1911Forum banner

Black Sr1911

28K views 33 replies 28 participants last post by  GKC 
#1 ·
#13 ·
Impressive work.

#24 · (Edited)
Why, oh why did Ruger not offer this gun in both stainless and (real) blued versions right off the bat? I'm sure they will at some point, but I can't wait that long! I'm grabbing the first one that shows up on the shelf here, and it will of course be stainless. The stainless is still a good looking gun, but your pics just confirm that blued would be really sweet. I love it, even though I'd personally prefer bluing to Cerakote. Still, if a blued version isn't forthcoming for a while, I may have to follow your lead and Cerakote the Stainless.

#25 ·
Why, oh why did Ruger not offer this gun in both stainless and (real) blued versions right off the bat? I'm sure they will at some point, but I can't wait that long! I'm grabbing the first one that shows up on the shelf here, and it will of course be stainless. The stainless is still a good looking gun, but your pics just confirm that blued would be really sweet. I love it, even though I'd personally prefer bluing to Cerakote. Still, if a blued version isn't forthcoming for a while, I may have to follow your lead.
There are other ways to blacken stainless steel. I'd rather Cerakote stainless myself.

Be careful what you wish for as to a blued version. They can't produce enough of the stainless ones, imagine how hard they'd be to find if they split their production.

Robert

#30 ·
That looks good in black . Now I need another one to work with .

#31 ·
This :rock:

Looks great!

How do you like the serrations on the front strap compared to normal checkering?
I want to treat mine myself, but don't have the means to checker it right now. Looking into alternatives...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.