1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > General Gun Discussion

Old 11-01-2011, 08:53 PM

Shooters of Jacksonville

Monday morning I called Shooter's of Jacksonville. I told the sales person who answerd the phone that I was looking for a STI Trojan in 9mm, I also was in the market for a Glock 19. I was assured by the sales person that they had the 9mm Trojan at the store. I informed him that I would drive the 90 miles to pick up the gun. He said anyone could help.
When I arrived ,I asked to see the Trojan, the sales person opened the case and said, "we don't have one in stock." The owner walked by, and my son commented that this was a wasted trip, the owner said, "well, not really." The owners offer was to send one down to Daytona to me. I would have to pay the shipping cost, and the transfer fees on my end. Now this is the second time I have been told that they had a product in stock, to drive 90 miles one way, to find out they indeed did not. I will no longer shop at Shooters of Jacksonville.
I called Dawson, and ordered the gun, set up the way I wanted, and saved money.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:39 PM

Once, shame on them. Twice, shame on you!

Bob
Old 11-01-2011, 09:47 PM

2nd time around

That's true, but I did give them a second chance. But it won't be three strikes and you're out.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:03 PM

I live and work around Palm Coast and have a few friends that also gave them two chances... They will not be returning either... I have always preferred to do business with smaller local shops... Most will order what you want...

"First weigh the considerations, then take the risks." Helmuth von Moltke
Old 11-02-2011, 12:09 AM

I think that's who I got my STI Off-Duty from. They shipped it to Idaho right away and I was happy with every aspect of the transaction. Make sure the salesman physically holds the pistol in his hand next time. Computers that show which items in stock are constantly wrong in retail operations.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:22 AM

Shooters is a very high volume dealer, at any time will be 10 or more sales person on the floor, and if you go on Saturday most of the time the lines are 2 or 3 deep.
They have the best prices in the area, and if Bud's price is lower, they will match the price.
The way they sale guns, even if the sales person is holding the gun when you call, can be gone in the next 30 minutes
Old 11-02-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by island 18 View Post
They have the best prices in the area, and if Bud's price is lower, they will match the price.
That's good to know, though I have never seen a lower price at Bud's.

Joe
Old 11-03-2011, 10:11 PM

As "Island 18" mentioned, Shooters of Jax is indeed a very high volume dealer and they move guns like candy. If you happen to be at Shooters and find the gun in stock that you want, you can indeed negotiate an incredible price. If you're there in person, they can also check to see if the gun you want is in their distribution chain and get it to the store the next day. However, they're responsiveness and cooperation via phone call-ins is terrible.

My preferred LGS in Jax is the Gun Gallery. Those folks are great. You may pay a little more at Gun Gallery as opossed to Shooters, but the level of service is well worth. If you call Neil (the Manager), he'll make arrangements and accommodate you.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by US1911 View Post
However, they're responsiveness and cooperation via phone call-ins is terrible.
Pretty much my experience with gunbroker and internet orders with them.
Main problem was they said they had my FFL's lic on file when I discussed
the orders on the phone, but then delayed shipping because he hadn't faxed
it to them. What? As soon as faxed, they got orders right out.

I would certainly deal with them again, and have recommended them to
others.

But OP has a bonafide gripe!

Joe
Old 11-03-2011, 10:47 PM

I called them when I was looking for a Keltec PMR-30. They wanted $800. I laughed and hung up. A few more calls later I was on another shop's list for one at $410 shipped. A few days later I found one with 200 down the pipe for $380 shipped.

If they can get $800 for one more power to them. That's insanity.