1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Sig Sauer

Old 07-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ughh View Post
For the same features the Tac Ops have, and a savings of over $400 dollars, why not?! I guess a good competitor, cheaper than the SA's would be Kimber's TLE/RL model, which i should add the SA's I mentioned is missing one feature for a higher premium:the picatinny rail. Kimber's TLE/RL has ALL the features comparable to Sig's Tac Ops but then is missing a good manufacturer's warranty to back it up.

There is one good reason i found throughout my researching: Sig's are not American made, therefore, not contributing to our GDP, but for $400 dollars, approximately, with all the additional features and front strap checkering the Tac Ops has, WHY NOT?!

Well, the SIGs' factories on the east coast put them together, with a couple hundred employees, and have one of the better training Academy staffs in the world. Yes, the world. The Corporate HQs are in Germany, where most of the money goes I'd imagine, but I'd rather send some there than South America.(Brazil)

I bought a TacOps for duty after doing the same shopping; really looked hard at the S&W E-Series but they were at least $200+ more, when you could find one. I ended up with the TacOps, 5 mags, holster, no shipping or CC fees for $900. Now I'm shopping the Scorpion Carry with TB.....ugh.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:04 PM

I've been reading the Sig forum and I really appreciate the comments and experiences.

I had to sell my beloved Valtro about 7 years ago due to hardships and I just don't see myself buying another one.

So - I've been looking for a good 1911 at a great price and from everything I've read, I think it's made by Sig.

The external extractor put me off at first, but I'm over it and I plan on buying a 5" Nightmare in a couple months.

It seems like an ideal gun for me - I have large hands and I really like the feel and it seems to have what I want in a CHL piece as well as potential for dabbling in some local practical shooting events.

Can anyone speak to how well the Sigs feed LSWC rounds? I used to hand load those a lot and my Valtro ate 'em up but I understand not all guns like those.
Texan by choice
Old 07-03-2012, 07:14 PM

^^^ I shoot a large amount of lead through my tac ops, mostly ball but I have shot about 500 rounds of LSWC. No feeding issues with my current firearm but this was only after having dialed in my particular loads. My LSWC loads are a copy off of the H.G #68 molds seated flush to the hood of my barrel. Accuracy is fantastic