple Kimber "Amethyst" in 45 ACP, haha. I also suggested a skeletonized trigger on the Sapphire in the same PVD blue coating, I think that would make it looks tons better even.


The scratches look worse in the pics than they do in person, but this gun isn't cheap, so you kinda expect perfection.



__________________
"Those who would give up liberty for a temporary sense of security, deserve neither" -Benjamin Franklin

"When I'm with a pistol, I sparkle like a crystal, yes I shine like the morning sun" ~~ Annie Oakley.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2011 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved