1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 08-06-2011, 12:56 AM

what night sights do you guys recommend?

i read the dimensions of the dovetail cuts on the para's.

i have an LTC in 9mm, and it has a dovetail cut front and im pretty sure its the novak cut on the rear.

what make and model will fit the Para cuts? the dimensions are a little confusing to me. are the dimensions pretty much generic, or are they specific to paras?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

-9mmman
Old 08-06-2011, 10:08 AM

I have a PDA and they come equipped with night sights. They do work well in low light situations, but do not like them for daylight shooting over 15 yards. Just shot my qualification for retired LE Officers concealed carrry, at the distances required 2, 4, and 7 yds. I just point shot so no problem. My main problem with the course was the fast time, might be because I'm old.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:55 AM

thats good to know,

but totally off topic.

i need to know what model number of trijicon/mepro's/XS work with the para dovetail cuts.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:23 PM

9mmman...search the sight manufactures website..it will give you the options they offer.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmman View Post
thats good to know,

but totally off topic.

i need to know what model number of trijicon/mepro's/XS work with the para dovetail cuts.
Probably off topic............but courtesy goes a long way when you are requesting information.

Not many of the big name aftermarket sight makers you mentioned even make sights to fit the Para front dovetail. The Para dovetail dimensions are unique to Para. Para is not known for consistent front sight dovetail dimensions or any other dimensions for that matter.

IMO your best bet would be to check out Dawson Precision. They may have what you are looking for.