1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 12-24-2009, 06:27 PM

RIA Officer's Model?

Can't seem to find the RIA Officer's model, the one that accepts standard 1911 mags but has a 4' barrel. Do these go bit more than regular RIAs?
Old 12-24-2009, 06:58 PM

The Armscor 'Officers' have a 3.5" barrel and while they will accept the Full Size magazine, they will stick out - not flush.

All Armscor models (RIA, High Standard and Citadel) accept the Officer magazines. Armscor ships them with Novak 7 rd officer size mag - and they are not flush fit and they will not fit in a full size or Commander size gun.

They seem to come in 3 'models': GI (iron sights, no beaver tail, GI Hammer and single thumb safety), Tactical (Noval style sights, LW hammer, beaver tail grip safety and either single or ambi safety) and the 3rd is with GI sights, Beaver tail grip safety, LW hammer & single thumb safety.

Sarco, Buds, Gun Broker and a place in KY thats name escapes me right now always seem to have them in stock.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:12 PM

I think I was confused between Officers' and Commander model. I was talking about the one that fits the standard 1911 mag flush
Old 12-24-2009, 07:34 PM

Location: West Virginia, surrounded by good folk. Still trying to figure out the rebel flag deal in a state that fought for the Union LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer219 View Post
I think I was confused between Officers' and Commander model. I was talking about the one that fits the standard 1911 mag flush
Your talking about their commanders model or as RIA names them, the 1911MS (MS for mid size).

I was lucky and found one. Sweet shooter and has been problem free. Personally I find it a tad more accurate than my Citadel fullsize.

Good luck, if you find one you won't be dissappointed.

Regards,
"Only two things in this world keeps a chickens ass off the ground and its not wings"
Old 12-24-2009, 07:41 PM

Armscor calls that a MS (medium size I assume) and it should be a 4.25" Bbl.

I've never seen one in a local area gunshop. Maybe Sarco, Centerfire Systems or Bud's have one or can find one.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPO View Post
Armscor calls that a MS (medium size I assume) and it should be a 4.25" Bbl.

I've never seen one in a local area gunshop. Maybe Sarco, Centerfire Systems or Bud's have one or can find one.
A 4.25" in most circles. RIA, however, IS a true 4" bbl. I deal with Bellshire Guns on GB. If any are to be found, Phil will take care of you at fair prices.

"Sometimes I wonder if our government is run by imbiciles or if they really believe what they tell us!"