1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 05-31-2011, 08:42 PM

Regent Arms 1911?

http://regentarms.com/

Have any of you guys seen one of these?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 PM

Yep! Been stalking one that's at my LGS. Bare bones 1911. I got a chance to shoot one and it's a shooter. Good model to build up I've been told.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:50 PM

Where is it made? Or should I ask where are most of the parts made?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 PM

I just got my answer: Turkey
Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 PM

I've heard good things about them. On another 1911 forum several people liked theirs. Don't know about CS though.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 PM
Administrator

I've only seen one so far, and I was disappointed that it didn't look nearly as nice as the one they show on their website. However as I didn't have a chance to fire it I can only judge by appearances.
Try not to fall into the common trap of wanting to replace everything on your new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out, and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot it for at least 500 rounds, then decide what you don't like and want improved. Vintage 1911's should NEVER be refinished or modified because it ruins any value they had as a collectible firearm.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 AM

I almost bought one ($450) of these instead of my Mil Spec. But for an extra $150 I went with the SA. Wouldn't mind having a Regent R100 in the collection. Can never have too many 1911. I'm just got the addiction...
Old 06-16-2011, 12:28 PM

At the gunshow before the last one, a dealer had about 7 of them on the table. These had the older squared frame that the older Springfields used to have and they did have a little rattle when shaken, what turned me off of them was the finish flaked off when I rubbed my thumb down the slide. They were selling for something like 300 each. Now, if I could buy one cheaper, I would just to see how they handle under extensive use.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:40 PM

I examined one of these at an Academy Sports, the frame was a very rough casting (not sure about the slide) and there were tool marks galore.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:04 PM

I'm wondering if any of the comments I see here "tool marks" "Flaking finish" and so on have actually been up close and personal with one. I've got two of em. No finish issues no mechanical issues.
I have noticed on the one if it gets hot after afew quick magazines it will sometimes throw a round some where other than where I'm aiming. The other one seems to have an issue chambering WWB ammo when cold from half open mode.
Saw the word "loose"? You can get em to rattle if you shake em hard but tighter by a lot than my colt which is pretty good about delivering bumble bees if I'm not gripped right...
Got rid of my SA to get the second regent. Not that the SA was all that bad but I like to mix and match parts...
I will add one more "neutral- negative" about them. Gotta be honest, fair and balanced. I use mine for hog hunting and for shooting mako sharks. They can take the moist world of the swamp just fine but the salt air environment when we fish I'm seeing hints of rust not on the frame , rather on the "stainless" barrel. Granted a harsh enviroment but not bad enough where I should be seeing that.

Last edited by Deep C; 06-18-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousana View Post
At the gunshow before the last one, a dealer had about 7 of them on the table. These had the older squared frame that the older Springfields used to have and they did have a little rattle when shaken, what turned me off of them was the finish flaked off when I rubbed my thumb down the slide. They were selling for something like 300 each. Now, if I could buy one cheaper, I would just to see how they handle under extensive use.
Well Deep C: Seeing as how I actually handled several of the Regents on the guys table, and they all lost finish when I rubbed em, yes, I have been up close and personal with 5 and refused to touch the 6th or 7th. Now, later production runs may have firmed up the weapons, but their initial offerings were not of the best quality.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:35 PM

regent arms 1911

I own the Regent Arms 1911 imported by Umarex. my LGS lets you shoot 25 rounds in a gun before you buy. So I shot the Regent Arms 1911 and the Remington R1 1911. The Regent was half the price at $465. Both guns are accurate and well made. the finish was better on the Remington and it had a few features that the Regent didn't have such as better sights, better grips and extended beaver tail on the grip safety. Other than those few features I cannot justify paying more money for the Remington. I have since shot 400 rounds through the Regent. no problems. I did shoot 50 rounds of Federal hydrashok 165 gr JHp with no issues.
I would recommend buying a quality magazine. the one that comes with it works fine but there are better ones out there.
Do yourself a favor and go buy the Regent Arms 1911.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:46 AM

Today I saw my first Regent 1911.

It was the R200S, which is their stainless, hi-zoot model with enhanced features. This particular shop had it priced at $630. It was a great looking 1911, with the exception of the grip safety & slide catch. I'm not sure if these parts are chromed, or highly polished stainless, either way they looked chintzy and took away from the otherwise nice appearance.

