1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > STI/SVI

Old 05-30-2010, 08:07 PM

STI Elektra

Well I had been wating on my local gun store (shooter staion Conroe, TX) to get in Elektra in pink for my wife. Does anyone have one or better yet shot 1?
Old 06-03-2010, 07:39 PM

I own one in black. Great for carry and comfortable to shoot. My girlfriend steals it to shoot all the time. I put 100 rounds through it the first time out and it fired flawlessly with Golden Sabres.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:26 PM

Just bought the pink one at shooters station in Conroe for my wife. Shot 100 rds and there were a few malfunctions. The magazine seems cheap and the angle doesn't look right. Bought a Kimber 9mm mag and will try that next time.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXdefender View Post
Just bought the pink one at shooters station in Conroe for my wife. Shot 100 rds and there were a few malfunctions. The magazine seems cheap and the angle doesn't look right. Bought a Kimber 9mm mag and will try that next time.
We took it out with a Kimber mag & it ran flawless! I called STI & they said to send the mag back to them & they'll replace it. He also told me to try Tripp mags in it. I asked about the paint (worried I'll damage it when cleaning) & they said it's KG Gun Kote & as long as I don't use an abrasive cleaner it will be ok.

OP: It shoots like a dream! He got me the 9mm (45 wasn't in stock). Recoil is not bad at all & it's pretty dang accurate. By far my best gun. I sold my Kimber to help offset the cost of the STI & I think that's the smartest move I've ever made. (I hope I didn't snatch up the one you were waiting on)

Last edited by pepperlee; 06-20-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:21 PM

Oh it's nice. I'd carry it, but it's pink...
Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Small world... I put 1 on layaway for my wife at shooter station. We've been waiting a while now I hoped to have for her back in April but it didn't make till about 5 weeks ago. Now it's gonna be a great X-MAX gift.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:49 PM

I've almost talked myself into getting a 9mm Elektra with black grips as my next pistol. A like a little bling every now and then.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaso View Post
Small world... I put 1 on layaway for my wife at shooter station. We've been waiting a while now I hoped to have for her back in April but it didn't make till about 5 weeks ago. Now it's gonna be a great X-MAX gift.
I hope she loves it. It's by far my favorite pistol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyJim View Post
I've almost talked myself into getting a 9mm Elektra with black grips as my next pistol. A like a little bling every now and then.
A little bling is a good think lol. I was shocked at how many guys are impressed with the look of this gun. Even in pink
Old 06-29-2010, 06:47 PM

curious... what'd you have to give for it?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:13 PM

I should have clarified also that mine is in .45. No feed problems so far!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:35 PM

The only thing that sucks about this STI ELEKTRA is that my wife will have a STI befor I will
Old 06-29-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Oh it's nice. I'd carry it, but it's pink...

Pink might be funny to the perp.......... 'til he sees the ball of fire jump off the end of the girlie pank gun right about the time of the thump...... and lights out.

I think it is a beaut. Set of grips and some abrasive cleaner to expedite the removal of the pink lettering and good to go if you got stuck with one in a trade and couldn't move it.

Yep, I know they are available in black, too.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemmert View Post
curious... What'd you have to give for it?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaso View Post
The only thing that sucks about this STI ELEKTRA is that my wife will have a STI befor I will
I'm the first STI owner in our house Of course hubby has his Wilson collection. Let the wife have a nice gun. I'm sure she'll be very happy.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperlee View Post
Not too bad
Old 04-08-2014, 09:04 AM

STI Electra

I have several other STI 1911's and they are all great! EVERY Range Review and Forum report about the Electra says that it's a fantastic weapon. My daughter is about to graduate for Texas A&M and this will be her surprise graduation present in 9mm and Pink!