1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Colt


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-28-2011, 08:42 AM
T.MAY T.MAY is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 947
Colt Anniversary Model 01911ANVIII





Anyone else seen one of these in their local gun store yet? This is S/N 101

Also, Has anyone heard about a 2 gun set consisting of the first 100 S/N's of each Anniversary gun?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2011, 10:18 AM
TaggAFG TaggAFG is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 174
I put a deposit down on one at my local gun shop back in September 2010, and contacted them in December on updates. They haven't heard anything on them at that time.

Hopefully soon.
__________________
Tagg

"Land of the Free because of the Brave"
"IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS WE MONITOR"
Life Member - NRA
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2011, 10:42 AM
pyunker45 pyunker45 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Carolina
Age: 59
Posts: 5,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAY View Post
Anyone else seen one of these in their local gun store yet? This is S/N 101

Also, Has anyone heard about a 2 gun set consisting of the first 100 S/N's of each Anniversary gun?
Does Ed and the buyer know you are flashing their piece around the internet?
__________________
I like
Colts
....Semper Fi
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-28-2011, 10:45 AM
den888 den888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,700
Nice Colt!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-28-2011, 02:31 PM
T.MAY T.MAY is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyunker45 View Post
Does Ed and the buyer know you are flashing their piece around the internet?
I was just trying to provide a public service to the Colt community by letting everyone know that they were finally shipping.... judging by the response to this post.....I would have to say that I grossly overestimated any interest in this version of Colt's Centennial offering.

Based on the amount of money I have given Ed over the years....I'm thinking he wouldn't care. Is it yours?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-28-2011, 06:11 PM
The Earl o Sammich The Earl o Sammich is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 3,671
I'll have to kick my FFL awake. Let him know they are out there.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-28-2011, 06:13 PM
dsk's Avatar
dsk dsk is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 43,589
Thanks, but I already have a standard O1918 with authentic rollmarks.
__________________
Try not to fall into the common trap of wanting to replace everything on your new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out, and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot it for at least 500 rounds, then decide what you don't like and want improved. Vintage 1911's should NEVER be refinished or modified because it ruins any value they had as a collectible firearm.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-29-2011, 06:57 AM
T.MAY T.MAY is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Thanks, but I already have a standard O1918 with authentic rollmarks.
I haven't seen this in person but I'm assuming that it has the same Black Oxide finish as the 01918 you speak of. Too bad they didn't choose to do this gun in the Carbonia Blue finish they used for the previous WW I repro 01911. I think that would have increased the interest substantially. IMO
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-29-2011, 08:43 AM
1saxman 1saxman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,053
The Colt site agrees, saying it's based on the 01918 finish. The 'step-up' version has 'Royal Blue'.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-29-2011, 08:54 AM
T.MAY T.MAY is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 947
OK...if this is the 01911ANVIII and the gold inlayed version is the 01911ANVII.

Is there a 01911ANVI ?
or are these two 01911ANVI I and 01911ANVI II?

Last edited by T.MAY; 01-29-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Nickpisp Nickpisp is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAY View Post
OK...if this is the 01911ANVIII and the gold inlayed version is the 01911ANVII.

Is there a 01911ANVI ?
or are these two 01911ANVI I and 01911ANVI II?
There was only 1 ANVI made.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-29-2011, 02:38 PM
OIF2 OIF2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Home for good, finally
Posts: 2,459
Nope- two were made. One donated, one placed in the Colt arms library.
Bob
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-29-2011, 08:48 PM
01911anviii 01911anviii is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
01911anvIII

Just curious if anyone knows what the differences are between the 01911anvIII and the 01911anvII? I just ordered what I thought was a 01911anvII and it appears they're sending me the III.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Nickpisp Nickpisp is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01911anviii View Post
Just curious if anyone knows what the differences are between the 01911anvIII and the 01911anvII? I just ordered what I thought was a 01911anvII and it appears they're sending me the III.
ANVIII is pictured above, ANVII has the gold engraving.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Nickpisp Nickpisp is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by OIF2 View Post
Nope- two were made. One donated, one placed in the Colt arms library.
Bob
That's not what their website says....

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Portals/0/pa...escription.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-29-2011, 11:26 PM
lazarus86 lazarus86 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 236
That is a gorgeous gun! I think my young but average eyes would have a trouble seeing those sights though!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-30-2011, 01:30 AM
pyunker45 pyunker45 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Carolina
Age: 59
Posts: 5,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAY View Post
I was just trying to provide a public service to the Colt community by letting everyone know that they were finally shipping.... judging by the response to this post.....I would have to say that I grossly overestimated any interest in this version of Colt's Centennial offering.