There was a little bit of slide-to-frame play, but nothing I would call sloppy. Just a little wiggle. The thumb safety was very vague, and just kind of slid up & down, instead of crisply snapping on and off. The trigger was OK. I'm not super sensitive to different triggers, but I don't like when there is excessive travel, creep, or mush. This wasn't too bad. The sights looked nice, just run-of-the-mill Novak-style 3-dot. The rear of the slide was serrated.

Another thing I noticed, is that the grip part of the frame seemed thicker than normal for a 1911 from front strap to back strap.

It was an OK gun. I think there are better guns for that price.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Got rid of my SA to get the second regent. Not that the SA was all that bad but I like to mix and match parts...
I'm new but whats a "SA"
Old 02-11-2012, 04:31 PM

SA is Springfield Armory,
Old 02-11-2012, 10:39 PM

I own the Regent R100 - it's got maybe 1500 rounds down range with a lot FMJ and some JHP (all 230 grain) without a single FTF or FTE. With three spare mags, taxes, and fees, it was just under $500 out the door ($380 base price).

It compares very favorably with my S&W 1911 that's twice the price and at it's price point, it's a great value IMO.

I also own two other Turkish pistols (SAR K2 and an AR-24) and think Turkey is building some fine pistols.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:25 PM

Turkish arms are starting to come to the states and I think we're going to see more. I know the Regent 200 is out and they also have a MS railed model as well. Like Sousana I was relatively unimpressed with the finish on the example I saw at Gender Mountain. Think they wanted 368 for it, which for that price you can't yell about the finish all that much.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 AM

I have one of these.

It does not rattle although you can hear what I assume is one of the springs inside if you shake it real hard. Mine does say Turkey on it but it also says Billrica Ma in a couple of places. The finish is fine and it's a pretty nice piece from what I am told by guys at the range who I let shoot it. It looks pretty sexy to me

I have had a few FTL every 100 rounds or so but only at the end of the box when it warms up and gets dirty.

I'm gonna change the plastic grips for wood and buy another mag but that's it. It shoots as good as I do I imagine.

I can upload a pic if anyone is interested.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
I can upload a pic if anyone is interested.
lets see it.

I wonder how these compare to RIA?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:53 AM

I got mine at centerfiresystems.com. $349.99. I think Rock Island Armory's quality is a justa a smidge better (since I have both, I feel I can comment on this). Click on the link below.

http://centerfiresystems.com/TURK-1911.aspx
Old 02-13-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
I got mine at centerfiresystems.com. $349.99. I think Rock Island Armory's quality is a justa a smidge better (since I have both, I feel I can comment on this). Click on the link below.

http://centerfiresystems.com/TURK-1911.aspx
How's it compare to the Norinco's?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoverrideplik View Post
How's it compare to the Norinco's?
I prefer the Norinco 1911's. I really don't care for the parkerizing on the IAC. I prefer the real hot-bluing on the Norincos. The biggest quirck I noticed with the IAC is that the ass-end of the extractor sits about 1/16th of an inch depressed in its bore and is not flush with the back of the slide. At least my Norinco's have extractors that are flush (my RIA's have been flush too). I could see where this would bother a lot of people and one might want to purchase a new extractor and fit it to the slide for appearance purposes.

One positive for the Turk 1911 is that it has less tool marks on the inside of the frame and slide so the interior machine finish (I know...who cares right?) is better. This may be due to the fact that the Turk frame is easier to machine due to it being cast rather than forged like the Norc frame. Strengthwise, the Turk frame will never be as strong as the forged Norinco frame.

I currently have 2 Norcs and would buy another. I'm pretty much done with the Turk pistol at a quantity of 1.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:44 PM

HI All,

Some amateur-ish pics of my Regent-

Last edited by Corrigun; 02-16-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:43 PM

Just joined the forum after purchasing a Regent R200s. Previous 1911 experience was a 1927 Sistema Colt copy.

First time I shot the Umarex was today and I put 100 rounds of FMJ and 20+ JHP down range with no FTF/FTE. Though I can echo the sentiments of others in this thread: most of the components (slide stop, ambidextrous safety, beavertail, mainspring housing) are chromed and not stainless. Feel of the ambi safety is cheap; no 'click' when engaging like you would feel/hear with a higher quality/$ 1911. The slide and frame are fit pretty well with only a minute amount of wiggle. There is also minimal play between the barrel bushing and barrel.

I was pleasantly surprised with the performance.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:47 PM

Here's a couple of quick pictures that I took with my phone.

And they're appear to be oriented correctly...
Attached Thumbnails
photo-14.jpg   photo-15.jpg   photo-16.jpg  

Last edited by noobert; 02-18-2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Photos