1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Colt1911 Shooter Colt1911 Shooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 127
Colt/Umarex .22 Pistol




Anyone going to get one of these? I might be interested in the rail version but I am going to wait and see some reviews first.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 AM
DAT85 DAT85 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cincinnasty Ohio
Posts: 2,126
My shop no longer handles Colt/Umarex products because of the dismal luck we had with their .22 M4 rifles.
I hope Colt realizes license of name to an airsoft manufacturer may NOT do their reputation a whole lot of good! If they don't get their QC together,that complete product line will fail.

If I was in the market for a .22 1911,I would look elsewhere.

Just my .02
DAT85
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Colt1911 Shooter Colt1911 Shooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 127
It looks like everyone here likes the GSG-1911. Why no all aluminum frame and slide? Maybe I'm wrong but the slide on the GSG felt like plastic to me
__________________
Colt Series 70 Government .45 /Colt Series 80 Government .45 /HK USP 9mm /S&W model 19-3 6" .357
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-03-2010, 10:35 AM
steel609 steel609 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT85 View Post
My shop no longer handles Colt/Umarex products because of the dismal luck we had with their .22 M4 rifles.
I hope Colt realizes license of name to an airsoft manufacturer may NOT do their reputation a whole lot of good! If they don't get their QC together,that complete product line will fail.

If I was in the market for a .22 1911,I would look elsewhere.

Just my .02
DAT85
My Colt/Umarex has been 100% relaible from the start. Maybe I got lucky, but I love it even compared to my S&W 15-22 and a GSG5.

I don't see why a Colt/Umarex would be any better or worse than the ATI/GSG 1911, which I have 2 of and enjoy greatly as well.
__________________
Proud NRA Member
Protect your rights, join the NRA today.
http://www.nra.org
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-03-2010, 11:50 AM
DAT85 DAT85 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cincinnasty Ohio
Posts: 2,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel609 View Post
My Colt/Umarex has been 100% relaible from the start. Maybe I got lucky, but I love it even compared to my S&W 15-22 and a GSG5.

I don't see why a Colt/Umarex would be any better or worse than the ATI/GSG 1911, which I have 2 of and enjoy greatly as well.
We received 6 Colt M4 .22's when they first came out.
All 6 have been returned to Colt for various reasons(FTE,FTF,cracked stock when received from distributor etc) We won't stock them if we can get S&W M&P 15-22's that work
And it's not just my shop either.
There was a dealer on GUNBROKER who got so frustrated with his experience with the customer service as well as the rifles themselves that he listed them for sale as"tomato stakes" with pics of the rifles stuck in the dirt bbl first!
But,if you like them and they work for you,good on ya!

Just my .02

DAT85
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2010, 10:06 AM
gglass gglass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 187
Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong but the slide on the GSG felt like plastic to me
I'll take "You are wrong" for $100 Alex.
__________________
"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-05-2010, 07:40 AM
shootsenmeister shootsenmeister is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 109
I would like to know more about these Colt 1911 22s when they come out too. I wonder how they compare to GSG 1911s?

http://www.colt22rimfire.com/index.php?page=colt-1911

According to the web site these pistols should sell for around $400-$450. The magazine holds 12 rounds and they should be on the market next month

Tagged for farther info
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2010, 04:28 PM
ATI_Christopher ATI_Christopher is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 15
The slide on the GSG 1911 is an aluminum alloy. The frame is a HTS zinc alloy.

So you are all aware, regarding the alloy frame, it has a melting point of over 800 degrees F but under 900 degrees F, so for those of you in IL, SC & HI with 800 degree melting point laws, you're in the clear. For those of you in MA, no luck as MA is 900 degrees. Same for MN, 1000 degree law there, no dice on the GSG in your state.

CA......we're in DOJ testing now, we'll probably know by spring if they'll put it on the roster. We're working on it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Golly Gee Golly Gee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,186
Quote: "The slide on the GSG 1911 is an aluminum alloy. The frame is a HTS zinc alloy."

That's same as the Chiappa & sells for $100 more??
__________________
Think green------Recycle Congress!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-13-2010, 08:09 PM
fan45 fan45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly Gee View Post
Quote: "The slide on the GSG 1911 is an aluminum alloy. The frame is a HTS zinc alloy."

That's same as the Chiappa & sells for $100 more??
I most places it's only about $60 more and it's allot nicer gun than the Chiappa and about 80% true 1911. I've compared and shot both and it's well worth the extra $. I passed on the Chiappa which in a shop near me was $300! My GSG was only $320 and allot nicer gun for the $20! Even if it had been $100 more I still would have paid the extra for it IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Golly Gee Golly Gee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan45 View Post
I most places it's only about $60 more and it's allot nicer gun than the Chiappa and about 80% true 1911. I've compared and shot both and it's well worth the extra $. I passed on the Chiappa which in a shop near me was $300! My GSG was only $320 and allot nicer gun for the $20! Even if it had been $100 more I still would have paid the extra for it IMO.
I guess the area makes a difference. No GSGs around here for me to price or handle, even at the gunshows. One dealer offered to order it for me for $375, but I'm not going to order one, sight unseen. Guess I read a bogus report that it was steel & I'm glad I found out different. The Chiappas that I have seen are priced at $270 or so. I've read several comments that the GSG is nicer, but until I see it for myself, I'm not gonna pay the difference. Will get a .22 conversion for my 1911s before doing that.
__________________
Think green------Recycle Congress!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-13-2010, 10:12 PM
gglass gglass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly Gee View Post
I guess the area makes a difference. No GSGs around here for me to price or handle, even at the gunshows. One dealer offered to order it for me for $375, but I'm not going to order one, sight unseen. Guess I read a bogus report that it was steel & I'm glad I found out different. The Chiappas that I have seen are priced at $270 or so. I've read several comments that the GSG is nicer, but until I see it for myself, I'm not gonna pay the difference. Will get a .22 conversion for my 1911s before doing that.
Any dealer who would charge you more than the pistol's MSRP ($359.95) is robbing you. I bought my GSG1911 for $329. and I will be picking up my son's GSG1911 for $305 this weekend. (My son is stationed overseas.)

The GSG1911 does cost $25 to $35 more than the Chiappa, but it is far more pistol for the money. Anyone who compares the two side-by-side would have to come to the same conclusion. After inspecting a Chiappa, I walked away with the feeling that I just held an Airsoft pistol rather than a real handgun.
__________________
"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-14-2010, 12:58 PM
fan45 fan45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 149
Here is a side by side comparison with Pics that was done awhile ago on this site. Personally I would give the GSG the advantage in price as well as it is allot more gun for the money and that should have been taken into consideration when evaluating the price factor. http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=277607
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-11-2011, 03:25 PM
fan45 fan45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 149
Just an FYI: I enquired by email to UmarexUSA as to when this .22 Colt 1911 was going to come out as it was supposed to be available in November. I have been anticipating it and really would like to check it out. I got a reply from Anna Dalton and this is what was in the context of the response:

The 1911 will be available to our distributors around the middle/last part of February. As of now it is too early to know who will stock the 1911 for sure but a list is provided below of who we expect will. We do not sell direct, we sell through distribution, meaning dealers will purchase through their distributors and we do not track sales to that level. Please encourage your firearm dealer to contact his/her distributor to inquire about purchasing the Colt line of .22’s.


Distributors:
RSR
Bill Hick's
Ellett
Sports South
AcuSport
Zanders
Davidson's
VF Grace (Alaska)
Big Rock (Henry's)
Big Rock (MT)
JSC
Dealers:
Academy
Gander
Big 5
Cabela’s
Bass Pro
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2011 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved