1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Ammo Can

Old 06-08-2009, 11:47 PM

Official Walmart Mega-Thread

This is now the place to post about Walmart and ammo. Love it or hate it, we get a new thread about Walmart just about every day. I had been moving some of them to the Ammo Shortage sticky, but it's somewhat cluttered with all the merged threads. So, all Walmart posts will go here from now on.

Found ammo at Walmart? Post about it here. Didn't find any ammo at Walmart? Post about it here too.
-2TA

----------------------------------------------------
I went to Walmart tonight. Went straight to the sporting good and there was a cart full of ammo. There was at least three large cardboard boxes full of WWB .45 FMJ at 29.96 per 100. I bought two boxes and left alot for the next guy.

There were at least 3 boxes of .38 special and 3-9mm. All appeared to be WWB Target ammo.

There was also at least one box of .40 S&W but I think I saw about 3 more large cardboard boxes of the .40.

Come get it if you need it.

lunyou

Last edited by 2TransAms; 07-17-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:24 AM

It does look like things are breaking loose a little bit. Non-shooters can only hoard so much ammo. And now they realize BO isn't going to be a two termer, so the future looks bright. at least for ammo.

As a side note, commodities were in the tank again this week. Except oil.

Regards,
Greyson
Old 06-09-2009, 02:32 AM

Yay! I got a 100 box of WWB target 9mm the other day. The price was very reasonable(don't honestly recall exact price). There were several other 9mm boxes there too;but,no .45acp.

I'm still buying reloading press and accessories. Don't want to go thru shooting withdrawal again...EVER.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:51 AM

My local Wally World had some this weekend also for $31.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:58 AM

You say BO being a one termer is a good thing. I think that is the worst thing ESPECIALLY if he realizes it. He will then have nothing to loose.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 AM

My local WM does not even carry Ammo.

Mike
Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunyou View Post
You say BO being a one termer is a good thing. I think that is the worst thing ESPECIALLY if he realizes it. He will then have nothing to loose.
Well...I never said he wasn't going to try.

Why do you think they rolled out "pay-go" today? BO is already fearful he will be view is fiscally irresponsible after his first 100+ days!

Regards,
Greyson
Old 06-10-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunyou View Post
I went to Walmart tonight. Went straight to the sporting good and there was a cart full of ammo. There was at least three large cardboard boxes full of WWB .45 FMJ at 29.96 per 100. I bought two boxes and left alot for the next guy.

There were at least 3 boxes of .38 special and 3-9mm. All appeared to be WWB Target ammo.

There was also at least one box of .40 S&W but I think I saw about 3 more large cardboard boxes of the .40.

Come get it if you need it.

lunyou
Hey, you guys with the luck at Walmart do not have to worry about ammo, because every time you walk into Wally it is there ready to be plucked... Now me, that is a different story. My area is a "dry county".
“The Unexamined Life is Not Worth Living” Socrates; Socrates is a Man, All Men Are Mortal, Socrates is Mortal. " A Great Civilization is Not Conquered From Without Until it Has Destroyed itself From Within" W. Durant
Old 06-10-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by customtrigger View Post
Hey, you guys with the luck at Walmart do not have to worry about ammo, because every time you walk into Wally it is there ready to be plucked... Now me, that is a different story. My area is a "dry county".
My local Wal Mart is well stocked with bupkus and diddly squat. Well, I did score one box of WWB .45 on Saturday.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlyspud View Post

Mike
Must be because we live in the stupidest state that has the stupidest gun laws. I hate owning guns living in this STUPID state, I wanna carry DAMIT!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumox71 View Post
Must be because we live in the stupidest state that has the stupidest gun laws. I hate owning guns living in this STUPID state, I wanna carry DAMIT!!!
Well, at least your not stuck in WI I was there for a good 10 years. I can't understand how a place so full of avid deer hunters and rural-town dwellers could be so blatantly anti-gun.

BTW -- Both Lawrence, KS Walmarts were very well stocked the other day. Got 5 boxes .45 ACP 100 round for $30 each, 100 rnds .38 for $30 (all WWB). Also got 4 bricks Remington for $17 / 550rnds and 250 rounds Blazer 9mm. At least I can go back to my old shooting habits for the next couple months. There was plenty more ammo when I left the store too.

Last edited by DogNap; 06-11-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumox71 View Post
You could be living here in Cali...
Old 06-12-2009, 01:09 AM

My problem has been finding bricks of .22 rimfire for under 20$.
Don't want to sound like a wimp but that's mostly what I like to shoot with my kids. What's up with the evil zombie killing .22 shortage?

nunnya
Old 06-12-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunnya View Post
My problem has been finding bricks of .22 rimfire for under 20$.
Don't want to sound like a wimp but that's mostly what I like to shoot with my kids. What's up with the evil zombie killing .22 shortage?

nunnya
Are you kidding?!?!?! 22 short and LR are the best way to kill zombies. Legend says that IF you hit the zombies just above the eyebrow, they will loose their eyesight and will go to into histreria and die. I forgot where I read it but I'll post the article when I see it again, if ever ...

