1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Les Baer

Old 11-10-2011, 08:20 PM

Les Baer Dealer Locator Thread!

This thread is being posted to mirror what is being done on other Forums on this website, in an attempt to assist prospective Baer purchasers in finding the gun they're searching for, as well as steering them toward someone who might be able to answer their questions about the various models. Hopefully, it will also allow the various Les Baer pistol Dealers, whether members of this forum or not, get more or less equal exposure to prospective buyers, without appearing to other members or Forum Management that they are trying to somehow get free advertising or a competitive advantage over another industry professional.

Note: I don't Moderate this particular site, so I cannot guarantee that this thread will stand. However, it just seems like the right thing to do.

To the Forum Administration: I respectfully ask that you allow this thread to stand, and that you make the thread a "Sticky". I believe it will bring value to the forum, and it has proven as effective in the Dan Wesson Forum for several years now. Thanks for your consideration.

To the membership: This thread is for YOU! The intent of this locater thread is post dealers and gun shops you've found who have Baer pistols available Over on the Dan Weason forum, our policy is to not use the thread to advertise every gun found on the various web gun auction sites (as everyone already knows about those), but rather to identify for everyone which shop has what. It is also not intended as a space where dealers can be constantly advertising what they have in stock on a day by day basis. The thread shall also NOT list prices, to avoid pricing wars and general disharmony.

AGAIN, THE INTENT OF THIS THREAD IS TO LIST DEALERS WHO HAVE BAER PISTOLS IN STOCK. PLEASE ALLOW THE READER TO CALL THE LISTED DEALERS AT WILL, AND FIND OUT FOR THEMSELVES WHAT EACH DEALER HAS. That said if you happen to be in shop 'X', and happen to see 'Pistol Y', then by all means, let us know!

Sound fair? OK, I'll begin:

Known stocking Baer Dealers, in no particular order:

. Call "Crazy John" at CJ1911Heaven. John has been stocking Baer pistols forever, stocks a "crazy-wide" variety, and probably knows about as much about them as Les himself. 208-772-2339 or www.cj1911heaven.com

. Call Jerry Hammond at Hammond's Gun & Tackle. Jerry is very knowledgeable, and stocks Baer, among several other brands. Jerry can be reached at: 276-782-5771 Jerry, I hope I got that right!

OK, guys, who else is out there?

Last edited by Dave Severns; 11-11-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Simply creating a Dealer Locator thread like this seems like the most fair way to give dealers exposure. We'll try it out and see if it works without being abused.
Try not to fall into the common trap of wanting to replace everything on your new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out, and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot it for at least 500 rounds, then decide what you don't like and want improved. Vintage 1911's should NEVER be refinished or modified because it ruins any value they had as a collectible firearm.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:14 PM

Thanks dsk, I appreciate your support!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Hold my beer & watch this

Dave, you're modest to a fault.

If anyone wasn't aware, Severns Customs gets a Baer or three in now and again.
COTEP #10
"Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some death to defy."
Old 11-11-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TransAms View Post
Dave, you're modest to a fault.

If anyone wasn't aware, Severns Customs gets a Baer or three in now and again.

I would totally agree, while I know Dave mostly by reputation, it is a sterling one.

While you are the OP Dave, I too feel that your name should be in that list as well.

I would think we would want people to have quality choices to choose from, and in my book you certainly would be that.

So anybody looking for a Baer out there, Dave Severns should be on your short list to talk to.

www.hammondgunandtackle.com
Old 06-20-2012, 10:29 AM

Collectors Firearms - Houston, Texas

Large quantity of new and used Baers
Texas Longhorn Football Alumni Member
UT Ex students Assn. - Life Member
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 AM

forgive me for i am new. i think this is a thread for les baer dealers. looks like from the dates of the replies it started a year ago. there are only 3 dealers listed. i am missing something. i am sure that i am lol.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief4db View Post
forgive me for i am new. i think this is a thread for les baer dealers. looks like from the dates of the replies it started a year ago. there are only 3 dealers listed. i am missing something. i am sure that i am lol.
The Dealers listed here are either members of this forum or have otherwise established a high level of confidence with many of our members. Not sure if you may have interpreted those listed here as the only known Baer Dealers throughout the industry, but the ones listed here are in essence trusted sources.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:15 AM

