1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Message From Lou Alessi

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  T. Kanaley 
#1 · (Edited)
Message Fom Lou Alessi

I just got off the phone with Lou who is still in the hospital and will probably remain there for another week. He has a serious staph infection (not mrsa) as a result of his surgery for lung cancer. This has been a bad year for Lou starting with the diagnosis of lung cancer in February followed by a few surgeries and now the infection. He asked me to tell everyone Thanks from the bottom of his heart for all the get well's and inquiries about his health and to apologize to those waiting for a holster. He will probably be away from the shop for an unknown time but Mary Lou and his daughter are there trying to catch up with cutting out leather and sewing to await Lou's final process and forming. He is in great spirits and we spoke for a good half hour and believe me he is tired of hospitals and doctors and cannot wait to get back to work. Please keep up the prayers and well wishes as he really appreciates them. He doesn't have access to a computer but was very pleased when I told him about the thread Tony started. I'll try to keep everyone updated on his progress as I speak with him. Thanks again, Lou is a good friend of my wife and I and as anyone who has ever dealt with him knows a true gentleman!
Mike

#2 · (Edited)
Thanks for the update, Mike. I will sticky this thread until Lou gets back. If you, or anybody else, has any further direct contact with Lou, let me know by PM and I'll re-open and post those comments to this thread. Lets keep the get well wishes confined to a single thread though. One thread for information, the other for well wisher's. This one http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=212210 is ongoing and all other posts that were originally part of this thread have been moved there.

#3 ·
Update 10/16

Word from member LHB1 has it that as of 10/16 Lou is doing well and responding to antibiotics, but still may not be released from the hospital for a bit. Keep up the kind words of best wishes and encouragement and keep him in your prayers.

#4 ·
Update 10/20

Recent news from torrejon224.....

......just spoke with Lou again and he's still in the hospital with an expected release towards the end of the week. He said to Thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers. He's in his usual jovial mood but bored to death. CT/MRI scans show that he is currently cancer free but it can come back anywhere, anytime.
Mike

#5 ·
Update 11/7

From member LHB1;
Looks like Lou's finally able to leave the hospital to be going home. But by the sounds of things, he's still going to require a little more recovery time. I'm sure we'll hear from him 'here' soon. :)

#6 ·
Update 11/16/08

The latest...

torrejon224 said:
Lou just called and is doing great, he didn't work last week (doc's orders) but will be at the shop Monday. He wants people to know that his PC is broken so he can't read or send e-mail at this time. Just wants to make sure that they know he's not ignoring them!
Mike
We'll take note, Mike. Thanks for the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.