Last edited by nonie; 06-12-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlyspud View Post

Mike

ours still carries ammo but no handguns now. It's a long ways from when I used to shop at the local Furr's Grocery store that had guns and reloading supplies along side the groceries and racks of Asia and Journey albums on sale for $4.99. Very convenient to pick up a sack of lead shot and primed shells while shopping for food. too bad, now we don't even have a Furr's...
Old 06-15-2009, 10:14 PM

I have to check the other Wallmart in my area, they might sell Ammo. I see the same thing at Dick's around here. One sells ammo, and the other does not. I'm not saying they ever have any ammo, just that in theory they do sell it.
I hope I can find something at one of them. The prices at the local range are getting out of hand.

Mike
Old 06-16-2009, 12:43 AM

How much does your local range sell their reloads?

Whirlyspud ------> "The prices at the local range are getting out of hand."

I recently visited two of our local range in LA and had to "bite the bullet" in purchasing their reloads. They don't have branded ammo in stock and my two boys are itching to shoot few more rounds on their favorite pistolas...

For 9mm/50 round, they sell for $16.00 and the 45 cal/50 round is $21.00. They cost more than the brand ammo and about half less not too long ago.

Last edited by nonie; 06-16-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Banned

My local wally's are getting in more ammo now but for the life of me no 45!!!

At least Blazer Brass is putting out 40 cal. in larger quantities.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:13 PM

Got lucky at Wal-Mart

I hadn't seen ammo in any of my local Wal-Marts for weeks now but still look whenever I can find time to stop by in the hopes that I get lucky.

I'm a fraud investigator so I went out for drinks with a few friends from the DA's office and on my way home it's a little past 8pm which was when one of the managers previously told me to try my luck. I stopped in to the Wal-Mart down the street from my neighborhood and get to the ammo section and see an older couple hovering over the glass. I'm kind of like hmm wonder what they have. I peek between them and see 10 boxes of WWB 9mm. The WM employee calls for a manager and the guy in front of me proceeds to tell me that he works for a private security company and some of the managers allow him to "stock up" since he's not an individual but rather a private security company. I start thinking oh great, he's going to take all 10, even though there is a 6 box limit right now. He even showed me his business card to prove that he was legit. lol

So to protect my interests I start making small talk with him and proceed to tell him that I'm in Security too (corporate security) and that I'm a fraud investigator and that it's been hard finding ammo and I wish people would stop hoarding and freaking out. The manager comes over and he starts to plead his case and it seems like the manager is going to go for it, but then the guy says that since I'm here too it's no big deal, he'd just take 5 boxes and I could have the other 5.

I was VERY shocked to say the least. It was a good find and luck was on my side today. I kind of feel like I won (ok well split) the ammo lottery.

I come in peace! I didn't bring artillery, but I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes; If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.
Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Last edited by former_usmc; 07-02-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by former_usmc View Post
I hadn't seen ammo in any of my local Wal-Marts for weeks now but still look whenever I can find time to stop by in the hopes that I get lucky.

I'm a fraud investigator so I went out for drinks with a few friends from the DA's office and on my way home it's a little past 8pm which was when one of the managers previously told me to try my luck. I stopped in to the Wal-Mart down the street from my neighborhood and get to the ammo section and see an older couple hovering over the glass. I'm kind of like hmm wonder what they have. I peek between them and see 10 boxes of WWB 9mm. The WM employee calls for a manager and the guy in front of me proceeds to tell me that he works for a private security company and some of the managers allow him to "stock up" since he's not an individual but rather a private security company. I start thinking oh great, he's going to take all 10, even though there is a 6 box limit right now. He even showed me his business card to prove that he was legit. lol

So to protect my interests I start making small talk with him and proceed to tell him that I'm in Security too (corporate security) and that I'm a fraud investigator and that it's been hard finding ammo and I wish people would stop hoarding and freaking out. The manager comes over and he starts to pleads his case and it seems like the manager is going to go for it, but then the guy says that since I'm here too it's no big deal, he'd just take 5 boxes and I could have the other 5.

I was VERY shocked to say the least. It was a good find and luck was on my side today. I kind of feel like I won (ok well split) the ammo lottery.
When you said you got lucky at walmart, I was thinking something else.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:51 PM

I was able to pick up 100 rounds of remington FMJ in .45 auto at wal mart the other night
Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille5 View Post
hahaha, I was afraid someone might think that. I probably would have posted that under another section though!

I come in peace! I didn't bring artillery, but I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes; If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.
Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
Old 07-03-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille5 View Post
Old 07-03-2009, 03:05 PM

Doesn't matter who he is, or what company he represents. He shouldn't be allowed to buy more than 6 boxes per day, just like everyone else.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:38 AM

I was at the ammo counter today at Walmart, they got in a crapload of Federal Champion 45acp 230gr. FMJ RN for $14.97. Box limit is now 3. I didn't buy any myself, not my brand but looks like a good deal. They also got in the same of .40S&W.