1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Kimber

Old 08-15-2008, 05:47 AM

Kimber Pro Elite

Just found a Kimber Pro Elite! It is on the way and should be here today. Looks like it is in great condition and should be a great shooter. For those unfamiliar with this model, it was a limited edition gun made in 1999 (2500 pieces). I really like the silver frame and black slide (the opposite of the current Pro CDP II). And it is a pre-series II model.

Last edited by Markel; 08-15-2008 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 08-15-2008, 07:34 AM

You'll be very happy with it, I just picked one up a few month's ago myself. These were the pre-run to the Pro CDP. Here's mine....

Old 08-15-2008, 10:25 AM

And this one the "pre-run" to the Elite's.

The story as I understand it goes, this was such a hit (1000 or so made) they quickly made cosmetic changes like the grips, to sell even more. It was even more of a hit thus another appearance tweak and the CDP was born.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-16-2008, 11:04 PM

Hmmm Sweet! The "melt" de-horning looks much more aggresive, (nice!).
And I'll bet thats NOT a plastic mainspring housing! But? Do they have nice bright mepro lite sights? Kimpro finish ? My ambi safetys are "tactical" (small)
they look extended in pics?
Old 08-16-2008, 11:12 PM

Actually, the MSH's on those models do, indeed, look like the plastic ones on most Kimbers. I could be wrong. The pistols look great, though. Good buys!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:12 PM

I think the Combat Carry and the Elite line are done well as far as the melt work. I think the early CDP's are over done, but that's just my opinion.

The MSH's are indeed plastic like most others. Mine looks like new but I'm tempted to replace it like I did my HD. ANd night sights, yes. Mine aren't "bright" anymore, but they are night sights.

Hmmm, can't compare the ambi-safety, but the Elite and mine look the same. I'm sure the parts between the 2 are mostly the same.

As far as Kimpro, I'm not sure what it was back then. I know I'm impressed with ho well mine looks as far as wear. Even the slide release and thumb safety look good. There are a couple of dummy marks on it (previous owner is a friend and it spend some time dropped in a range bag) but over-all, it looks really good for it's age.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-17-2008, 10:11 PM

Upon visual comparison, I guess ambi safetys are similar.
Great score! Def keepers!

Oh! and series 70! no FPS ! very cool!

Last edited by Onegoodshot; 08-17-2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: lack of