1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Gunsmithing & Troubleshooting

Old 01-28-2008, 06:14 AM

Lorcin .25 disassembly help

Can anybody point me in the right direction on disassembly of this piece?

It has a fail to feed problem, that has many facets. I've already addressed the mag. follower and will look at the lips on the mag as well as I believe they are holding the cartridge a tad too long.

The problem is that the angle of attack for the cartridge to feed in to the chamber is too steep, IMO. But it could also be the sunken ridge that runs around the chamber mouth.

Any help would be appreciated. I already know that they are not that great of a pistol, but I like a challenge.

TIA
Tim
Old 01-28-2008, 04:49 PM

First, get yourself a medium-quality hacksaw. (You won't need a good hacksaw, because pot metal just isn't that hard.)

Not a Glock armorer!
Old 01-28-2008, 05:28 PM

I think four quick whacks with a 5-10Lb sledge hammer should do the trick!!!!, but seriously I will try and find the breakdown instructions for you in one of the old lorcin boxes at the gunshop. Maybe that wil shed some light on the problem. We stopped selling them years ago, because they shot ok for about 25 rounds and then either broke or jammed on a regular basis. They had a pretty good warranty from what I remember, you send them your gun and would not even try to fix it they replaced it. Snakeater

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member6864.png
Old 01-28-2008, 05:56 PM

Take the magazine out and cycle the slide several times to MAKE SURE THE PISTOL IS EMPTY.
Repeat, MAKE SURE THE PISTOL IS EMPTY.
Point the pistol in a safe direction and pull the trigger.
At the rear of the slide, there is a small keyhole-shaped cutout; you need to press in on that cutout, and while keeping it pressed in, lift up on the rear of the slide.
While doing so, make sure the rear of the slide is also pointed in a safe direction, as the firing-pin (under spring tension), can and will be propelled backwards at a high enough speed to take an eye out.
Once the rear of the slide is up, you can ease it forward and take it off the front of the barrel.
Reassembly is in reverse order.

Last edited by bryanbag; 01-28-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:00 PM

That worked thanks.

Tim
Old 01-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Nice assist Bryan . Thanks .

Please visit Olde English Outfitters

We remember our friends Chuck , Jim , John , Lou , Roger & Stephen .
Old 01-29-2008, 04:40 PM

I was just kidding, guys! Don't have a clue how to break down a Lorcin. Have seen a couple at the range. Never saw anybody get through a mag without a jam, though. Got to be the worst semi-auto ever made.

Not a Glock armorer!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 PM

^ I would agree for the most part. The one I redid for a buddy of mine. All I did is get it working first. I fired 25 round throught it, I had roughly 17 FTF.
I came back home and took the gun apart again and polished every part of the gun. After that I put almost 200 round thought the gun after polishing and didn't have not one problem.

The Lorcin is like the Walther P22. They both need a little TLC, Now the Lorcin needs alot more TLC to function correctly. I sure you have noticed this by now.

Bryan
Old 01-31-2008, 11:36 AM

Like I leaned along time ago cheap guns are just that cheap guns and are not made to be taken serious. By the way they still make .25 ammo, must be some mice that still need killin