1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 05-03-2011, 10:18 AM

GSG-1911 .22 compared to

I'm wondering how the gsg .22 trigger compares to standard .45 models, more specifically, will the .22 help w/ trigger practice on my colt gold cup trophy & anviii? figuring it'd pay for itself after 700 rounds, which wouldn't take too long to go thru.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:26 AM

IMO, yes. I bought it as a trainer so that my wife could get comfortable with the feel of 1911. The trigger is very close to most of my 1911's.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:38 AM

I've fired exactly one mag though this pistol. So keep that in mind with my thoughts.

It needs a trigger job bad. I thought the safety was still on. However, I am used to a crisp 3# trigger.
NRA Life Member
Old 05-03-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
I've fired exactly one mag though this pistol. So keep that in mind with my thoughts.

It needs a trigger job bad. I thought the safety was still on. However, I am used to a crisp 3# trigger.
Ditto this. I'm completely spoiled by the trigger on my Rock River though.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:20 PM

The trigger on my GSG 1911 is as good or better than any of the triggers on my 45's. My father also purchased one which I have shot and his is light and crisp as well. The Chiappa I bought on the other hand is a whole different story.

Gary
Old 05-03-2011, 09:02 PM

I've got one with about 2500 rds thru it. It doesn't like Federal but loves Rem bulk. The Fed has entirely too many duds per box so I just quit using it. I've added a set of real wood grips, Novak sights, a Wilson spring buffer, a Kimber speedbump grip safety, a Wilson checkered real metal mainspring housing and shot the hell out of it. Seems like its getting a little sloppy now but others have run 5k rds thru 'em with springs and a few other things replaced free from ATI. It does help trigger practice a bunch and it sure makes shooting cheap. I just got a new Ruger 1911 today so the .22 is going backburner for a while.

Last edited by Mac11; 05-03-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
The Chiappa I bought on the other hand is a whole different story.
Indeed.... two completely different fire control groups...
Old 05-04-2011, 01:04 PM

The trigger pull on mine is actually quite good, I was pleasantly suprised. The only issue I've had with mine is that somehow the barrel bushing turned a bit while shooting and beat the hell out of the guide rod. I've had 3 FTF's in almost 1500 rds. I can live with that, one was a double feed. Everyone thats shot it has said they are going to get one. My sights were crazy off when I got it, could tell by visually looking at it but I went ahead and shot it to be sure and adjusted from there. It'll put a fist size group at 15yds all day long if I do my part. I've only run 3 different ammo's through it but all have been good for me.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:37 PM

The trigger on mine is great and I have no complaints at all about it.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:56 PM

Ditto on the good GSG trigger. Mine is MUCH better than the one on my Spartan.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:26 AM

Back Grip Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post

Are you sure it wasn't your Back Grip Safety causing the problem. My was fairly stiff at first but loosened up just fine leeting the trigger work as it should.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc9636 View Post
Are you sure it wasn't your Back Grip Safety causing the problem. My was fairly stiff at first but loosened up just fine leeting the trigger work as it should.
It wasn't my gun. The trigger was stiff. It sounds like others have triggers that work for them so it's a hit and miss thing.
NRA Life Member
Old 05-14-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklane View Post
The trigger pull on mine is actually quite good, I was pleasantly suprised. The only issue I've had with mine is that somehow the barrel bushing turned a bit while shooting and beat the hell out of the guide rod. I've had 3 FTF's in almost 1500 rds. I can live with that, one was a double feed. Everyone thats shot it has said they are going to get one. My sights were crazy off when I got it, could tell by visually looking at it but I went ahead and shot it to be sure and adjusted from there. It'll put a fist size group at 15yds all day long if I do my part. I've only run 3 different ammo's through it but all have been good for me.
Out of curiosity, what ammo have your used??? Mine is accurate and reliable but will only consistently feed CCI Mini Mags and Rem Golden Bullets. Fed and Winny bulks just cause it to puke all over itself.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:47 PM

I love mine. Done a little modding with more on the way. I never go the range... Oops I never go to an official range, without it. I've shot 3,000 rds or more through it. Hate ranges unless I have to. Lots of private hunting land and public land to shoot on. Hate rules on how and what I can shoot. When I shoot I take at least 10 guns or I don't go.