1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Colt

Old 09-14-2008, 10:36 AM

Show your Colt CCO

These are hard to find (pics) much less the pistol itself.

I think this would be the perfect carry for me, but finding one and the $$ it would take to get into one maybe difficult.

Pics please, so I can drool and dream.

the more the better.

thanks in advance
Old 09-14-2008, 03:56 PM

Here is a picture of mine. Bought new when they first came out.....

Old 09-14-2008, 05:22 PM

AHHHHHHHHHH!

I like.

any feedramp issues (since its not a ramped barrel)?

let me clarify,

wear from bullets?
magazine follower strikes?

probably a non issue, I just like the thought of a steel feed ramp, and I dont plan for it to be a high mileage ride, as that will be for my 5" guns. this is will ride on the hip daily and qualify one time a year with occasional plinking and alot of dry firing with draws from the holster.

thanks and keep em coming

Last edited by SW CQB 45; 09-14-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
AHHHHHHHHHH!

I like.

any feedramp issues (since its not a ramped barrel)?

let me clarify,

wear from bullets?
magazine follower strikes?

probably a non issue, I just like the thought of a steel feed ramp, and I dont plan for it to be a high mileage ride, as that will be for my 5" guns. this is will ride on the hip daily and qualify one time a year with occasional plinking and alot of dry firing with draws from the holster.

thanks and keep em coming
I have had zero issues with it. Great pistol. If you can find one snag it....Good luck with your search/quest....
Old 09-14-2008, 06:35 PM

You kind of sound like I did a few years back when we exchanged emails about the CQB-45. I also agree with you concerning the CCO and kick myself in the rear for passing on a Gunsite CCO awhile back. While it took me awhile to find that infamous S&W CQB-45 and it is still one of my most prized pistols it pales in comparison to a nice 1911. It's amazing how your outlook changes as your Departments approves new pistols for carry. While I never felt undergunned or anything with my Sig 220, the comfort factor is a little more with a nice 1911 on my side, I'll even tolerate the occasional "Did you know your gun was cocked" questions. Good luck on your search....

Pray for our Soldiers as you pass that Church...
Proud Father of a Cav Trooper...
Old 09-14-2008, 08:04 PM

Anyone try the Sig version of the CCO?

Since Colt won't produce any for us, this might be the best alternate.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
You kind of sound like I did a few years back when we exchanged emails about the CQB-45. I also agree with you concerning the CCO and kick myself in the rear for passing on a Gunsite CCO awhile back. While it took me awhile to find that infamous S&W CQB-45 and it is still one of my most prized pistols it pales in comparison to a nice 1911. It's amazing how your outlook changes as your Departments approves new pistols for carry. While I never felt undergunned or anything with my Sig 220, the comfort factor is a little more with a nice 1911 on my side, I'll even tolerate the occasional "Did you know your gun was cocked" questions. Good luck on your search....
Holy Cow Eric, this is funny.

when the entire gun thing started for me, I was 1911. I did not have the proper training, but I was very familiar with the operation and the Colt Series 70 5" was my piece till my dad bought me a Officers ACP when I graduated the academy in 88. I actually had a choice between the Officers and a 4516 and chose the Officers.

When the dept went plastic, I had to have it. So I went there and in 96, I was introduced to 3rd gen smiths and found their uniqueness interesting and went hog wild buying this and that eventually ending up with the CQB on duty.

Since dept regs only allowd Dbl action first shot or glock, 1911 was out. I even recall the chief telling me personally, (because he knew I was the gun nut) dont ever plan on carrying 1911 when I am here. Just to poke at me.

When he was pushed out, I was approached by a buddy captain who said if I wanted to pack 1911, re write the General Order and he would get it approved with the new chief.

I did, and have reverted to 1911. I have my CQB in a shadow box. Its rough cosmetically from 13g+ of being shot and countless more draws and dry snaps. While I prefer the 1911, the CQB had its place as one of the best DA first shot guns I have ever owned. it is still tighter than a production gun and have considered selling to get another 1911, but then I would have to change my handle.

I am plain clothes LT in INV, and carry my Officers Model (HVY) daily and looking for a lighter carry.

I think the CCO is the best option for me. Now to find one at a decent price. I often thought of trying to pick up a alloy frame for the officers and there was one for sale on another forum last year and drug my feet and it was gone when I inquried.

If I sell my CQB, I would probably replace it with a LWT Commander XSE. I just dont like the beavertail fit, but if its a performer, I can fit another one down the road.

Funny, how we make the big circle and go back to 1911.

Z51, thanks for the info and its probably a fine piece, but my 1911's will be limited to Colt and SA.

thanks to all and keep the pics coming.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:18 PM

I carry a SIG Revolution Compact and I love it. Commander Slide, Officer's frame, 7+1 rounds ( although the new compacts are 6+1 )I had an issue early on but SIG took care of it and I've put over 4,000 rounds through it since Feb.

NRA Life Member
Colt Series 80 Government
Sig GSR Compact Stainless
Old 09-14-2008, 10:24 PM

After many years of searching for an original CCO in good or better condition, I finally laid down the money for a WC CQB Compact-LW. Not technically the same as the CCO's specs (CQB-C/LW has 4" bbl compared to CCO's 4.25" bbl). I'll still keep looking for a Colt, but the need will probably be fulfilled with the WC.

