1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Sig Sauer

Old 02-19-2011, 01:39 AM

Sig 1911 Scorpion

I saw pictures of the new Sig 1911 Scorpion from SHOT show... anyone know the estimated release date for these? I love the look of it with the tan and those grips.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:52 AM

From what their rep told me at SHOT show, they were going into production immediately.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:51 PM

I am very interested in when the SIG TRADITIONAL 1911 are due to be at distributors.
"...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36
COTEP Member; CBOB0695
Old 03-02-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-lefty View Post
I am very interested in when the SIG TRADITIONAL 1911 are due to be at distributors.
You and me both.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolusIV View Post
You and me both.

"Traditional"... but with FCS...
Old 03-03-2011, 05:41 AM

Per my new SIG rep, my old one moved to international sales, he has no date he is confident in giving me for either model. Was on the phone with him on tuesday about this.
Since God is for you, who can ,succesfully , be against you! Romans 8:31
COTEP 0566
Old 04-07-2011, 06:34 PM

I run a gun shop in RI and I talked to my sales rep, and they have been shipping them for about 8 weeks now. If you dont have one on back order its about 8 week wait. Hope I may have helped anyone, I myself ordered one and I am interested to see how it compares to my kimbers.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:58 PM

Go over to the sig forum classifieds, there is a dealer there with them. He has all sig 1911 on sale this week. Good luck.

Cazio
Old 04-22-2011, 05:54 AM

Nice

I seen a new Scorpion yesterday at the LGS and was very impressed the fit a finish werte outstanding I really like the flat tigger the only thing I did not like was the ambi safety I guess Sig would install a strong side only safety for a FEE!!.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:27 AM

amazing 1911

First, Im new to 1911. I dont know why I waited so long to buy one, but this gun is rock solid. Shot over 500 rounds with no problem but lately had a few problems with the gun going into battery with 10 round wilson mags with 1 in the chamber and fte (fte-when I tested it with no mag inserted just a round in the chamber) both while using federal champion ammo. This is a problem cause I purchased 750 rounds online, guess i have to shoot it through my hk. With other brands of ammo the gun runs great( wwb, rem green, pmc, blazer brass, fed hallow point and bitter). overall love the gun, for 912 otd with tax I think I got a screaming deal. Shoots just as tight as my hk 45 tac and I would say it feels better then my xdm 9 in my hand. Overall this is a great gun, if anyone else has one please let me know if you had problems with the federal champion ammo. Thank
Old 07-06-2011, 01:11 AM

I picked up a Scorpion Saturday, put 400 through it Sunday without a hitch both Winchester 230, and federal 230. The thing weighs a ton which really smooths things out. Fit and finish is decent, accuracy is decent as well. Overall I am very pleased, finish is interesting, grips are awesome and like I said it's a shooter.

I dunno about the cheesy extra bits of crap in the slid, and the external extractor, but they don't get in my way really accept when cleaning. It will likely serve it's purpose asmamrange run very well.

So fwiw I think it's worth a B+. Really solid, accurate enough, and looks great. A value at $875 for sure.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:21 AM

Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911

Well, I was looking to buy a new 1911 before the end of the year, and with all of the choices there are out there, it was tough.I have owned many 1911's over the years, with my Colt Series 70 bright nickel still my favorite. But when I saw the Sig Scorpion (5" barrel), the search was all over. I paid 849.00 for it, plus 30.00 shipping and transfer fees. What a deal! I didn't get to shoot it for a few days because of the weather, but when I did, WOW! I also have a Colt Defender stainless 45acp that I use for conceal carry (3 inch), and let me tell you, the Sig not only had less recoil (quite a bit less), it was more accurate, and you just felt like this is the gun you have always been looking for. I read alot about it in magazines and online forums before my purchase, and everything I read was mostly true. But, it is better than advertised! This Sig, like all others that I have owned (226 & 229 Elite's), is extremely accurate, well balanced, and just a pleasure to shoot. I carried it in the deer woods, and had a monster buck just on the other side of an evergreen tree that I was sitting on the ground inside of. I was ready to blast him with my Scorpion, if he would have just walked out around my tree. But, he didn't, and just the thrill of the hunt with my Scorpion, made me anxious for next year. In case you are wondering if this was the only gun I was hunting with, no, I had my Remington Model 700 SS Limited .260 on my lap.
Anyone that is thinking of, or planning on buying a Sig Scorpion, you will not be disappointed. This gun is 42 oz of quality, with night sights, and some of the nicest grips I have ever seen, with a Piranha type texture, that not only looks good, but feels great too.The Cerakote finish is great for a sidearm that you plan on shooting and hunting with in all kinds of weather. It is kind of a Military green finish, that blends in well with the outdoors. Thats a plus to me also. Unless something unforseen happens, this may be one of the best overall guns I have ever bought. If not, you will hear from me again.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmerdude1127 View Post
I saw pictures of the new Sig 1911 Scorpion from SHOT show... anyone know the estimated release date for these? I love the look of it with the tan and those grips.
Shipping now range report link below

http://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341103
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor