1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Ruger

Old 01-17-2012, 04:44 PM

Good News - my SR1911 is IN

JUST Got an email from local FFL (great guy).

My SR1911 is IN!! I ordered it in MAY 2011!!

Semi snowed in and my car car is stranded at the bottom of the hill. Heck I'm hiking out!! Cover me.

Last edited by Oilypablo; 01-17-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Added order date
Old 01-17-2012, 05:54 PM

Good deal

Nice! Enjoy your hike, I can't watch your 6 from here though!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:22 PM

Gratz & Ouch!

Congratulations on getting your SR1911 in. Is it everything you hoped for?

You have me worried about my order from 2 months ago! I pray it doesn't take as long as yours took.... 7-8 months.. OUCH!

~Lbs
Old 01-18-2012, 06:27 PM

Still snowed in. May get it on Saturday.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:10 PM

I guess you don't really want it that badly then. Mind if I pick it up instead?
Hope you get your new toy soon. I remember way bach when strapping on snowshoes and hiking (really) over the river and through the woods just to hang out and BS at my buddy's gunshop.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:22 PM

I know....FINALLY after all these months....and then Snowzilla comes to town to further delay my SR1911!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/W...137708593.html

http://www.king5.com/news/local/In-s...137630728.html

Snowmegeddon is here and no SR1911 for the snombies!!! I guess Mr Colt Rail Gun 1911 or Mr Sig Target 1911 will suffice.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:52 PM

Have you shot it yet?
Old 01-26-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1967 View Post
Have you shot it yet?
I JUST now picked it up, He had two: SN#0040X and SN#0970X. I took SN#0970X.

Maybe I'll be free to shoot it tomorrow, but it looks like a busy day.

She's a beauty. I need to lube it up and wipe it down.....
Old 01-26-2012, 09:07 PM

Its like Christmas! Wow~ He has a 0040x? Thats interesting! I'm in the high 600's and I got it 4 months ago. Be sure to post a range report/pictures when you can!

Last edited by Chef With A Gun; 01-26-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef With A Gun View Post
Its like Christmas! Wow~ He has a 0040x? Thats interesting! I'm in the high 600's and I got it 4 months ago. Be sure to post a range report/pictures when you can!
I almost bought the lower SN one. But it's not like they are collector items and the higher # looked less handled. BTW I don't trust gun middle men.

Well anyway, I'm not going to be able to shoot it today. Poop. I have a new Glock 20C I haven't shot either.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
I almost bought the lower SN one. But it's not like they are collector items and the higher # looked less handled. BTW I don't trust gun middle men.

Well anyway, I'm not going to be able to shoot it today. Poop. I have a new Glock 20C I haven't shot either.
Not that big of a deal either. It was just what they sent me. If for some reason they get collectible most collectors like low numbers. I plan on shooting this thing a lot. Enjoy!
Old 01-28-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Not that big of a deal either. It was just what they sent me. If for some reason they get collectible most collectors like low numbers. I plan on shooting this thing a lot. Enjoy!
Those numbers mean nothing since Ruger builds them out of sequence. I think they do that to confuse us all
Old 01-28-2012, 07:17 PM

Old 01-29-2012, 08:43 AM

Now the big Question....how's the area around the beavertail look?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorSeven View Post
Now the big Question....how's the area around the beavertail look?
I obviously have not been keeping up. When I closely inspected the gun I saw nothing that stood out. Before I crack the safe open, what should I be looking for exactly?
Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
I obviously have not been keeping up. When I closely inspected the gun I saw nothing that stood out. Before I crack the safe open, what should I be looking for exactly?
It seems some of them have had a tendency to be a little rough. Not my gun, BTW.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:04 PM

No nothing like that. The left side, up high is just like my Colt a little cut out or something. My Sig 1911 doesn't have that. It does stand out with the black grip safety on the Ruger.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Those numbers mean nothing since Ruger builds them out of sequence. I think they do that to confuse us all
Can you post the proof of that please?

Are you refereeing to a statement in forum? (hope not!)

I'm interest in learning more about your accusation.. Why would a company build anything and number it out of sequence? If you have an issue with a CNC making a bad cut or part for 200 units you need those sequenced numbers to track down the production run if there is a recall. Those numbers tell the birth date of that gun. That makes no sense at all. I can see them building them for 12-18 months before the release date and stockpiling them. Then sending them out to the LGS out of sequence. Then they can't be accused of playing favorites with dealers and sending low serial numbered units to one region or state.

Last edited by Chef With A Gun; 01-29-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Ya i dont understand that..The SR1911 i got on 1/21/12 has a serial # 094xx and a fired case date of 1/10/12..Go figure since guys that have gotten their 1911 earlier with bigger numbers..JMO
Old 01-29-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Can you post the proof of that please?

Are you refereeing to a statement in forum? (hope not!)

I'm interest in learning more about your accusation.. Why would a company build anything and number it out of sequence? If you have an issue with a CNC making a bad cut or part for 200 units you need those sequenced numbers to track down the production run if there is a recall. Those numbers tell the birth date of that gun. That makes no sense at all. I can see them building them for 12-18 months before the release date and stockpiling them. Then sending them out to the LGS out of sequence. Then they can't be accused of playing favorites with dealers and sending low serial numbered units to one region or state.
This information was posted by someone on the forum here, taken from the Ruger site. I assumed it was legitimate at the time, but I just went and searched their site for it myself to make sure and it is definitely legitimate. I have copied (from the website) and posted it again here for you to read (couldn't post a link because it comes up in a pop-up, but you can find it in the FAQs).

Don't assume that just because they don't manufacture them in sequence that they can't nail down production dates or lots. They still know when they were made because they are in blocks of numbers (which are in sequence within the block). Apparently only Ruger knows the sequence of the blocks, though:

"Ruger does not produce firearms in serial number order. There are occasions when blocks of serial numbers have been manufactured out of sequence, sometimes years later. Also, within a model family the same serial number prefix may be used to produce a variety of different models, all in the same block of serial numbers. And in some cases, models may be stored for a length of time before they are shipped.
For exact information on your specific serial number, you can contact Ruger's Records Department either by telephone or mail.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Records Department
411 Sunapee Street
Newport, NH 03773
Telephone: 603-865-2424
Fax: 603-863-9371"
Old 01-30-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh20 View Post
And in some cases, models may be stored for a length of time before they are shipped.
Thanks for the post! This kind of proves what I was saying about stocking and shipping later. I may give them a call Thanks!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the post! This kind of proves what I was saying about stocking and shipping later. I may give them a call Thanks!
Nevertheless, stock piled or no, they still are making batches out of numerical sequence. No, I do not understand their logic, but like vh20 said they still have the ability to run down the production date of any serial number/batch.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1967 View Post
Have you shot it yet?
I put 400 rounds through it. It ran like a champ. Like ringing a bell. In fact, the accuracy surprised me a bit. I let my Glocky friend shoot it. He liked it!

I shot a variety of rounds including some factory reloads. One round of Federal didn't want to chamber right at the end on the day, the gun was filthy and greasy (I like lube while breaking in 1911's). I took the round out, put it in an empty magazine, and it fed fine. Not sure of the cause.

The gun cleaned up really nice. The grips came loose, but I hadn't really checked them and no Loctite yet.

All in all, great gun for the price.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:53 AM

Finally

Nice to hear you finally got a chance to shoot it. Even better that you enjoyed it. Congratulations!