1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 01-19-2012, 09:02 PM

Well, if the screws they send me work, wouldn't that be a sign that the screw was the source of the original problem and not the barrel?

If the new screws cannot lock, then wouldn't that mean my barrel is the source of the issue, which would mean ATI would swap that out instead... seeing the firearm is only 2 months old
Old 01-19-2012, 09:31 PM

I have been trying to get someone from ATI

Concerning my titan .45 SS noone . I ordered a slide stop and a set of grip screws back in august 2011 since then i have called and emailed and i am not getting no responce would someone please from ati look into this for me.. you can PM me here to contact me thank you ziggydust67 (SHERRI)
Old 01-19-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggydust67 View Post
Concerning my titan .45 SS noone . I ordered a slide stop and a set of grip screws back in august 2011 since then i have called and emailed and i am not getting no responce would someone please from ati look into this for me.. you can PM me here to contact me thank you ziggydust67 (SHERRI)
ATI has left the building and this is a gas 1911/22 thread
Old 01-19-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggydust67 View Post
Concerning my titan .45 SS no one . I ordered a slide stop and a set of grip screws back in august 2011 since then i have called and emailed and i am not getting no response would someone please from ati look into this for me.. you can PM me here to contact me thank you ziggydust67 (SHERRI)
Guys (Girl?) please there is no one from ATI actively watching this thread; the OP Chris joined in Aug 11 made a total of 15 post and has not been back since.

As to the Slide Stop and especially the Grip Screws they can be purchased from 100's of suppliers.....
Old 01-19-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx5000 View Post
Well, if the screws they send me work, wouldn't that be a sign that the screw was the source of the original problem and not the barrel?

If the new screws cannot lock, then wouldn't that mean my barrel is the source of the issue, which would mean ATI would swap that out instead... seeing the firearm is only 2 months old
Not to sound rude but......

Why would you want to wait 10 plus days to find out that a .08 cent screw is or is not the answer?

Can you back the screw out? Often when the threads fail on any devise you can not get the screw to back out; it will simply turn in place.

If it is just the screw you can go to your nearest ACE hardware store or FASTENAL and get a 3 mm x .5 pitch metric screw of suitable length and be back in shooting order in a matter of minutes.

If it is the barrel then you can contact ATI now verse then and get a replacement coming.

Or check with some of your local Machine Shops (not gun stores) to see if one of them will install a Heilcoil in the stripped barrel lug and you will never have to worry about this happening again.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:15 PM

T Cro

Not rude at all, I always appreciate any feedback.

My schedule the next week is going to keep me from the range so i'm not worried about the wait, and I'm picking up my RIA 9mm 1911 in a few days as well so i'll still have something to shoot.

I can screw the screw in and out but when its in fully, it keeps spinning and doesn't stop.

the ATI CS rep i spoke with assured me the replacement screw will fix all issues...

But if i can get some free time I may find myself running to a hardware store and picking up... you said a 3mm x .5 pitch metric screw?

I'll try calling ATI and explaining the situation in more detail and see what they say.

any other opinions now knowing the pin goes in and out, and spins when in fully?

Cheers
Old 01-19-2012, 11:48 PM

Pull the screw and inspect under a magnifier glass if needed to see if the threads are damaged.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:56 PM

Thanks

Will do!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI_Christopher View Post
Hello,

I'm Christopher from American Tactical Imports. I figured I'd go to where the experts are for the particular design and I see stuff about our guns all over the place.

The GSG 1911 and FX 1911 series are the first 1911 style guns we've dealt with, so we're definately interested in all of your feedback.

Thanks!

I just bought the ATI FX .45 Thunderbolt and I have to say for the money I think it just landed best value 1911 on the market! It's great however, there is one thing I have noticed that needs to be changed from the factory though. I've seen this complaint from others as well so it's not just on this weapon. The AMBIDEXTROUS SAFETY is to easy to engague and disengague. Besides that it's the best value 1911 out there imo, I have a feeling the sales for this pistol in the next two years will be way more than expected.

Thanks and I hope you have a great day!

Last edited by Tactical MP; 01-31-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical MP View Post
I just bought the ATI FX .45 Thunderbolt and I have to say for the money I think it just landed best value 1911 on the market! It's great however, there is one thing I have noticed that needs to be changed from the factory though. I've seen this complaint from others as well so it's not just on this weapon. The AMBIDEXTROUS SAFETY is to easy to engague and disengague. Besides that it's the best value 1911 out there imo, I have a feeling the sales for this pistol in the next two years will be way more than expected.

