1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Sig Sauer

Old 05-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Sig 1911 Carry Stainless vs Sig 1911 C3

I am in the market for a Commander sized 1911, and I am a Sig fan so I have it narrowed down to these 2 pistols.

Does anyone have any suggestions between these two? I was leaning toward the Carry because it's a true Commander sized 1911 as opposed to the C3 with the shorter grip. However, my local dealer has the C3 in stock and I'd have to wait on Sig's next run for them to order the Carry model from Sig.

Are there any other factors I should consider between these two? Reliability, etc?

This will most likely be my everyday carry weapon and I am usually open carrying, so ease of concealing is not really a factor for me.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:01 PM

I have the C3 and I shot my friends STI ranger commander size. I wish I got. The commander size felt more solid In the hand due to bigger grip
Old 05-26-2011, 08:05 PM

C3?

I have the sig C3. Mine has the magwell, and the extended bumper pads on the magazines, and it has a great grip feel to it. Very accurate also.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

The C3 is a cool gun. I would pick one you didn't list. The C3 plus. Magwell extension and Hogue rosewood grips come standard. It's a good compromise because you get the light weight frame plus the benefits of an extended grip and faster reloading. I really like the C3 plus.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Yea the C3P is the one I have on order it's sweet looking. If it shoots like my Tac Ops then it will be my new carry gun.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:24 PM

Very nice

I shot a friends C3Plus this week and have to say it is amazing the group I shot free hand at 15 yards. I was so impressed I went by the gun shop and traded in my Sig 229 E2 for the C3Plus. Hopefully my new purchase will shoot as well as the one I tried. The single stack guns fit my small hands much better than the double stack.
Any imformation on holsters, bullets for this gun will be helpful. I have also heard that FMJ's are just as effective as JHP in a 45 but I have no clue because I have never owned an 45 Auto?
Any information will be helpful.
Thanks Phil.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:03 PM

I have a SIG 1911 stainless carry and could not be more happy. I have fairly large hands, and the full length grip frame of the carry model just feels better to me. It's a personal preference thing, but my vote is for the larger grip frame carry model.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:41 PM

I'm going to get a compact model soon. Hopefully this coming week if my bonus and commissions allow it. I had wanted to get one of the compact models in all stainless (frame and slide) in nitron but SIG discontinued it. Is there much difference in the feel/balance between the all steel gun and the alloy framed C3/RCS? I like the checkering on the alloy framed models that apparently wasn't offered on the stainless framed version(hard to tell from pictures). But I can always have that done later. I saw a grenade style checkering someone had done and liked it a lot.

Last edited by xxINFIDELxx; 05-29-2011 at 10:02 PM.