1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > General Gun Discussion

Old 09-25-2011, 06:00 PM

Most accurate semi auto pistol I've ever shot...

Without question the most accurate semi auto pistol I've ever shot is the Baby Eagle II 9mm 4.5" barrel, all steel version. It's essentially a CZ75 clone, as is the EAA Witness. I own both the Baby Eagle II and the EAA Witness full size 9mm. It's easy to understand why CZ75's and their clones are often used in USPSA competition. While I've been shooting nearly all 42 years of my life, I just started shooting local USPSA using a few different semi auto's, and when I shoot the Baby Eagle (production class) everyone comments on how amazingly accurate I am. Then when I shoot Limited class (XDm 40, M&P40) and single stack class (Kimber Custom II 1911), I come back to the real world and the compliments are few.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my XDm, M&P, and my 1911's, but the Baby Eagle just elevates my game. I did buy a FNP 45 from Bud's recently and should get it this week, and I know these are supposed to be incredibly accurate. I got it because of it's accuracy and high mag capacity (15 rounds) for .45acp and hope to use it in Limited class for USPSA. I hope it becomes my most accurate semi pistol ever, but it will have to perform magic to overtake my Baby Eagle.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:34 PM

I have the .38 Super E.A.A. and after very little work,mostly on the sights, it is what I term a "tack driver". My intent was to use it in IDPA because of the 17 round capacity , but like "the best laid plans.....", IDPA here is revolver neutral. There is no need for a high cap. gun when all I can load is as many as a revolver (6) !
I do enjoy the gun though, it is a joy to shoot. I am too old for competition anyway. The double action is "horrible" but the single action use of it with the cocked 'n' lock carry is redeemingly smooth ! I don't see to many of these guns at the range. Guess the bigger names sell far more handguns !
My favorite feature is that it is heavy and absorbs recoil !...
Old 09-25-2011, 11:01 PM

I used a CZ-75B with the Omega trigger group for a year in USPSA Production class. I would say it it the easiest to shoot accurately in asemi-auto pistol I've ever had.

I went to the Glock 34 last year. And, I gotta say, its taken me a lot of rounds to get consistent with it. I had to play around with my reloads a little and I went with a lighter recoil spring. But, I'd say I'm shooting about as accurate with it as I was with the CZ.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:24 PM

I had the same situation when I went from my old Sppringfield GI to a new Wilson Combat CQB. Gotta LOVE an accurate pistol or rifle!

FN in MT
Old 09-26-2011, 12:19 AM

Never shot a baby eagle but my xdm has to be my most accurate pistol.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:46 AM

I have a CZ 75B SA and it's scary accurate with any production ammo you throw in it.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:20 AM

Believe it or not, an older DW Pointman has been the most accurate.

It is followed closely by an assortment of others. Rock River, Baer, Brown, S&W 945s, etc.

Bob
Old 09-26-2011, 07:57 AM

A Coonan model B with all of the upgrades. I didn't try this but I almost think that it would hit the bullseye even if I pointed it 180 degrees away from it.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:51 AM

A Bob Marvel worked over B H P is the most accurate semi-auto handgun I have in the personal herd.........followed up very closely by a modded Springer Mil Spec 1911 in 9mm. In .45 auto it would be the Wilson C Q B.

Be safe, shoot well.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:37 AM

The Holy Grail, my Colt Woodsman made in 1938 regularly shoots 3/4" 10-shot groups at 25 yards with a modified Weaver grip and bulk ammo.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Never shot the Baby Eagle but I do have a EAA Witness Classic 9mm (small frame) and it is very very accurate.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:46 PM

What Vern said, +1. I have a pre-war Woodsman Match Target. It shoots very very straight. My buddy--who has a bull barrel Mark 1 Ruger target pistol-- made fun of my Woodsman. He called it an "ancient fossil" Then after he shot it he tried to buy it from me. Hell no. That sucker's worth every dime of 3 grand to me.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:48 PM

The Sig P-220, out of the box has got to be the most consistantly (meaning from a number of specimens) accurate production .45acp out there.
Proverbs 29:10 Bloodthirsty men hate a man of integrity and seek to kill the upright.

Last edited by DANCESWITHGUNS; 09-26-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:45 PM

I have a very early Smith and Wesson 41 with both 7.25 and 5.25" barrels and with either, it is capable of sub 1" groups at 25 yards, hand held, not from a rest. Long barrel is fitted with a compensator as well.

I also have an early High Standard Trophy Military with a 7.25" fluted barrel that is the equal of the Smith.

I have had the High Standard for a long time and I use it for 22 Pistol Silhouette has no trouble with the rams at 100 yards.