1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Caspian Arms

Old 06-09-2009, 08:41 PM

Where to buy a custom Caspian?

I am new to this site, so take it easy on me. I've been drooling over the pictures here long enough: I want to buy a custom Caspian 1911. I've looked at the Caspian website, and I have an idea of what I want. I do not, however, have the ability to put one together (people...yes, guns, no).

I would appreciate a point in the right direction. Do I commission a custom build from one of the well respected pistolsmiths here? Are any available for sale that are already completed? Where do I go from here? I'm leaning towards a Commander length in 9mm, since I already have 1911's in 38 Super/45 ACP/ 10mm/45 Super. I'd also like another Govt. length 45, since one can never have too many.

Any point in the right direction is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:21 PM

Caspian sells machined frames and slides. They do sight cuts and some custom machined features... no builds... you will need to find an available gunsmith or choose someone by word of mouth.... good luck..
Old 06-12-2009, 07:10 PM

Where to buy Caspian

I purchased a Caspian Bullseye custom built from Clark's Guns - takes a while to get but worth the wait
Old 07-02-2009, 10:53 PM

If you buy all the parts the Custom Shop at Springfield will put it together for you. It will NOT be an inexpensive gun however.

RWW