1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 PM

Cerberus Tactical, the DOG, and P3

Hello all. I have seen a few posts on the CerTac mags, but nothing on their pistols. Darn little info online anywhere as a matter of fact. What's the story on the DOG and any other pistols they may make? Thanks
Old 06-12-2010, 08:11 AM

bump,anyone?I'd like to hear also.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:37 PM

http://www.p3llc.com/

Their pistols are custom order items. Probably not too many out there to talk about. Just my $0.02.

Steve Mace
Old 06-12-2010, 01:32 PM

I was on the website- I did not see any price ranges. Any idea on the price range???
"...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36
COTEP Member; CBOB0695
Old 06-12-2010, 02:40 PM

Since my first post I have talked to the president, Christopher Provost, many times and now own 3 of his pistols, a DOG, PUP (commander sized), and a BLACK. He has other models available to the public now. His entry level models are comparably priced to Brown, Baer, Nighthawk, etc. but are much better (I own a Brown Special Forces and a Nighthawk Dominator). Christopher's guns are beefier, all business, made to be rode hard weapons, not safe queens. They require some break in, as all top quality 1911's do, but all of mine run flawlessly. The biggest difference you notice after shooting them for a while is how much different the trigger break is from the semi-custom guns. There is just enough 'slack' to give you a precision feel, but zero-and I mean zero- creep. No softness or sloppiness, just a glass rod type snap.
As for pricing, I can't say why he doesn't post prices but I'm guessing that since the lion's share of his production goes to 'special' groups under contract, that he doesn't have a whole lot of inventory at any one time to sell to the public. Every one of his that I have bought was well worth the money spent, I can tell you that. Give Christopher a call. His number is on the web site and you will find him a great guy to talk with.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:00 PM

Got some photos to share Alpha?
Memberships: NRA (Life), IDPA, Cheesecake of the Month (not really), COTEP #0371