1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 12-12-2011, 11:13 PM

Metro arms american classic

i just bought a Metro Arms Company 1911 American Classic Government Model. i looked on the M.A.C. website and could not find a place to order extra clips and laser sights and such. i am new to the 1911 world and was wondering if maybe the grips and sights were standard for all model 1911's?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:00 AM

Yes the grips, lasers, etc are the same for your Metro Arms 1911 as other 1911's. One of the benefits to owning a 1911 is the vast amount of interchangeable parts in the 1911 platform. Enjoy and let us know how yours performs.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:53 PM

Come on over
http://americanclassic1911forum.com
Old 12-21-2011, 12:27 PM

Metro Arms 1911

It shoots great, however i have noticed that i cannot load the first bullet into the chamber by sliding the slide back with my hand. i have to lock the slide back and use the release button to load the first round, then it has preformed exceptionally well minus 1 time here it jammed on the second or third round. (it ruined that shell). i heard that some 1911's will do this with hollow points, but the problem was i was not shooting hollow points. i have one other theory, and that is that maybe the federal ammunition i bought is defective. (it was cheaper, and has performed exceptionally well in all my other guns)
Old 12-21-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry5332 View Post
It shoots great, however i have noticed that i cannot load the first bullet into the chamber by sliding the slide back with my hand. i have to lock the slide back and use the release button to load the first round, then it has preformed exceptionally well minus 1 time here it jammed on the second or third round. (it ruined that shell). i heard that some 1911's will do this with hollow points, but the problem was i was not shooting hollow points. i have one other theory, and that is that maybe the federal ammunition i bought is defective. (it was cheaper, and has performed exceptionally well in all my other guns)
Like Michael T. recommended, there are a couple of 1911 guys on the American Classic forum that can help you. You didn't say how many rounds you've put through it & it may be a little early to say you have a problem. They will need a detailed description of the "jam".

As for only chambering by using the slide release, you could possibly be unconsiously 'riding' the slide foward or impeding it's movement some how. You must pull it all the way back, then just let it go so that it moves forward naturally.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:09 PM

Clips for Metro Arms American Classic

I use Kimber (8) mags in my American classic. I have had no problems with them or with the orginal mag. The gun is smooth and shoot very well.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:58 AM

I bought a used one just last week and took it to the range and fed it a box of Winchester white box, 100 rds and it didn't miss a beat. I read on the reviews I could find and took the plunge. I read about the magazine problems with the first rd but didn't experience any of it. The accuracy wasn't bad either. Want to update the sights though but other then that, I am very pleased with this gun.