1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Springfield Armory

Old 03-31-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinman14 View Post
Well.. That sucks.
I take it that you've never bought a gun from out of state then?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
I take it that you've never bought a gun from out of state then?
Twice. My gun dealer must see the value in transferring a few guns for his regular customers. Maybe he's a "non-profit" organization because he can usually beat the Bud's and other on-line dealer prices.. :-)

I bought one of these a few weeks ago for 430.00
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=41808

And I seen one of these for 479.00 the same day
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=56531
Old 03-31-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinman14 View Post
Twice. My gun dealer must see the value in transferring a few guns for his regular customers. Maybe he's a "non-profit" organization because he can usually beat the Bud's and other on-line dealer prices.. :-)

I bought one of these a few weeks ago for 430.00
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=41808

And I seen one of these for 479.00 the same day
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=56531
His prices are about the same as Bud's if you walk into Bud's off the street.The pricing on the website includes your shipping charges.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl View Post
His prices are about the same as Bud's if you walk into Bud's off the street.The pricing on the website includes your shipping charges.
Well.. That's some pretty good deceptive advertising they have going..
Old 03-31-2011, 09:07 PM

Sorry but I was mistaken.They've changed since I bought my last one from them.It's now says free shipping rather shipping included.When I bought my EMP they knocked off the shipping charge since I picked it up at store.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:04 PM

Well the issue, whatever it was, was resolved and I picked up my firearms just after lunch.

They gave me a whopping discount of $10 off one of the transfers. So, along with the $4 for the two background checks (even though they only make one call they charge $2 for each gun) .... And I had to pay $38.00 for the transfer for one pistol and $28.00 for the other pistol.

So the total was ..... (insert drum roll here) ..... $70.00 !!!!!!!! and that's w/o the tax! ..... R@T B@ST@RDS !!!!!!!!! ...... I feel like I've been raped !!!! (Almost)

The $70 almost totally negates the $100 off I got on the TRP from Olde English Outfitters for buying 2 guns.

Complete BS ..... but ..... "it is what it is" ..... as they say .....

They are both sweet handguns for sure ..... the triggers on both are extremely nice also ....

And the difference in weight is substantial .... the TRP is without a doubt a heavyweight as compared to the LWO .....

I have already gone to the Wilson Shop site and purchased a couple 8 rd mags ..... and new holsters will be in order too .... if I can ever make up my mind which ones to get .....

Anyway .... here they are (the pics suck but I'll get others out soon):

The TRP

The LWO

Both

I'm happy ..... but I will look around some for a cheaper transfer agent ......

"The loss of liberty anywhere is the loss of liberty everywhere."
Old 04-01-2011, 05:31 PM

Very nice!

Very nice! I like.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:46 PM

You will enjoy both the TRP and LW OP. I have since purchased a Micro Compact and love shooting them all. I will be in the Quantico area soon, can you give me an idea of the better shooting ranges in that area.

People get delayed all the time here in Michigan. They say it mostly deals with your name being close to someone else's. At least that's what they say...I have basically two last names so I haven't had a problem.

Enjoy and give us a range report.
USMC GySgt (Ret), NRA cert. firearm instructor, MDOC weapons instructor/armorer retired, Springfield 1911 TRP, Springfield Lightweight Operator, Glock 27, Ruger LCR, Ruger SP-101, Bushmaster M-4, Remington 870 magnum, Remington side by side 12g,. You must shoot straighter than your enemy, Semper Fi
Old 04-01-2011, 07:30 PM

Very sorry to hear this. I shot my TRP again today and it was great fun. When I bought my TM I timed it. From my house to SLC and back including background check, purchase, roaming the store a bit, all was 59 mintues and came home with TM in hand. Hope you clear soon.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dperezo View Post
Are you sure about the ffl fee for sharp shooters? Is this new? I paid in the $40s last year when i picked up a gun at the store.
Thanks for the post. I should have done better with mine! For Premium members it is $25.00. For non members it is $40.00 as you stated. From your posts I incorrectly assumed (ya I know) that you were a PM.

Sorry for the confusion my fault!!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc2537gunny View Post
You will enjoy both the TRP and LW OP. I have since purchased a Micro Compact and love shooting them all. I will be in the Quantico area soon, can you give me an idea of the better shooting ranges in that area.

People get delayed all the time here in Michigan. They say it mostly deals with your name being close to someone else's. At least that's what they say...I have basically two last names so I haven't had a problem.

Enjoy and give us a range report.
Well there is a range at the Marine Base in Quantico but you need to be a member or a guest of one I believe.

The Sharp Shooters gun shop & range is just up rte 95 north in Lorton (not far at all ... less than 10 minutes up 95) and there is the Blue Ridge Arsenal range which is in Chantilly, north of Quantico.

"The loss of liberty anywhere is the loss of liberty everywhere."
Old 04-02-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKC 911 View Post
Thanks for the post. I should have done better with mine! For Premium members it is $25.00. For non members it is $40.00 as you stated. From your posts I incorrectly assumed (ya I know) that you were a PM.

Sorry for the confusion my fault!!
I wish I was a premium member...maybe I could start shooting more frequently to justify the membership when I start reloading

To the OP, thanks for the update on 10-8...sucks about the double charge though. Guess I'll have to take my chances on the upcoming gun show and get the guns locally.

And beautiful Springers!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dperezo View Post
I wish I was a premium member...maybe I could start shooting more frequently to justify the membership when I start reloading

To the OP, thanks for the update on 10-8...sucks about the double charge though. Guess I'll have to take my chances on the upcoming gun show and get the guns locally.

And beautiful Springers!
It is well worth it if you shoot at least twice a month plus the discounts & 6 free passes.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:31 PM

Nice guns......

I feel for my fellow American shooters that have their rights stomped on. Glad I live in AZ, not as restricted......yet.