1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Kimber

Old 09-11-2008, 10:23 AM

Kimber Pro Raptor II

I am interested in a 1911, looking at either Kimber or Springfield. Was wondering if anyone owned a Pro Raptor II or any of the Raptor family and could lend some imput. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:44 AM

Kimber Pro Raptor II...

Excellent Gun! Love the detail that was put in to it, feels great in my hands.
A little to heavy to carry being that it is all steal! But shoots beautifull, about 1500 rounds through it w/ one FTF with it's original magazine, but none with WILSON MAGS.
Here are my two beauty's...

Old 09-15-2008, 10:56 AM

Thanks

Great pic, nice pieces! Thanks for the input. Any word on Kimber customer service, I have heard conflicting reports, definitley interested in hearing 1st hand from a Kimber owner. Thanks again.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:18 AM

There are tons of threads discussing Kimber and CS. Very contrary to how it usually goes, a lot of people are compelled to start threads just to talk about how great Kimber took care of their gun.

Sure, there are some stories that aren't so good, but if you read about them, some are easy to figure out why. Others are just that small % of problems that weren't handled great.

If you look at the numbers of CS contacts with any of the few top notch 1911 manufactures, they're all pretty similar in that they'll take care of the gun. I know for a fact Kimber will step up and take care of a gun no matter how old it is, or if you're the original owner or not.

Obviously some people will refuse to ever have a good CS experience no matter where they are, who they talk to or what the issue. It's just their thing to make it as bad as possible then holler from the top of a mountain about how horrible it was and how someone else is 100% at fault..
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-15-2008, 11:48 AM

My RaptorII is going thru some teething problems, but nothing serious. Seems common to have problems where ball ammo engages the slide stop prematurely. Slowly stoning the slide stop. Other than that,I think it's prettier than my Springfield Loaded (not shown). Shoots very good and accurately.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Banned

I have the Stainless Raptor II, and have nothing bad to say about it. It is very accurate, and has never gave me any problems. I use Wilson and Cobra Tripp mags in it, but never had any problems with the factory mag. Just always hear that it's best to use the Wilson's. It's a very unique looking gun as well. Really grabs people's attention when I take it places.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:36 PM

Have a Raptor Ultra, it had a big problem, until I started buying $1.70 bullets.

It loves Gold Dot, and Hydra Shok. It's picky!

M
Old 09-16-2008, 01:42 PM

I just picked up both the Grand Raptor and the Stainless Raptor. The GR was used and I traded my SIS for it, and the Stainless Raptor was new for 1245. Just finished the range and and I love both. I actually had the SIS but I found the finish way too slick to cycle the slide perfectly 100% of the time, especially in humid summer climates.

Both the Raptors fired 220 rounds each with NO problems. I love the reptile etchings and the fact they both have night sights. The stainless Raptor, using PMC starfire at 31ft was giving me 1.32" groupings. I really think this may end up replacing my tried and true Safari Arms Matchmaster as my primary carry.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:48 PM

Raptor pro

Hello
Newbe here.

I'm going to ordering a kimber soon and I am having a little trouble with which one. I would get all three but I haven't won the powerball yet. The three I'm talking about are (Stainless raptor II),(Grand RaptorII) or the (Pro RaptorII) all in 45acp. I can't decide which one. I will most likely make it my primary carry. Size and weight is not a problem for me when it comes to carry. So can anyone help out with some suggestions?
Thanks Shootest52
Sory I suppose I should have started this in a new thread.

Last edited by shootest52; 09-22-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 AM

I just bought the Kimber pro raptor ii in stainless steel and ordered a Ed Brown chainlink mainspringhousing and mag well and a wilson combat bullet proof extended slide stop and the wilson combat bullet proof extractor , all springs with wolff xp springs will be changed and when I pick it up a gunsmith friend of mine is gonna set my trigger at 2.5lb pull with a 1/4 travel.
The gun was hard to find and was shipped overnight yesterday and I'll be picking it up today all the parts are sitting here waiting for her I hope she had a nice 1st class flight from Texas to pa I'll post pictures when I get it all done but I'm feeling like its Christmas although I have 2 other Kimbers I just can'y help feeling like a kid at Christmas

I did the same thing to my PRO CDP II but added hogue wrap around exotic wood grips and that one shoots and looks awesome ,my Kimber pro ultra with crimson lazer is all factory but sure is an accurate little gun .

I am very lucky that my wife is a shooter or I might be in a world of sh*t with my toys lol)
Old 09-24-2010, 03:49 PM

I have my Pro Raptor a while now. It runs perfect with over 1500 rds through it. I on the other hand I had many problems and am now just to the point of feeling comfortable with my first pistol.