1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 03-25-2010, 08:05 PM

Dawson Para Magwell

Posted this on Gunsmithing forum and got nothing, thought you guys might have an answer for me.

Is this a normal looking Dawson Para magwell? I have tried it on two pistols and the MSH holes do not line up. My take on it is that the milling looks incomplete. Those two scalloped portions to the rear seem to be exactly the height that I'm off on my pin holes. This is the second one that I got from Brownells that looks like this and doesn't fit, but I find it hard to believe that two of my pistols have the MSH pin holes drilled improperly. Any input would be welcomed. Thanks.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:19 PM

From Dawson website (just wanted to be sure it wasn't a "gunsmith fit" item...):

"Slide it on and tap in the new magwell pin that comes with your new DP Magwell. Sounds simple? It really is."

Hmm....I think I would call Dawson after the second one.

The one on their website shows similar machine work but maybe it isn't as deep?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:35 AM

I also had issues while trying to seat my mag well from Dawson. I mean it took a while but I finally figured out it was the after market mainspring housing that was giving me the head ache.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:46 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. Can't be the MSH because I removed them on both pistols that I tried it on. I just tried it on a third Para and holes still don't line up. I'm really leaning against assuming that all 3 MSH pin holes are off and I'm pretty sure that my ameteur gunsmithing skills are not that bad. I sent Dawson's an e-mail a couple days ago but no response yet.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winder View Post
Thanks for the responses guys. Can't be the MSH because I removed them on both pistols that I tried it on. I just tried it on a third Para and holes still don't line up. I'm really leaning against assuming that all 3 MSH pin holes are off and I'm pretty sure that my ameteur gunsmithing skills are not that bad. I sent Dawson's an e-mail a couple days ago but no response yet.

I have a Dawson mag well that i removed from a P18 I just came across, I really don't need it. If you're interested Shoot me an Email and ill send you the mag-well to see if it fits your Para. [email protected]. If it fits merry Christmas or Happy birthday or what ever. Its yours to have