1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Kimber

Old 12-26-2007, 08:13 PM

which hogue wrap around fits the ultra carry?

I am trying to find some hogue wrap around grips for my wife's ultra carry. Which model do I need and where can I buy them?
Thanks
Old 12-26-2007, 11:46 PM

I don't know where to buy them, but are you sure you want to add that much bulk to a small pistol?
Old 12-27-2007, 12:11 AM

I dont really want to add them. But its for my wife I thought it couldnt hurt to give it a try.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:15 AM

In my experience, unless your wife has huge hands, a set of thin grips works best. The rubber grabs clothes. Have her check out the Alumagrips site, link above as a sponsor.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR79
I am trying to find some hogue wrap around grips for my wife's ultra carry. Which model do I need and where can I buy them?
Thanks
I use the Hogue Grips on my Ultra Carry II and did use them on my Ultra RCP II, though I now have a set of Crimson Trace on the RCP II.

Does your wife have large hands? I have large hands and the Ultra with the Hogues fit my hand well, and I like the finger grooves. I know several people with smaller hands than mine that gripped my pistol and like the feel of the Hogue grip. The Hogue's will grip cloth, as mentioned by AZ Husker, and may affect quick presentation of the pistol, but hopefully I can plan to never be in a situation where quick presentation is a necessity.

I bought the Hogue grips for an "officers" model. They can be purchased at many gunstores that carry Hogue grips since they are a standard item for Hogue. I know they are readily available at all gun shows I attend in the Houston, TX. I did a Google search for "Hogue Officers Grips" and I saw several online stores that carry this grip in the $16-$20 range. The Colt Defender uses this grip.

The grip does add extra bulk to the frame, over that of the standard grip, so if concealability is of great importance I would seek a thinner grip. I am not concerned about the concealing issue, or the "gripping of the clothes" issue so the Hogue grip works well for me.

Last edited by dr.fireant; 12-27-2007 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:00 AM

I use the hogue grips for my ultra carry. I got them from the kimber website. They shiped fast and work great.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:59 AM

Find them some place where they will let her try them. Unless she has man's hands she will find out pretty quick that they are bulky. If you want a set of rubber panals less the finger grooves, I'll let you have a pair reallllly cheap, like postage.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:59 AM

I have small hands and found that they really felt too big for me. Felt like I was holding a brick in my hand instead of a gun.