1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Springfield Armory


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-06-2008, 06:27 PM
dep2386 dep2386 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ocala Fl.
Age: 61
Posts: 386
Springfield customer service at the Shot-Show




I just got back from the Shot-Show. I would recommend to anyone, that if you have the chance you should go. I was standing at the Springfield display. A Springfield employee walked up and called me by name. He told me that he had my letter on his desk.He told me that the custom shop was almost finished with my pistol. He was very friendly and informative. He gave me his business card. He is Rob Schauland the assistant custom shop coordinator.

To me this is unbelievable customer service. Every employee there was helpful and was happy to answer any question. I know my next pistol purchase will be a Springfield.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Plexi Plexi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by dep2386 View Post
I just got back from the Shot-Show. I would recommend to anyone, that if you have the chance you should go. I was standing at the Springfield display. A Springfield employee walked up and called me by name. He told me that he had my letter on his desk.He told me that the custom shop was almost finished with my pistol. He was very friendly and informative. He gave me his business card. He is Rob Schauland the assistant custom shop coordinator.

To me this is unbelievable customer service. Every employee there was helpful and was happy to answer any question. I know my next pistol purchase will be a Springfield.
I have only made one call to them but they were SO nice, just great people...I kinda got the vibe that they really dig what they do.

I would not hesitate to buy a Springfield again and again and again and again again and again and again and again
__________________
Long term Springfield Armory Professional review:

http://1911enthusiast.com/showthread...ssional-PC9111
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-06-2008, 08:10 PM
mlin mlin is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,162
So far I have not been in any situation that require me to contact Springfield customer service. I have both Springfield loaded and XD. Hopefully I will never need to. But sounds like I can count on them when time comes.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Mag Monger Mag Monger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southeastern, MI
Age: 48
Posts: 132
Rob is "THE" man I call when I need some custom work from Springfield. He has helped me sooo many times with stuff. Not long ago I wanted to convert my puke green, lightweight Champion into a Nighthawk T3 clone. I just told him some of my wants and sent him some T3 pics and he pulled it off perfectly. I've NEVER been catered to so well by any other company or been given so much personal attention on a project as I have with Rob.

Here is the Nighthawk


Here is my Springfield and Rob and the team converted for me




I liked it so much I had him trick out my Champion Operator the same way.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:02 PM
StevieRay StevieRay is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15
Those guns look very well done. Every time I've ever spoken to Rob he was extremely polite and accomodating. Even if I ask something that turns out to be a dumb question he doesn't flinch. It's very rare that someone takes the time out of their busy schedule to make you feel like your business is so appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Plexi Plexi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,363
Wow! Those are gorgeous!
__________________
Long term Springfield Armory Professional review:

http://1911enthusiast.com/showthread...ssional-PC9111
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-09-2008, 05:41 PM
twitchy twitchy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag Monger View Post
Rob is "THE" man I call when I need some custom work from Springfield. He has helped me sooo many times with stuff. Not long ago I wanted to convert my puke green, lightweight Champion into a Nighthawk T3 clone. I just told him some of my wants and sent him some T3 pics and he pulled it off perfectly. I've NEVER been catered to so well by any other company or been given so much personal attention on a project as I have with Rob.
how much did it cost to get the operator done? what all did you have done?

Last edited by twitchy; 02-10-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2008, 01:02 AM
army_eod army_eod is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 838
Rob is great. Deb, too. Love SA.

Hey...the LW Operator is nicer than the hawk....only because I have the LW too.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-10-2008, 07:27 AM
big_roy big_roy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 953
Rob is the man! I met him once when I drove out to SA to pick up my mags and bumpers last year. Super nice and he knows his stuff. If they can do it he will, if not, he will find a way. Love to have his job wouldnt you
__________________
ALL OF MY POSTS AND REPLIES ARE MY OWN OPINIONS derived from both facts and my own personal experiences.

"It has been my experience boys and girls, that most personal problems can be solved with a suitable application of high explosives"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-2008, 09:55 AM
C.Helm C.Helm is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midlands S.C.
Posts: 2,332
Yep,

Rob, is pretty decent.
I sent my milspec in for some custom touches and this is what came back!




Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-27-2011, 12:59 PM
AlchemyCustom AlchemyCustom is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneseo, Il.
Posts: 2,349
I know this is an old thread guys. Wanted to connect it with me and my new company. The same guy that will bend over backwards to help, and talk to you for hours on end about your project is here. Call me up just to check in. I always like to hear what everyone is up to.

Last edited by AlchemyCustom; 10-27-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-27-2011, 01:17 PM
too_pure too_pure is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlchemyCustom View Post
I know this is an old thread guys. Wanted to connect it with me and my new company. The same guy that will bend over backwards to help, and talk to you for hours on end about your project is here. Call me up just to check in. I always like to hear what everyone is up to.

Put more pics of the nurse on your website
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Prima di tutto, essere armati. - Niccolo Machiavelli
Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen. - Jeff Cooper
It is bad to have to fight. It is worse to have to fight and lose.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-27-2011, 02:16 PM
AlchemyCustom AlchemyCustom is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneseo, Il.
Posts: 2,349
I can accomodate
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2011 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved