1911Forum banner

11.11.2011 Moving on...

24K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rudy1220 
#1 ·
Over ten years ago, I walked into a small gun shop on the West side of Indianapolis and placed a down payment on my first 1911 pistol – a Kimber Classic Stainless. I was fortunate growing up to have parents who embraced the shooting sports and at that time in my life had logged many days of range time with my father shooting. It wasn’t until I had graduated college and secured my first real job that I was finally able to purchase the one handgun I had been reading about and coveting since I was a kid. When I began researching the 1911, I found plenty of historical and technical information on the Internet but I couldn’t find a community dedicated to the pistol like I had found for other hobbies and interests I had at the time. While waiting to begin work at my job, I rented server space, purchased a UBB forum software license, and started 1911forum.com.

It’s been an absolute thrill being a part of this growing community over the last decade. I’ve met and worked with many great people, learned technical skills that I’ve applied to my career, and acquired more knowledge about my favorite handgun than I ever thought possible. As with any project that requires attention and devotion, I’ve reached the point in my life where I feel it’s time to move on to other things. For that reason, I’ve decided to sell 1911forum.com to pursue other interests.

The new owners of the forum have expressed their desire to maintain the current staff and management style. LW McVay will take the lead staff role and I’ll be working with him to ensure a smooth transition. The new owners of the forum will introduce themselves shortly.

I want to thank the staff members who have volunteered their time and effort to maintain a community for all to enjoy. Your efforts have shaped the forum into what it is today and I’m forever grateful.

Thanks to everyone for making the first decade of this forum an astounding success. And on this day of remembrance, God bless the military veterans on this forum and those serving around the world so we can live free.

I look forward to working with LW and the rest of the team and watching the forum continue to grow and strengthen as a community in the coming decades.

All the best,
Jason

See less See more
#2 ·
We all owe you a huge debt of gratitude for creating and maintain one of, if not the best forum on the internet. No easy task that.

God speed in your new pursuits Jason and we hope you won't be a stranger!

Regards,
LW

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks Jason

Jason, thanks for everything and for building such a great community.

I'm one of the new owners and excited to be part of the team here and working with LW McVay to keep the site running smoothly and helping to preserve the quality of the information here. I'm originally from New Hampshire and grew up just a short drive from the SIG and Ruger campuses. In the past i've been part of the team at policeone.com & firerescue1.com and most recently working with survivalistboards.com. Also joining the team behind the scenes is Kevin a vbulletin expert, he'll be helping LW with any forum technical issues that come up.

I'm sure you'll see me around the forum but if you're wondering, nothing is going to change except a few improvements like faster servers and a few subtle upgrades in the future. We like the forum just the way it is and our goal is to preserve the valuable information that's available here. If anyone has any questions or suggestions for the forum please feel free to send myself or LW a PM, otherwise see you around forum!

- Rudy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.