Based on the amount of money I have given Ed over the years....I'm thinking he wouldn't care. Is it yours?
No, I don't particularly care for it myself.
__________________
I like
Colts
....Semper Fi
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-30-2011, 07:21 AM
nosreme nosreme is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Somewhere else
Posts: 1,386
I think there's lots of interest in this gun

I have two of both the 01911 and 01918 and have the centennial on order. The dealer who has my order also has four others on order for people. The gun will sell out. Don't judge overall interest by the contrarian responses you get for doing a good deed online. I appreciate your update and am sure the many who plan to get the gun or are considering it, or just like to know about it similarly appreciate your post.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-30-2011, 09:30 AM
T.MAY T.MAY is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01911anviii View Post
Just curious if anyone knows what the differences are between the 01911anvIII and the 01911anvII? I just ordered what I thought was a 01911anvII and it appears they're sending me the III.
Yeah....about $1145.00... the II is $2295.00 and the III is $1150.00. They are only making 750 of the II's
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-30-2011, 09:38 AM
T.MAY T.MAY is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickpisp View Post
There was only 1 ANVI made.
Thanks Nick,

I saw that one before but didn't realize it was the ANVI.
I wonder if this one will bring more than the 2011 SHOT show gun?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-30-2011, 09:43 AM
T.MAY T.MAY is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
I have two of both the 01911 and 01918 and have the centennial on order. The dealer who has my order also has four others on order for people. The gun will sell out. Don't judge overall interest by the contrarian responses you get for doing a good deed online. I appreciate your update and am sure the many who plan to get the gun or are considering it, or just like to know about it similarly appreciate your post.
Thanks...many here have expressed disappointment in the Colt Centennial offerings but I agree....many will buy one.

I would love to find a 01911.......
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-30-2011, 11:12 AM
nosreme nosreme is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Somewhere else
Posts: 1,386
<< I would love to find a 01911... >>

The supply is dwindling but they do show up from time to time. Expand your search terms for online looking if you haven't already done so. About a year ago, I searched Auction Arms for a "Colt WWI," which I thought was pretty broad. Nothing showed up, but a seller had a perfect NIB one listed under "Colt WW1." I've noticed the same thing sometimes playing around on GB, GA, and AA. So, PITN as it is, you might strike gold, er, carbonia blue, if you do multiple searches, e.g., coupling "Colt" with WWI, WW I, WW1, WW 1, 01911, O1911, carbonia blue... I also noticed that a couple were incorrectly listed as WWI "commemorative" instead of "replica." One of the 01911s I bought was from a dealer (in Alaska) who, in an exchange of emails before I bid, didn't know there was a difference between the 01911 and 01918.

Last edited by nosreme; 01-30-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Nickpisp Nickpisp is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
<< I would love to find a 01911... >>

The supply is dwindling but they do show up from time to time. Expand your search terms for online looking if you haven't already done so. About a year ago, I searched Auction Arms for a "Colt WWI," which I thought was pretty broad. Nothing showed up, but a seller had a perfect NIB one listed under "Colt WW1." I've noticed the same thing sometimes playing around on GB, GA, and AA. So, PITN as it is, you might strike gold, er, carbonia blue, if you do multiple searches, e.g., coupling "Colt" with WWI, WW I, WW1, WW 1, 01911, O1911, carbonia blue... I also noticed that a couple were incorrectly listed as WWI "commemorative" instead of "replica." One of the 01911s I bought was from a dealer (in Alaska) who, in an exchange of emails before I bid, didn't know there was a difference between the 01911 and 01918.
Yup, they pop up from time to time on Gunbroker. I saw a NIB go recently for $1200, that's the cheapest I've seen.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Couch-Commando Couch-Commando is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12
Any idea how many are being made and what the price is?

I am turning 21 in July and am considering buying a Colt as my first handgun if I can save enough. As a Garand shooter, I have a deep appreciation for history and really like the looks of this model and the O1918. However, I seriously doubt I'll be able to spend more than 1000 dollars.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-30-2011, 02:25 PM
T.MAY T.MAY is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Commando View Post
Any idea how many are being made and what the price is?

I am turning 21 in July and am considering buying a Colt as my first handgun if I can save enough. As a Garand shooter, I have a deep appreciation for history and really like the looks of this model and the O1918. However, I seriously doubt I'll be able to spend more than 1000 dollars.
I assume you are talking about the Centennial pictured in the beginning of this thread.

Production is limited to orders placed by Nov 30. 2011. so they are easy to come by....order one. Price mentioned earlier in the post as $1150.00 MSRP.
$1000.00 should get you very close...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2011 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved