1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 10-16-2009, 06:53 PM

Rock Island Armory 1911-A1 FS Question

Hello there, I've registered to ask a particular question of which you guys might be able to help me out on. I'm a very very small game designer, and while my games aren't much I try to do it some honour at least by including the right information about the content I use, and in this case it is guns. It is about the Rock Island Armory 1911-A1 FS, produced in the Philippines.

Wikipedia says this about RIA 1911 series:

Quote:
They are designed and manufactured by Armscor in Marikina City, Philippines,[1] and distributed in the United States by Armscor USA, located in Pahrump, Nevada.[2]
But what I'd like to know, and which several google attempts have left me guessing is: what year did they start producing the A1 FS model? Or failing that, what is the earliest year you know that the A1 FS model was produced. I don't know whether its related or just an irony but it says Armscor began in the year 1911 but I know absolutely nothing about gun manufacturers.

I might have some other questions relating to other guns if it isn't a pain, I'm from the UK and hold no particular interest in owning a gun myself, but I am a military history enthusiast so I do know a little (just not very much) about modern guns.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:13 PM

Ok I got another one, same question, different make and manufacturer!

BUL Transmark, Israeli, have a 1911 clone called the BUL M-5, interested in first year of production, I've looked around and I think its 1993 is that right (BUL LTD's website says 15 years ago on a page last modified in 2008)?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:10 PM

both are very interesting questions. I would call Ivan Walcott regarding the Armscor question

Ivan J. Walcott
Sales Manager
Armscor Precision/Advanced Tactical
150 N Smart Way
Pahrump, NV 89060
Phone 775-537-1444

The Bul 1911 government - commander and Ultra are distributed under the Charles Daly brand - so I would suggest giving them a call about the dates for the Bul
"...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36
COTEP Member; CBOB0695
Old 10-17-2009, 01:45 PM

This unique Israeli pistol is made from a fibre reinforced polymer material, with a stainless steel insert that carries all the major components. These parts, moulded together cannot be dissembled or come apart. This frame houses all calibres without modification, lending itself to multi calibre applications.

Over the past three years BUL has integrated in to its line, designer Chip McCormick slides, barrels and inner parts. These parts are world renowned as the very best. The frame kit are an instant success among gunsmiths, ideal for building top of the line IPSC race-guns or custom self-defence weapons. This frame, being 1911 compatible lends itself to such modification at a price unparalleled on the world market.

To make the BUL M5 series as multipurpose as possible, it is designed after the 1911 style pistol. This timeless design, with its unique features has long since proven its superiority and is the most commonly used design worldwide. This compatibility enables shooters world wide to use 1911 parts from almost any manufacturer to modify and customize their M-5.

Bul do not make guns in .357SIG but we have been converting them locally. Add $100 to the list price for .357 Sig.

The BUL M-5 Government is the full size 5" model of the M-5 line. A service style pistol which offers many of the enhanced features available in competition guns. The standard Spec we import includes a bull barrel and adjustable sights.

Weight: 34oz (980gr)
Overall length: 8.6", 220mm
Sights: Fixed low mount, high visibility, snag free rear sight, dovetail front
Sight radius: 6.7", 170mm
Barrel: Match grade barrel, 5"
Calibres:9mm .38super, .357SIG

Features include:

Extended single side thumb safety
Hi cut Beavertail grip safety with "speed bump"
Ramped bull barrel
Full length guide rod
Lightweight trigger
Commander style match hammer.
Includes 2 STI 10 Round magazines.

The BUL M-5 IPSC is designed specifically for the Standard Division of IPSC and is a highly competitive pistol without requiring additional customisation

Custom features include:

Ramped bull barrel in 9mm or .38 super
Crisp tuned trigger pull of 3-3.5lb
Tuned extractor
Custom slide to frame fit
Full length guide rod.
Match grade barrel bushing
Extended Ambidextrous thumb safety
Extended steel checkered magazine catch
Aluminium mag well
Fully adjustable rear sight, dovetail front sight, total reliability tuning
Three STI 10 round magazines and carrying case included.
Chrome slide and fibre optic sight optional
Available in .38super, 9mm, .357SIG

Magazine Capacities: Standard Magazines
Calibre Capacity
.38 Super, 9mm 18
.40 S&W 17
.45 ACP 14
Old 10-17-2009, 01:46 PM

BUL Ltd. was founded early in 1990 as a privately held company, specializing in the development, construction and maintenance of indoor shooting ranges both in Israel and abroad.

Wishing to expand its line of activities, and clearly realizing the market's need for a top-quality, yet affordable high capacity polymer 1911 pistol, BUL Ltd. began developing the BUL M-5.

With the cooperation of ergonomic experts, and top Spec-Ops and IPSC shooter, the innovative BUL M-5 pistol was launched.

Ever since the introduction of the BUL M-5 pistols in 1992, BUL's primary goal has been to supply you, our valued customer, with the very best carry, service or competition handgun money can buy.

All BUL pistols are reliable, rugged, and durable - even under the harshest conditions. They are lightweight, smooth, ergonomic, compact, low in recoil, and easy to use, carry and maintain. Most of the models have a large magazine capacity of at least 17+1 rounds (9mm) and a smooth trigger pull.

Today, after 15 years of expanding production and still motivated by the same goal, BUL Ltd. has succeeded in meeting and exceeding the demanding expectations of its customers, while offering them: More than 13 models, 4 pistol sizes, 3 types of coating, 2 types of classic & reliable trigger actions, and many more options to suit any type of discipline, activity or use.

The above is achieved through the hard work and dedication of our qualified and highly skilled team of gunsmith, R&D personnel and quality assurance team, using state-of-the-art production techniques, machinery and material and complying with our ISO 9001:2000 Quality Assurance Certification.

THE M-5 POLYMER HI-CAP PISTOLS

The BUL M-5 was first introduced 15 years ago, and has been a success story ever since!

Unlike another hi-capacity polymer 1911s, the BUL M-5 fiber-reinforced polymer grip is molded onto a stainless steel implant, creating a one-piece durable and solid frame.

The same innovative and ergonomically designed frame allows the use of most popular calibers, including 9x19, 9x21, 9x23, 0.38 Super, 0.40 SW, and the 0.45 ACP.

All the best feature are offered as standard with the BUL M-5:

• Match-grade ramped bull barrel,
• Front & Rear cocking serrations (on 5" slides),
• Lightweight trigger,
• Full-length guide rod,
• Extended tactical thumb safety,
• Match-grade hammer,
• Snag-free combat style sights,
• Lowered and flared ejection port,
• High-ride beavertail grip safety,
• Checkered front-strap& Mainspring housing.

The BUL M-5 line consists of a large variety of models and sizes to suit all disciplines and tactical needs.
You can choose the "Ultra-X" for deep concealment, the "Government" for a full-size duty pistol, or the "Ultimate-Racer" as your IPSC shooting race gun. You name it - We got it!

As always, only the HIGHEST LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE, SAFETY & RELIABILITY IS ACCEPTED!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:44 PM

Thanks for the information guys, much appreciated.