1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Ammo Can


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-24-2011, 03:21 PM
ec51 ec51 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 80
Freedom Ammunition...?




Long-time lurker here...

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with "Freedom Ammunition?"

I spoke to the owner a couple of times about possibly ordering a case of his reloaded 45 ACP. He has some good prices; $325 for a case of either Federal, Winchester, Remington, CBC, or PMC brass (he claims it is brand new brass).

Just wondering if anyone has ever ordered from them?

I went to the range this weekend for the first time with my new Springer Mil Spec and tried a few different brands. Realized the Aguila shoots just as well as any of the other brands I tried (Federal Champion, WWB, and Remington UMC), the WWB being the dirtiest (though it was the Wally World value pack). I was very close to ordering a case of the Aguila, until I found this website.

What do you guys think?

http://freedomammunition.com/shop/



Eric
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-24-2011, 05:17 PM
cinman14 cinman14 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 271
Steve uses all new components including brass. I must say that the ammo Steve sends out looks like he polishes every piece with a cloth. Shoots clean as well. I have shot the 230gr .45 acp as well as the 180gr .40 S&W. I ordered the Winchester brass with all my orders. My son as well as my neighbor have all been pleased with the ammo as well.

I think you can save the brass and send it back to him if you want it reloaded. I'm not sure how much that saves over buying new. Steve is also a hoot to speak with as well.

If you decide to order some, leave some feedback in this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-04-2011, 10:40 AM
ec51 ec51 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 80
Ammo should be arriving sometime next week.

I will report back, thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-21-2011, 11:23 AM
ec51 ec51 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 80
Received the ammo. The rounds come in 6 ziplock bags which are each put inside a smaller box for shipping. The rounds did look like they were each hand polished prior to shipping. Very clean, shiny brass...!

Went to the range this past Sunday; these rounds definitely shoots slightly hotter than your standard 230 gr - but then again, I was informed of such.

Shot around 200 rounds with no misfires or stovepipes and only 2 misfeeds, which I believe were due to magazine error and not the rounds.

Freedom Ammo - definitely worth checking out!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Ssanders224 Ssanders224 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 414
So is it Reloaded ammo??
Or is it Fed, PMC, and Win factory ammo??
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Kimbercarry25 Kimbercarry25 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Norhtwest
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssanders224 View Post
So is it Reloaded ammo??
Or is it Fed, PMC, and Win factory ammo??
Reloaded using any of the above specified brass I do believe.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-21-2011, 09:48 PM
ec51 ec51 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssanders224 View Post
So is it Reloaded ammo??
Or is it Fed, PMC, and Win factory ammo??
It is "reloaded" - though it is brand new factory brass.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Freedom84 Freedom84 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15
Reload= You shoot it, pick it up resize and reload.
Remanufacture= Same as above, but once fired and case prep.
Manufacture= New brass load to Saami specs or Custom.
Manufactur Custom=Same as above, but not following Saami specs one bit, also known as Wildcat loads.

Hope this helps,
__________________
"I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-04-2011, 06:23 PM
cinman14 cinman14 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec51 View Post
Received the ammo. The rounds come in 6 ziplock bags which are each put inside a smaller box for shipping. The rounds did look like they were each hand polished prior to shipping. Very clean, shiny brass...!

Went to the range this past Sunday; these rounds definitely shoots slightly hotter than your standard 230 gr - but then again, I was informed of such.

Shot around 200 rounds with no misfires or stovepipes and only 2 misfeeds, which I believe were due to magazine error and not the rounds.

Freedom Ammo - definitely worth checking out!
Thanks for leaving your feedback. I am glad this ammo worked for you.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Excalibur Excalibur is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: KY
Posts: 1,453
Been shooting it for awhile now and really like it. Steve does a good job and I thought his service was great.
__________________
"This country was founded by religious nuts with guns."
-- P.J. O’Rourke
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-15-2011, 06:45 PM
magnum8898 magnum8898 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ventura Couny
Posts: 43
Freedom Ammo 45acp

Order the 45acp from Steve. Seems a litte on the hotter side, your 16 lb spring might be a little soft, but the 18lb works great. No issues with the ammo. Would buy his over any from a big factory; I try to support small businessmen.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Rifter's Avatar
Rifter Rifter is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The People's Republic of Illinois, most corrupt state in the Union.
Posts: 4,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec51 View Post
Long-time lurker here...

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with "Freedom Ammunition?"

I spoke to the owner a couple of times about possibly ordering a case of his reloaded 45 ACP. He has some good prices; $325 for a case of either Federal, Winchester, Remington, CBC, or PMC brass (he claims it is brand new brass).

Just wondering if anyone has ever ordered from them?

I went to the range this weekend for the first time with my new Springer Mil Spec and tried a few different brands. Realized the Aguila shoots just as well as any of the other brands I tried (Federal Champion, WWB, and Remington UMC), the WWB being the dirtiest (though it was the Wally World value pack). I was very close to ordering a case of the Aguila, until I found this website.

What do you guys think?

http://freedomammunition.com/shop/

Eric
Unless they've changed their load lately, Aquila is not a full power load. I've had some that ran as much as 100 fps below standard. WWB may be dirty but it runs at full throttle, although personally I don't think its all that dirty.
__________________
Vietnam Combat Vet - U.S. Navy 1970-1974
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice - Barry Goldwater
When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance becomes Duty - Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2011 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved