1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Colt

Old 01-11-2009, 10:43 PM

Colt Model "O" Package?

I've checked the FAQ's and gunsmith threads and could not locate a sticky so please forgive me if this is one of those questions that has been asked "a thousand times"!

Two prong question:
What does the Colt Model "O" Package consist of?
How much more should I expect to pay for a Colt Combat Elite with the "O" package?

This will greatly help in narrowing down my first 1911. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:20 PM

http://www.guncollectorsclub.com/1911.htm

About half way down the page.
I'm not worried about terrorism, I was married; TWICE!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:30 PM

The Colt O Package is mentioned in post #22 of this thread - http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=140281
Old 01-12-2009, 09:23 AM

I have a Commander that is posted elsewhere that had the "O" Package done to it several years back. In my opinion it made the commander a better pistol and if Colt offered that pistol as a regular item they would sell a lot of them. With that said I also purchased a new Combat Elite recently, the way it comes from the factory mirrors the "O" Package somewhat with the Novak sights, true BTGS etc. If you are talking about a older Combat Elite, I think I would leave it as is and save some money to go with the cost of the "O" package and shipping and purchase a new Combat Elite. While the CE I purchased was a gift for my son, I plan on buying one this year and will only change the sights and have the front strap serrated. I am not sure what the cost of the "O" package is today but on top of that add another $150.00 to $200.00 for round trip shipping and you realize you are over half way to the purchase price of a new Combat Elite. Good luck on your quest and I dont mean to downgrade the "O" package, I carry my Commander everyday and realize that the "O" package was just the start of the transformation to my idea of perfection.

Pray for our Soldiers as you pass that Church...
Proud Father of a Cav Trooper...
Old 01-12-2009, 08:57 PM

According to Colt a Model O package consists of:Novak Rear Sight,Dovetail front sight,Up swept grip safety,Dehorned, and refinished. Cost for 2008 was Base Gun + $375.00.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:04 PM

Anybody know if Colt will do the O Package but let us delete items from it to lower the cost? I'd like Novak night sights which I can provide....
Old 01-29-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbar View Post
Anybody know if Colt will do the O Package but let us delete items from it to lower the cost? I'd like Novak night sights which I can provide....
The last time I asked, they said that they wouldn't install customer supplied parts.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k217sc View Post
The last time I asked, they said that they wouldn't install customer supplied parts.
Nuts - $375 is pricey for sights I don't want....too bad I was hoping to keep it "from the Colt factory".
Old 01-30-2009, 12:16 PM

Call Colt and ask them to mail you a Custom Shop price list. IIRC you can order "ala carte" and don't have to get the entire "Model O" package. Although, it might end up costing about the same.