1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Kimber

Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 AM

best place online to buy a Kimber

I live in NY and the few local shops that have Kimbers are asking full retail for them. Are there any online dealers that you can recommend with good pricing?

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:05 AM

Hands down, www.sportingarms.com
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-27-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRJim View Post
That may be true, but you can't prove it by looking at their web site. All the Kimbers are "Price on Request".

I won't claim "hands down", but this place has darn good prices, with free shipping and insurance.

http://www.discountfirearms.com/cfkimberpistols.htm

I bought my Ultra Carry II there and was very pleased with them.

Dick
Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 PM

Budsgunshop.com in Kentucky has an awesome site and great prices but dont ship everywhere into the Republick of New York - including where I live. YMMV
Old 02-27-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomer View Post
Budsgunshop.com in Kentucky has an awesome site and great prices but dont ship everywhere into the Republick of New York - including where I live. YMMV
They also have zero Kimbers in stock.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula4Fish View Post
That may be true, but you can't prove it by looking at their web site. All the Kimbers are "Price on Request".

I won't claim "hands down", but this place has darn good prices, with free shipping and insurance.

http://www.discountfirearms.com/cfkimberpistols.htm

I bought my Ultra Carry II there and was very pleased with them.

Dick
That's correct. Kimber dealers are not allowed to advertise any price lower than Kimber retail. (MAP if you're familiar with dealer agreement terms)

I'm lucky enough to be only a few miles from them so I've sat down with both Tom and Becky before. I have yet to have anyone come back and say they're pricing was anything but great.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-27-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Kimber dealers are not allowed to advertise any price lower than Kimber retail.
Then I guess http://www.discountfirearms.com/cfkimberpistols.htm is in trouble

They're clearly advertising prices waaay below retail.

I bought a Stainless Ultra Carry II w/night sights from them for $910, free shipping, and no sales tax. With an FFL transfer fee of $20, my bottom line expense was $930. MSRP on that pistol is $1049.

Because sportingarms.com is in Texas, they would have to collect sales tax. To match the $930 I paid, they would have had to sell me that pistol for $861.

Dick
Old 02-27-2009, 03:33 PM

I have had good luck with Able Ammo. They advertise Kimber prices and are well below retail. They also offer free shipping on many models. I bought in September- a Stainless II in 9mm and turnaround time was less than a week. Free shipping.
Sunset
Old 02-27-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula4Fish View Post
Then I guess http://www.discountfirearms.com/cfkimberpistols.htm is in trouble

They're clearly advertising prices waaay below retail.

I bought a Stainless Ultra Carry II w/night sights from them for $910, free shipping, and no sales tax. With an FFL transfer fee of $20, my bottom line expense was $930. MSRP on that pistol is $1049.

Because sportingarms.com is in Texas, they would have to collect sales tax. To match the $930 I paid, they would have had to sell me that pistol for $861.

Dick
Yes, I've seen a couple of site lately advertising < retail. I'm not sure how they're getting away with it, but to me, it goes to their integrity, unless Kimber has changed dealer policies.

The price isn't bad, but you might be surprised what a Master Dealer can do. I referred a guy I know here in the DFW area to Sporting Arms but he got anxious and bought online for a good price that he thought they wouldn't be able to touch. He found out he was wrong and could have saved a little bit more if he would have waited for the return call. Not huge difference, but in this case, he could have bought local too.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well....tell the whole world, why don't ya!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:10 PM

Jim's Firearms in the Houston area did a little better on a Custom II Stainless for me even after paying $22 for shipping to Illinois.Found him on GunsAmerica.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:25 PM

Those are some smokin prices! Ultra Crimson Carry was about $100 cheaper than i've seen anywhere, thanks for the link!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:47 PM

Sporting arms gave me a price on a SIS better than discount firearms.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:08 PM

I bought my Custom CDP II here for $1069 cash price. It takes a while to get it though, he doesn't stock them.

http://chltx.com/KIMBERS.php

Chuck
Kimber Custom II CDP .45ACP
S&W Sigma .40
Old 03-01-2009, 12:55 PM

It may be a good price, and since Kimber is so good about fixing guns regardless of owner or dealer etc., repair shouldn't be an issue, but for me, I'm going to stick to a good reputable authorized Kimber dealer.

Some of these being posted may get the fun to you for a decent price, but "if" they area even Kimber dealers, and I question that, I'd have a problem with doing business with someone with the level of integrity that allows them to be OK with violating dealer agreements.

BTW, I contacted one of the above on-line places with cheap prices posted and the response was not surprising. They aren't even familiar with general conditions or terms of even basic/generic dealer agreements (the term dealer agreement seemed to be a foreign concept to them) and when pressed about being an authorized Kimber dealer, they clammed up and played even dumber and were no longer interested in discussing a sale.

Wonder why??