1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Ammo Can

Old 07-04-2002, 04:31 AM

Federal's Expanding Full Metal Jacket

Does ANYONE know where I can buy a case ...or even a box of these? I'm in Indianapolis, Indiana... my local gun shop says they can't order them unless they get a "truck load" of requests for them. Local gun shops, mail order, internet...I don't care where I get them ( just as long as the price isn't above the norm) I've just gotta give 'em a shot...in .45 that is ...thanks.
Old 07-04-2002, 04:49 AM

I've seen them on Ammoman, I believe.

Own: Colt Defender Plus .45,
H & K USP Compact .45
Glock M26 9mm
Old 07-04-2002, 09:07 AM

Yep, Ammoman has them.
http://www.ammoman.com/

Those who don't read are no better off than those who can't.
Old 07-04-2002, 10:29 AM

I noticed on ammomans web site that this ammo is 200+ p. Does Federal make 230 grain expanding full metal jacket that can be shot from a WWII USGI 1911A1 or can the 200+p be used safely in them. Also if 230 grain EFMJ is not made,does anyone know if Federal plans to ? Has anyone tried this ammo in a USGI ? How about the use of the 200+p in a Springfield loaded 1911A1 ? Is it safe ? Thanks for any info.

Last edited by CARman; 07-04-2002 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-04-2002, 10:50 AM
Administrator

seven ,
that's a somewhat lame excuse from your dealer . Is this a large store ? If they are any size at all , they buy from Acusport or Jerry's/ Outdoor Sports in Ohio . Sounds like lazyness to me . I'm they buyer for Olde English Outfitters about 2 hours east of you in Ohio . These places sell by the box or case . It shouldn't be any hassle for your dealer to add 1 box to a regular stocking order . We do it all the time . Your dealer is missing the boat . One box of ammo isn't a big sale but it would be bringing a customer in their store atleast twice . Once to order and then to pick up . That's most of the battle for a retailer . Getting you in the store .

CARman
The 200+p is the only .45 load I'm aware of at this time . Does your GI pistol not feed hollow points ? If so , the Federal bullet is a flat point and this may be a feeding problem also . If they do work , I wouldn't recommend a steady diet . I don't think a box or two will cause any damage though .

Mitch www.oldeenglishoutfitters.com
Old 07-04-2002, 01:30 PM

Thanks guy sajer, The G.I. does feed hollow points but shoves the bullet back into the case really far. That's one of the reasons I was looking at the EFMJ, hoping it might not do that. I'll just keep experimenting with others or just stay with hardball.

Hope fully it should be alright with my Springfield loaded which does feed hollowpoints with no problem ,I was just worried about the +p pressures in the Springfield. I haven't found any documentation concerning +p loads in them.

Thanks again
Old 07-04-2002, 01:41 PM

Thanks for the tips...you know guy, I figured that was the case. It IS a reputible gun shop here in town, but the clerk also told me that they've never heard of 'em and can't order what they've never heard of...smart @$$ ...but that's okay, I told him to check them out on Federal's web site. Anyway thanks again!