Thanks and I hope you have a great day!
This is a gsg 1911/22 thread. There are threads for your pistol below.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeorge View Post
This is a gsg 1911/22 thread. There are threads for your pistol below.
Sorry I might have had to many tabs open and got confused.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:03 AM

Didn't really read through all the posts so not sure if anyone else asked but is there any possibility they will make a non-ambi safety?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:46 AM

I doubt they will. They already have the tooling for the molds.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviratcliff View Post
Didn't really read through all the posts so not sure if anyone else asked but is there any possibility they will make a non-ambi safety?
Just buy an after market one, they will all work.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:48 AM

I bought a colt one and it didnt get a real positive clicking from safe to fire so i just ended up grinding down the stock onei got with the stock one
Old 02-03-2012, 03:58 AM

Old 02-03-2012, 12:29 PM

I love my GSG 1911
Old 02-12-2012, 04:33 PM

Well that was three days of reading to get to this point. I just purchased a used GSG 1911-22. I pick it up on Saturday if the State Police here in MD find me fit. I didn't know about the issues when I went to look at the gun, but I will definitely be checking the gun out for what parts it comes with before shooting it. I suspect I will be getting one of the third party guide rods listed here, and some of the fancy followers that allow for 14 rounds.

You guys have done some amazing R&D work here on this forum.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:53 AM

I'be been looking into a 1911 for some time now. Very interested in The Titan model http://www.americantactical.us/1522/detail.html very curious as to what some of the people to say about it good or bad.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
I'be been looking into a 1911 for some time now. Very interested in The Titan model http://www.americantactical.us/1522/detail.html very curious as to what some of the people to say about it good or bad.
This is a GSG 1911-22 thread; please go back to the "Other 1911s" sub-forum to find several active and/or old threads specifically about the ATI Titan. You will be much better served posting and/or reading in the right threads.

BTW I have a Titan and love the little monster but I've thus far only got sub 200 rounds through it.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothinghead View Post
Well that was three days of reading to get to this point. I just purchased a used GSG 1911-22. I pick it up on Saturday if the State Police here in MD find me fit. I didn't know about the issues when I went to look at the gun, but I will definitely be checking the gun out for what parts it comes with before shooting it. I suspect I will be getting one of the third party guide rods listed here, and some of the fancy followers that allow for 14 rounds.

You guys have done some amazing R&D work here on this forum.
I'm with you,I. Was hoping by the time I got to page 29 I would be reading that all the bushing, guide rod, slide lock preening, barrel screw stripping issues would be solved. Well come Monday when my 100th anniversary edition arrives at my local shop that all will be well. It does look like I should be able to go to the want ads for any after market parts I may need.
Bud
Old 02-19-2012, 01:32 PM

GSG 100th anniversary edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBud View Post
I'm with you,I. Was hoping by the time I got to page 29 I would be reading that all the bushing, guide rod, slide lock preening, barrel screw stripping issues would be solved. Well come Monday when my 100th anniversary edition arrives at my local shop that all will be well. It does look like I should be able to go to the want ads for any after market parts I may need.
Bud
If it makes you feel better I also read all 29 pages and it seems all the issues have been resolved and some may be consumer related issues, ie clean barrel block threaded screw hole first befor you use locktite and the screw on my anniversary ed has never worked loose, the spring plunger and rod all have been changed from the first models. my spring is the same .25 on both ends not the tapered spring , the buffer washer has been changed to a collet approx 1/4 inch long and the spring plunger is flat on top , not totally round as the first ones were. all in all i have 3K rounds through mine and not one problem, not even the slide notch getting beat up.

Last edited by deserthobbies; 02-19-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-19-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserthobbies View Post
If it makes you feel better I also read all 29 pages and it seems all the issues have been resolved and some may be consumer related issues, ie clean barrel block threaded screw hole first befor you use locktite and the screw on my anniversary ed has never worked loose, the spring plunger and rod all have been changed from the first models. buy spring is the same .25 on both ends not the tapered spring , the buffer washer has been changed to a collet approx 1/4 inch long and the spring plunger is flat on top , not totally round as the first ones were. all in all i have 3K rounds through mine and not one problem, not even the slide notch getting beat up.
That is really great news, if Fed-Ex doesn't shut down for Presidents day I should be receiving mine tomorrow. I'll post again after a range trip, I think this gun deserves some good reports, I hope I can be the one to spread some. Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:59 PM

FWIW I use dielectric clear silicone grease on the slide and spring rod, hopps #9 gun oil on all other moving parts
Old 02-19-2012, 08:16 PM

Hi

I am new to this club I am buying a 1911 gsg 22mm black gerg is it a good gun to get