"For those who fight to protect it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."- LCPL Edwin "Tim" Craft, B Co. 3rd ATs, Khe San 1968
Old 09-14-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKilla View Post
After many years of searching for an original CCO in good or better condition, I finally laid down the money for a WC CQB Compact-LW. Not technically the same as the CCO's specs (CQB-C/LW has 4" bbl compared to CCO's 4.25" bbl). I'll still keep looking for a Colt, but the need will probably be fulfilled with the WC.
PICS PLEASE
Old 09-14-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51 View Post
Anyone try the Sig version of the CCO?

Since Colt won't produce any for us, this might be the best alternate.
Looks nice! But my hypocrisy won't allow me to buy any other brand 1911..........
Old 09-15-2008, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
PICS PLEASE
Once I receive it I'll post...still waiting. Delivery time should be in December (client specified to coincide with a return from overseas)

"For those who fight to protect it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."- LCPL Edwin "Tim" Craft, B Co. 3rd ATs, Khe San 1968

Last edited by ADKilla; 09-15-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:16 AM

CQB I know the feelings one develops for a Duty pistol, mine would be a well worn Sig 226(9mm) that I went through the academy with and then an even more worn Sig 220 that I carried on/off duty for about 10 years. I ventured off the path once and carried a 226(40 S&W) for about 9 months. I was involved in a line of duty use of that 226 and wasn't impressed with the results so I went back to the 220 that day. When our previous administration approved the 1911 for off duty carry I got approved on a Commander and then our current administration approved the 1911 for duty use with stipulations and I jumped on the wagon. With that said I am currently qualified on 2 1911s and that old 220. While I feel good with any of the three I prefer the Commander that I carry daily. I too have looked at the Sig pictured above and it is a nice looking pistol but wont work in any of my holsters thus increasing the initial cost. Of course with the approval of 1911's my department only went with the big three Colt, SA and Para Ordinance. If they would approve Les Baer I would probably get a Stinger and call it quits for the next 3-5 years.

Pray for our Soldiers as you pass that Church...
Proud Father of a Cav Trooper...
Old 09-15-2008, 11:09 AM

grrrr

THis thread is anoying me! I am carrying another brand that has a 4" slide and an officer grip. I wont say the name, but it is a pre series II

I want to find a CCO by colt so bad one of these days!! I do hwever have to give a thumbsup on my otherbrand......she is 100% so I can only complain so much
Old 09-15-2008, 12:59 PM

I found a Gunsite Model CCO NIB for sale on GA, but wayyyyyyyyy out of my price range.

Yes, I am aware that there is another brand that fits the bill, but I have heard so much negative about CS, that I will do my best to stay away.

I have also heard that many of that brand are performers, so its a coin toss.

I hope to find a ruffy that is a performer.

keep those pics coming!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:06 PM

i got lucky with that coin toss.....but I want a CCO still !!!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:47 AM

Apologies to those who have seen this picture a bunch.

Rob
Old 09-21-2008, 11:26 AM

Ted Yost Custom CCO:

Old 09-28-2008, 09:08 PM

since the picture was taken I have smoothed out that sharp corner ala "baby bobtail". I still carry another bobtailed LW Commander more often than this one, but CCO is a nice carry pistol.
Attached Thumbnails
Colt CCO 002 crop2.jpg  
Old 09-28-2008, 09:24 PM

Just a simple Gunsite CCO With out question one of my favorite Colt's. I should have never let my buddy by my second one.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthgoat View Post
since the picture was taken I have smoothed out that sharp corner ala "baby bobtail". I still carry another bobtailed LW Commander more often than this one, but CCO is a nice carry pistol.
can we get an updated pic.

to all, very nice.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:52 AM

This is not a "real" CCO... but a pretty nice interpretation by John Harrison. It's a full-house custom gun built on a Compact (Officers ACP sized) frame and Commander slide.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHRoss View Post
This is not a "real" CCO... but a pretty nice interpretation by John Harrison. It's a full-house custom gun built on a Compact (Officers ACP sized) frame and Commander slide.

Oh my very very nice. I like it a lot. John's work is second to none. The attention to detail is awesome. Not to mention he is one of the nicest guys on the planet and does what he says he is going to do.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:02 AM

Gold Cup National match
Officers ACP - Just got it yesterday
Old 09-29-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d90king View Post
John's work is second to none. The attention to detail is awesome. Not to mention he is one of the nicest guys on the planet and does what he says he is going to do.
You're so right on all counts. John is a godsend... and as luck would have it, we're virtually neighbors too. So I'm blessed with the opportunity to see and fondle many of those incredible custom guns you see featured in his posts, webite photo gallery, SHOT show, etc... through their various phases of completion (hell, a few of them are mine). I can tell you first hand the amount of blood, sweat, tears and pure creativity John pours into those guns is nothing short of amazing.

John is currently reaching the final phases of completion for the 7th full-house custom gun I've contracted through him. It's a 1952 (birth year) Colt Commercial Government Model 45 ACP. I went over to his home/shop Saterday to see it prior to shipment today to the finisher. The fit, ergonomics, polishing and machine work are just off-the-charts... and you won't believe the quality of its handmade (also by John) walnut grip panels!

Stay tuned... I will post photos of it here following delivery and range test in a few weeks.