1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > General Gun Discussion

Old 11-25-2002, 03:56 PM

got me a newER assault rifle

Folks have been making fun of my assault rifles because they all have levers on them. They said it was time I got something modern and black. Well, I can't quite get used to the idea of black rifles yet. I still need a little warmth so gotta have some wood. Don't even like them black grips on my Smiths.

Anyway, bowing to peer pressure, I bought a newER assault rifle.

I got this from CDNN last week. I had ordered it because I wanted something more modern than my other rifles, but I didn't want to spend a bunch of money. Initially I wanted their bottom of the line, fair condition beater at $69.99 but they were all gone and they suckered me all the way up to their good condition matching numbers model at $89.99. They tried to get me to pop for the Excellent just made yesterday model @ $119.99 but I wasn't biting.

So it came in. Looks to be Unissued. Some storage marks (supposedly they hauled them out every five years, cleaned all the cosmoline off, test fired them to make sure they were ready then gunked them up again and back in the case for another five years) but no cuts, gouges, splits, carvings, dings or dents.

Closeup showing Crest stamp, receiver and furniture.

All the serial number match including the firing pin. There are signs that it was actually sighted in for windage and elevation, the front sight shows signs of discrete tapping, and the rear sight is marked for everything from 100 meters out to 2000 meters.

Now I'm looking for a set of surplus eyes that can see something at 2000 meters.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:26 PM
Banned

That's a fine looking rifle. You know, since I got my Ruger M77 International, I've become more and more enamored of bolt action. I've always liked Mausers, though I'm pretty partial to Mosin Nagants. Just might better get me a Mauser K98. I'd really like to get me an Israeli Mauser in good shape because those are .308 converted! Of course so is the Spanish FR8. Hmmmm.....