1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Ammo Can

Old 10-24-2011, 03:21 PM

Freedom Ammunition...?

Long-time lurker here...

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with "Freedom Ammunition?"

I spoke to the owner a couple of times about possibly ordering a case of his reloaded 45 ACP. He has some good prices; $325 for a case of either Federal, Winchester, Remington, CBC, or PMC brass (he claims it is brand new brass).

Just wondering if anyone has ever ordered from them?

I went to the range this weekend for the first time with my new Springer Mil Spec and tried a few different brands. Realized the Aguila shoots just as well as any of the other brands I tried (Federal Champion, WWB, and Remington UMC), the WWB being the dirtiest (though it was the Wally World value pack). I was very close to ordering a case of the Aguila, until I found this website.

What do you guys think?

http://freedomammunition.com/shop/

Eric
Old 10-24-2011, 05:17 PM

Steve uses all new components including brass. I must say that the ammo Steve sends out looks like he polishes every piece with a cloth. Shoots clean as well. I have shot the 230gr .45 acp as well as the 180gr .40 S&W. I ordered the Winchester brass with all my orders. My son as well as my neighbor have all been pleased with the ammo as well.

I think you can save the brass and send it back to him if you want it reloaded. I'm not sure how much that saves over buying new. Steve is also a hoot to speak with as well.

If you decide to order some, leave some feedback in this thread.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:40 AM

Ammo should be arriving sometime next week.

I will report back, thanks!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:23 AM

Received the ammo. The rounds come in 6 ziplock bags which are each put inside a smaller box for shipping. The rounds did look like they were each hand polished prior to shipping. Very clean, shiny brass...!

Went to the range this past Sunday; these rounds definitely shoots slightly hotter than your standard 230 gr - but then again, I was informed of such.

Shot around 200 rounds with no misfires or stovepipes and only 2 misfeeds, which I believe were due to magazine error and not the rounds.

Freedom Ammo - definitely worth checking out!
Old 11-21-2011, 12:27 PM

So is it Reloaded ammo??
Or is it Fed, PMC, and Win factory ammo??
Old 11-21-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssanders224 View Post
So is it Reloaded ammo??
Reloaded using any of the above specified brass I do believe.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssanders224 View Post
So is it Reloaded ammo??
It is "reloaded" - though it is brand new factory brass.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:03 PM

Reload= You shoot it, pick it up resize and reload.
Remanufacture= Same as above, but once fired and case prep.
Manufacture= New brass load to Saami specs or Custom.
Manufactur Custom=Same as above, but not following Saami specs one bit, also known as Wildcat loads.

Hope this helps,
"I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer."
Old 12-04-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec51 View Post
Received the ammo. The rounds come in 6 ziplock bags which are each put inside a smaller box for shipping. The rounds did look like they were each hand polished prior to shipping. Very clean, shiny brass...!

Went to the range this past Sunday; these rounds definitely shoots slightly hotter than your standard 230 gr - but then again, I was informed of such.

Shot around 200 rounds with no misfires or stovepipes and only 2 misfeeds, which I believe were due to magazine error and not the rounds.

Freedom Ammo - definitely worth checking out!
Thanks for leaving your feedback. I am glad this ammo worked for you.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:39 PM

Been shooting it for awhile now and really like it. Steve does a good job and I thought his service was great.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:45 PM

Freedom Ammo 45acp

Order the 45acp from Steve. Seems a litte on the hotter side, your 16 lb spring might be a little soft, but the 18lb works great. No issues with the ammo. Would buy his over any from a big factory; I try to support small businessmen.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:10 PM

Location: The People's Republic of Illinois, most corrupt state in the Union.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec51 View Post
Long-time lurker here...

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with "Freedom Ammunition?"

I spoke to the owner a couple of times about possibly ordering a case of his reloaded 45 ACP. He has some good prices; $325 for a case of either Federal, Winchester, Remington, CBC, or PMC brass (he claims it is brand new brass).

Just wondering if anyone has ever ordered from them?

I went to the range this weekend for the first time with my new Springer Mil Spec and tried a few different brands. Realized the Aguila shoots just as well as any of the other brands I tried (Federal Champion, WWB, and Remington UMC), the WWB being the dirtiest (though it was the Wally World value pack). I was very close to ordering a case of the Aguila, until I found this website.

What do you guys think?

http://freedomammunition.com/shop/

Eric
Unless they've changed their load lately, Aquila is not a full power load. I've had some that ran as much as 100 fps below standard. WWB may be dirty but it runs at full throttle, although personally I don't think its all that dirty.

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice - Barry Goldwater
When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance becomes Duty - Thomas Jefferson