1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > Training Talk & Events

Old 01-17-2011, 03:30 PM

Southern Indiana, CCW tactical course recommendations

Any recommendations for CCW tactical courses in the Southern Indiana area would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

V/r
NDCS
A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. If he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer. - Chief's Mess
Old 01-17-2011, 04:07 PM

CCW or tactical? You can have both, but are you looking for CCW qualification training for Indiana or tactical training?

Tactical Defense Institute does see a lot of students from Indiana. They are located in Southern Ohio.

www.tdiohio.com

Regards,
Greyson
Old 01-17-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
CCW or tactical? You can have both, but are you looking for CCW qualification training for Indiana or tactical training?

Tactical Defense Institute does see a lot of students from Indiana. They are located in Southern Ohio.

www.tdiohio.com

Regards,
Greyson
Thanks, I will look into them. I already have CCW lifetime permit (yay Indiana). I am a 22 year gun owner and have been carrying for just over a year on a daily basis. I have maintained basic small arms proficiency through 20 years in the Navy, but as Navy Hard Hat Divers, our training was basic getting rounds down range type of stuff.

I am looking for a CCW Self Defense course with training focused on threat nullification scenarios.

Thanks again.

V/r
NDCS
A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. If he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer. - Chief's Mess
Old 01-17-2011, 05:44 PM

Sounds like TDI will have what you are looking for.

Regards,
Greyson
Old 01-17-2011, 07:37 PM

NDCS, I suggest you train with Ziva. Sorry, could not resist. If you go to the Indiana gun forum, you can do a search for in state courses.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyal View Post
NDCS, I suggest you train with Ziva. Sorry, could not resist. If you go to the Indiana gun forum, you can do a search for in state courses.
Ziva???

INgunowners.com? I have read posts there but have not joined yet. Thanks for the tip.

V/r
NDCS
Old 01-17-2011, 11:10 PM

Also check w/Sheriff Ken Campbell of Boone Co. He hosts several classes each year taught by himself and other teachers like Louis Awerbuck etc.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:13 AM

I thought your NDCS was a play on NCIS, the TV show where Ziva, an attractive young woman, is a former Massad agent and now a US NCIS agent. send me a PM about one of the courses you could attend if you wish.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 AM
Average Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfighter45 View Post
Also check w/Sheriff Ken Campbell of Boone Co. He hosts several classes each year taught by himself and other teachers like Louis Awerbuck etc.
Sheriff Campbell is an accomplished trainer in his own right, but he also brings a variety of top tier trainers to his site.
Highly recommended.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:21 PM

Anybody have contact information for Sheriff Campbell or his training site?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:57 AM

Boone County, IN Contact

Go to the Awerbuck/YFA website at http://www.yfainc.com/schedule.html to see the dates for IN in August. Right now the contact is through the YFA information at [email protected] or (928) 772-8262.

Normally there will be local contact information as well that may be forthcoming in the future. If you live in IN this is a good way to get the training for what you want.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:07 AM

PM sent
NRA Life Member