Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Kimber

Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 PM

Kimber Sapphire Ultra II

Checkout the new Kimber Sapphire Ultra II, seen at Shot Show 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gD-LoRl_Lw
Old 01-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Banned

I like.I think

That video even caught my wives eye.time to start saving up I think.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:12 PM

price would be the question

wonder what that will go for
Old 01-18-2012, 11:04 PM

MSRP said $1639 IIRC.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:38 AM

More pics :

Pretty!!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:09 AM

Thanks Robot,
great picture!
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"
Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 AM

Old 01-19-2012, 08:25 AM

My buddy's wife is going to love this. She doesn't like long trigger pulls so I suggested she needs to try shooting a 1911. And the fact that it's in 9mm is even more perfect. It sure is a pretty little gun!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:42 AM

That gun is beautiful!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:00 AM

I carry a CDP and therefore like them.

This one is super nice looking, but too short to be a bbq gun, and way too nice to get banged up and scratched from daily carry.

Nice looking though, that's for sure.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekosROB View Post
My buddy's wife is going to love this. She doesn't like long trigger pulls so I suggested she needs to try shooting a 1911. And the fact that it's in 9mm is even more perfect. It sure is a pretty little gun!
I showed these pictures to my wife and she said its nice..... I would have her one when it comes out but, she has trouble racking the slide, period. on anything. She said she would go get her CC in the summer if I would take the class with her.... oh well its gonna cost dble for her to get licensed but it will be worth it. She wants to check out this one. (not sure why it says error view but link works) http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"
Old 01-19-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales View Post
I showed these pictures to my wife and she said its nice..... I would have her one when it comes out but, she has trouble racking the slide, period. on anything. She said she would go get her CC in the summer if I would take the class with her.... oh well its gonna cost dble for her to get licensed but it will be worth it. She wants to check out this one. (not sure why it says error view but link works) http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
8 rounds of .357?? daaaaangggg!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:41 PM

Sweet pics!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post

Quack, if you took those pics great job!! It's like I'm standing right in front of them. EXCELLENT!!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:39 PM

Thanks. I took the photo's so that anyone viewing the photo's would feel like they were there.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 AM

Anyone actually got their hands on this gun yet?

Thinking about it for a backup / for the wife.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:13 PM

I got to fondle one at Cabelas yesterday and it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Those above pictures just don't do it justice, the PVD cobalt blue finish is just gorgeous. Typical quality Kimber fit and finishing, but of course I didn't get a chance to test fire it.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarion View Post
Anyone actually got their hands on this gun yet?

Thinking about it for a backup / for the wife.
I just had my hands on one at my LGS and its nice but there was a super carry pro someone shot two mags threw it and it was a very low price I couldn't pass so I bought that one.

Kevin
#1 As of thurs. may 17th 2012 at 1:32 pm central time my first 1911 kimber super match II
#2 Kimber super carry pro
#3 Kimber classic stainless
#4 Kimber ???
Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 PM

Great looking Kimber but wont stay nice and shinney if carried.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM

Well I broke down..........

My wife had seen pictures of this new Ultra Sapphire II and loved it. She has always loved the look and feel of my Ultra Raptor II, how well it shoots, and the way it fits her hand. She has a Sig P238 and was considering the new Sig P938 to bump up from the 380 to the 9mm. But once she saw this somewhat 'blingy" Sapphire she completely forgot about the Sig 938.

So when I found one today I broke down and bought it for her. I have not told her about it and will just wait until it comes in and we go to the LGS to pick it up.

Last edited by Texas Cowboy; 12-24-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Cowboy View Post
My wife had seen pictures of this new Ultra Sapphire II and loved it. She has always loved the look and feel of my Ultra Raptor II, how well it shoots, and the way it fits her hand. She has a Sig P238 and was considering the new Sig P938 to bump up from the 380 to the 9mm. But once she saw this somewhat 'blingy" Sapphire she completely forgot about the Sig 938.

So when I found one today I broke down and bought it for her. I have not told her about it and will just wait until it comes in and we go to the LGS to pick it up.
She is going to absolutely love it. What a great surprise for her to have.

My wife is wanting a Kimber now too. We haven't decided what model. Maybe a Pro or Ultra Super Carry HD.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekosROB View Post
She is going to absolutely love it. What a great surprise for her to have.

My wife is wanting a Kimber now too. We haven't decided what model. Maybe a Pro or Ultra Super Carry HD.
Yes, she will be very surprised when she finds out. It was the least I could do for her. He has never once complained about me buying various firearms for myself and has always been supportive of my numerous holsters, ammo, and other related purchases. She even enjoys going to the gun shows with me and shopping as I spend money.

So when she saw something she really liked I could not ignore. She would have never purchased it for herrself because of the price and she never would have even asked me about it.

I don't think you could go wrong with the Pro or Ultra Super Carry for your wife. The compacts are a good size and still provide and excellent caliber for stopping power should it ever be needed. Plus I personally like the Kimber brand myself. This will be our 3rd Kimber to go along with a Ultra Raptor II and a Solo.

TC
Old 11-08-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Cowboy View Post
Yes, she will be very surprised when she finds out. It was the least I could do for her. He has never once complained about me buying various firearms for myself and has always been supportive of my numerous holsters, ammo, and other related purchases. She even enjoys going to the gun shows with me and shopping as I spend money.

So when she saw something she really liked I could not ignore. She would have never purchased it for herrself because of the price and she never would have even asked me about it.

I don't think you could go wrong with the Pro or Ultra Super Carry for your wife. The compacts are a good size and still provide and excellent caliber for stopping power should it ever be needed. Plus I personally like the Kimber brand myself. This will be our 3rd Kimber to go along with a Ultra Raptor II and a Solo.

TC
Sounds like your a lucky man.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAD View Post
Sounds like your a lucky man.
I got better than I deserve and she has been putting up with me for 30 years come March.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:29 AM

I thought I would post a pic of my wife's new Sapphire Ultra II. Only 200 rounds down range so far but no issues. My wife loves it and manages it extremely well.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:37 PM

I just picked a Sapphire up. Was on the fence about it for awhile since it's 9mm, and I really prefer a .45. There was only one available in my area, and after getting it home and closely inspecting it, it has a couple light scratches on the slide right out of the box which I didn't notice in the store. Who knows how much it was handled at the LGS. I might talk to them about it and see if they will send it back to Kimber for refinishing, but not sure I want to give up the gun so soon after getting it.

I did talk to Kimber and they mentioned the possibility they might be doing a "gem" line in different colors and/or calibers. I would be all over a purple Kimber "Amethyst" in 45 ACP, haha. I also suggested a skeletonized trigger on the Sapphire in the same PVD blue coating, I think that would make it looks tons better even.

The scratches look worse in the pics than they do in person, but this gun isn't cheap, so you kinda expect perfection.

"When I'm with a pistol, I sparkle like a crystal, yes I shine like the morning sun" ~~ Annie Oakley.