1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Colt

Old 03-30-2011, 06:53 PM

Brand New Colt New Agent TALO edition with UPGRADES

Hey, just wanted everyones opinion on the new colt carry build I'm working on. Its the new agent talo edition with the xs night sights system. So far I've switched thr grips for standard size wood grips, got a wilson drop in beavertail, cylinder and slide thumb safety, and sti trigger. All internals have been polished and fitted, and the trigger pull is super sweet, with no overtravel or slop in any direction. Just good clean crisp with a nice reset. I got the pistol about three weeks ago, and just got my parts in today. I haven't shot it yet, but am hoping I will make it to the range this weekend and will do the full range report thing. Looking for a few holster suggestions- both a shoulder holster and an iwb that i can wear small of back that sits nice n low. Also wondering if anyone would know where to find out what the sight cuts are? I am considering swapping out the xs sights for standard three dot tritium novaks or something. Anyone done this on a colt defender or new agent?

Heres some pics so you can see how everything fits so far etc...

Old 03-30-2011, 07:36 PM

Looks nice.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:38 AM

Aside from the bumpered mag sans magwell, I really like it!

I just like my mags to be flush...it's a personal taste.

"If you don't want the Chili to burn, stir it!" ~ Me
Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 AM

Very nice...always amazed when we go to the next level with these things
Old 03-31-2011, 10:50 AM

Question on the grip swap . . . .

Did you swap out the bushings also, or just change grips? I put some Officer's ACP checkered walnut grips with a Colt Medallion on mine, but noticed that the New Agent bushings were a bit smaller than the holes in the standard grips. The grips screws seem to work loose after a while allowing the grips to wobble around some. I don't know if this is likely to damage the bushings over time or not. If it were a steel frame I probably wouldn't give this a second thought. Nice job on your NA. It is the first Talo that I have seen. I was under the impression that they left the gutter sight grove and just added sights. Thank goodness I was mistaken. Tom
Old 03-31-2011, 11:51 AM

Bushings and mags

Yes i did change out the bushings, but only because i had some lying around. I have put full size grips on thin bushings before and haven't had a problem. Just don't overtighten. As far as the wilson mags go, I feel the same way. i would prefer a flush fitting mag, just everywhere I have looked online they have suggested these. If anyone knows a better brand, that has the nylon followers or something else that wont scratch my frame and will fit nice and flush--- let me know!!! If not I may just order the smaller base plates and be done with it.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:03 PM

I'm wanting to swap out the grip safety on my TALO NA also. Is that the commander sized WC drop in unit?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 PM

grip safety

Yes it is... got it from brownells for 35 or so if memory serves. Any holster recommendations??
Old 03-31-2011, 10:51 PM

Hey, natestracks...

I can't tell if yours is a 9mm or a .45, but I bought the 9mm Talo NA today. The grips on it are black, while the ones on the .45 are a reddish walnut color from pictures I have seen of the .45 model. You said you had taken the grips off...any interest in selling the stock grips? The ones on my 9mm are the same design, but they don't contrast as nicely as the reddish/walnut ones appear to do.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestracks View Post
Yes it is... got it from brownells for 35 or so if memory serves. Any holster recommendations??
Andrews Custom Leather.

Model is Saddle with tension screw. Can be made with a sight channel as well.

This is the Saddle with thumb break. (w/OACP)

*** In comparing the virtues of various calibers, using hollow point ammo: it is absolutely undeniable that, while a 9 mm or .40 S&W may or may not expand, a .45 will never shrink. ***
Old 04-01-2011, 06:10 AM

I think this Mags would look better and you still keep a good quality mag

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-Mag...info/47%2COXC/
Old 04-01-2011, 01:15 PM

Wilson mags

Yep, I just ordered a couple of the small baseplates... thats what I was actually meaning to order when I bought these mags. I think I just made an oversight. Good looking out tho!!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:46 AM

Night Sights?

Im also not too crazy about the sights it came with. Has anyone changed them out yet? What will work with the Talo?
Old 05-25-2011, 11:44 PM

I was wondering the same thing- does the XS 24/7 rear sight use a Novak sight cut? If so it would be pretty easy to throw on a 'better' rear sight...

Really wish the 9mm came with red instead of black grips!

Last edited by Dawg180; 05-25-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 AM

Colt New Agent Talo xs sights

I'm going to take my Talo to an experienced gun smith to put in a Wilson Combat drop in beavertail safety. I'll have him look at the sights also to see what sights sights are compatible. I have been shooting it a little more since my last post and am starting to like the XS sights a little more. They deffinately take some getting used to.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish1911 View Post
I'm going to take my Talo to an experienced gun smith to put in a Wilson Combat drop in beavertail safety. I'll have him look at the sights also to see what sights sights are compatible. I have been shooting it a little more since my last post and am starting to like the XS sights a little more. They deffinately take some getting used to.
Yes, please let us know- I am 99% sure it is a Novak sight cut based on everything I have research last night, but it would be nice to be 100%. Knowing that bit of info will determine if I go with the standard or the Talo model!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:46 AM

Talo Sights

Ill let you know in about 3 weeks to a month. The WC beavertail is on backorder, hopefully it comes in soon.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:40 AM

Just got my WC BT grip safety yesterday that was on backorder for a month. Went into the NA with minor fitting. Looks and works fine.

Gun Control Means Using Both Hands
Old 05-30-2011, 06:11 AM

I just ordered a Wilson Bt grip safety for my Talo New Agent after seeing your pictures. I wonder if it will drop in as advertised or will fitting be needed. I saw the posts here and on the product review on Brownell's and it appears that it is luck of the draw, as some have said they needed fitting and some said they did not.

Natetracks did you have to do any fitting to make the grip safety fit?