1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Remington

Old 11-27-2010, 01:59 PM

Remington R1 Night Sights

Who has put Tritium Sights in their R1? Fixed or adjustable? Can you provide brand and part numbers? Thank you very much for your effort.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:41 PM

The Remington website FAQ page says that the R1 has novak cuts, so finding a set of sights shouldn't be too difficult. But if you want an adjustable rear you'll probably have to have the slide machined. I've been contemplating an R1 myself.

http://www.1911r1.com/pages/FAQs.aspx
Old 11-29-2010, 01:11 PM

remington says that they take standard novak cut sights. they do not. i just got burned with that. i THINK they take the 330x65 Original GI cut, but i wont know till i give it a try. the standard novak is .495 cut, way too large for the Rem. its a mess, and i called remington and they were no help. i called novak and they were helpfull. they claimed that the Rem sights were made by amscor and were the same as the rock island and dan wesson. i have not confirmed that. brownells were the ones that told me they used the standard GI 330x65. hopefully, i will have the answer soon.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounds2 View Post
remington says that they take standard novak cut sights. they do not. i just got burned with that. i THINK they take the 330x65 Original GI cut, but i wont know till i give it a try. the standard novak is .495 cut, way too large for the Rem. its a mess, and i called remington and they were no help. i called novak and they were helpfull. they claimed that the Rem sights were made by amscor and were the same as the rock island and dan wesson. i have not confirmed that. brownells were the ones that told me they used the standard GI 330x65. hopefully, i will have the answer soon.
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=293278
Old 11-29-2010, 01:30 PM

yep i see that. i really want an adj sight. i am still on the prowl for one.
thanks

scott
Old 11-29-2010, 01:39 PM

adjustable lok funny unless you get the slide cut for them.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:43 PM

where did you find an adj. or did you just photoshop one on. my R1 shoots low. i can file the front site but i dont want to. i would rather have an adjustable site that i can work with. i am not going to spend a fortune though, its not worth that much to me. before i go to the extent of cutting a different dovetail i will trade guns. although i love my r1.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:07 PM

http://www.galatiinternational.com/

you can also try Kensight (Champion) they make a lot of the sights used on 1911's (Ed Brown and Les Baer use them).

http://stores.kensight.com/StoreFront.bok

the Nowlin's Lowrider sight might be able to work with a little fitting

http://store.nowlinguns.com/merchant...Category_Code=
Old 11-29-2010, 02:20 PM

i will check these out....thanks

scott
Old 04-09-2012, 03:03 PM

I called Remington about my R1 shooting low. Was advised that the R1 enhanced has a different dovetail cut so can not use the adj. sight from that puppy.
However! Remington is sending me two front sights that are lower than the one on my pistol. I believe that they have my fix. You guys that are shooting low with your R1 my want to check this out. I will try to remember to check back with the results.

P.S. This is my first 1911, and I love it.