1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > General Gun Discussion

Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM

Sti Trojan 9mm vs Dan Wesson Pointman 9

I know that Dan Wesson had discontinued the Pointman 9 however the Pointman 9 is what I have wanted to purchase the last couple of years but was not able to locate one. Now that they are discontinued locating one will be more challenging and if I find one I am afraid of what the price will be. Detailed information about the types of parts STI uses is limited however I have always heard about their quality. How would these two compare fit, function, accuracy, trigger pull, and quality of parts used. I would appreciate any imput you could offer to help my evaluation. Thank you.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:25 PM

No experience with the STI, but the PM9 is worth looking into. If you can find one.

Once broken in, mine is very smooth, and reliable. I did add a S&A magwell. The trigger is quite nice. Very accurate. They only thing I would consider, is maybe replacing the fibre optic front sight with a gold bead.

I really can't figure out why they stopped making them. And, I don't think I've seen one for sale in maybe 8 or more months.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:50 PM

I don't have a PM9, but I do have a Valor and a CBOB so I think I can attest to the Dan Wesson quality.

That said, I currently have 3 STIs, one of them being a Trojan 9mm. STI makes a high quality pistol. I am quite certain they manufacture their own parts.

I wouldn't rate the Trojan quite as high as I would my Dan Wessons, but it is pretty darn close.

My 9mm Trojan is extremely accurate and fun to shoot. I highly recommend one.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 AM

saw a pointman nine

There is a Pointman Nine currently for sale on Gunsamerica see

http://www.gunsamerica.com/982194558...stom_match.htm
Old 10-22-2011, 03:36 PM

He certainly is proud of that baby! Wilson combat makes a 9, it is a 16 + 1 polymer framed 29 oz. Gun for $2195.00. Maybe you should check them out. You could also buy a 9mm Colt Commander and have $1500.00 worth of customizing done to it for that kind of money.

Last edited by Johnny handgun; 10-22-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
He certainly is proud of that baby! Wilson combat makes a 9, it is a 16 + 1 polymer framed 29 oz. Gun for $2195.00. Maybe you should check them out. You could also buy a 9mm Colt Commander and have $1500.00 worth of customizing done to it for that kind of money.
You are right, the new price should be around $1200.