yea i thought i would just see a lot of dealers to contact. i am undecided on 3 les baers. i will not purchase one of the three just from pics from the catalog. so i was trying to find a dealer so i could go and see them in person.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
yea i thought i would just see a lot of dealers to contact. i am undecided on 3 les baers. i will not purchase one of the three just from pics from the catalog. so i was trying to find a dealer so i could go and see them in person.
I've got 3 active LB Dealers within 10 miles of each other, but it's rare that any of them have any in stock. So, even if you did locate some Dealers around you, chances are they probably wouldn't have any to show you. But, it never hurts to give them a call and see what they've got.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:06 AM

thanks for the heads up. so i am to believe that most les baers or any semi custom gun purchaser goes by all pics, thats a lot to ask for a 2-4 thousand dollar gun. going to a gun show this weekend. maybe i will find some. also what about the shot show. i dont think they sell them there but you get to see em. does anyone know when the next one is?? thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 10:15 AM

Not sure where your located but Djs in bothell Washington has 4new on the shelf right now.. There's 2 PII a concept V and a CC. Not sure how long they will be there but they are all around 1800, hope this helps!.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 AM

That was last Friday not sure if all are still there.

Last edited by Merkey; 08-16-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: revise
Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
thanks for the heads up. so i am to believe that most les baers or any semi custom gun purchaser goes by all pics, thats a lot to ask for a 2-4 thousand dollar gun. going to a gun show this weekend. maybe i will find some. also what about the shot show. i dont think they sell them there but you get to see em. does anyone know when the next one is?? thanks
Remember that Shot Shows are for dealers only. I think you'll have to either be a dealer ogle be a "good friend" of one.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:42 PM

We have a hard time keeping them in stock, but we are a Les Baer Dealer.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/les-baer-1911-handguns/
Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 PM

Thanks top gun I will add you to my data base!
Old 09-22-2012, 10:36 PM

LB dealers

Right now Collector's in Houston has about 10 new and used in stock. You can check their website. My wife got my Boss 45 there in August.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM

Les Baer Dealer

Probably not writing anything new here but John at http://cj1911heaven.com is the man regarding Les Baer pistols in my book. Had what I wanted in stock and he made the whole process a breeze. This was my first time buying a firearm through the internet but he talked me through the process and my new Custom Carry arrived today. Great customer service and superfast shipping from a dealer who knows his business. 2 Thumbs Up!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:13 PM

Les Baer ordered

Just purchased a Les Baer Premier ll from CJ1911HEAVEN. Spent a good deal of time with me and answered all my questions. A classy person to deal with! Don't need to wait for months, just days! (great price too).
Old 02-13-2013, 10:52 AM

Well, it looks like a Les Baer is harder to find then he's teeth.
I am in the Tampa area and can not locate a dealer.
But more importantly I find it difficult to spend $2000 plus on a 1911 that I can not even hold in my hand.
Any suggestions?
I have been all over the net and it is bone dry.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2013, 11:10 AM

Its going to be hard to find one to hold right now...But CJ has some in various styles in stock right now...His number is in one of the very first threads Also give Jerry Hammond a call his number is also in the first thead....And topgunssupply.com has a USA shooter in stock right now...

Good Luck with your search!!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falon View Post
I find it difficult to spend $2000 plus on a 1911 that I can not even hold in my hand.
I did that with two LB Premier II's.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:26 PM

Did it with my Comanche. First Baer, just went thru John and all went well.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:13 AM

Location: The land of hi taxes and lousy politicians, Upsate NY.
I purchased two through CJ. I had minor problems with one. I called him and he helped with being the middle man and I got the issues resolved in a very short turn around time and a fair price for the extra work I wanted done. If I was in the market for another L.B. I would buy it through CJ1911Heavn with no worries at all.
I have a Premier II that I want to send in and have a new finish on it. I need to decide what I want and look at some photo's here and see what is reccomended.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:44 PM

I wanted to give a nod to The Barnwood Arms in Ripon, CA. They are over an hour east of the bay area, but they had more than a handful of LBs in stock. I purchased my P II from them and was pleased with the transaction. When I went to pick it up, there were still about 10 in stock. (http://www.thebarnwoodarms.com)

I noticed that they also have a PII as a rental for their range, too!

P.S. I have no link to them other than being a satisfied customer.