1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Gunsmithing & Troubleshooting

Old 10-31-2007, 09:15 PM

Yost-Bonitz Professional sights

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...+PISTOL+SIGHTS

I've always really disliked the Novak rear sight, like the style that came on my SAI TRP. I can't run one-handed cocking drills with a Novak rear (unless I modify it by running an end mill across it), and (in the case of the TRP), I don't like a tritium rear. I prefer a plain black rear and a tritium front.

I replace any of my Novak-cut sights with the Yost-Bonitz Professional rear sight. Excellent quality, nicely serrated rear surface, and a beautiful vertical surface on the front to run my one-handed cocking drills with. In the case of my TRP, it actually fit the Novak Lo-Mount dovetail perfectly with absolutely no fitting required. I fully expected to do a little minor fitting, which is the norm when switching sights. It drove in nice and tight with a brass punch. Any tighter and I would have had to do some fitting.

precision-applications.com
Old 11-01-2007, 12:24 AM

On your TRP, with the Yo-Bo rear sight, did it change your POI any?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Banned

It is a nice sight. Serrations and rear blade meets precisely with the rear of the slide. I might put one on my Wilson CQB.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:24 AM

I've put them on a dozen of my pistols and POA and POI remain dead on.

ranburr
Old 11-01-2007, 03:19 AM

Hello,

Just to let you guys know...Lew Bonitz has moved to Montana negating the production of any more Yo-Bo professional sights. In other words...Get them while supplies last! Ted Yost has joined forces with Steve Bailey and Jason Burton (excuse me if I got any of the names wrong) and the new collaboration will be called Heirloom Precision. If you want those sights I recommend you contact Ted and put in an order. There is no bad blood between Ted and Lew, apparently Lew has been planing this move for quite some time. They will no longer be offering any 1* packages either.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:50 AM

I use the 10-8 Performance rear sight. It is similar ot the Yost Professional, except that it has a U notch. Excellent sight.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:05 AM

The Henie sights look really great, especially the slant pro. I'd use one of their sights without a doubt! I was lucky enough to buy a Yo-Bo professional about three months ago. Hopefully it will be installed sometime this week or next week. I really like adjustable Bo-Mar style sights the best but thought it might be cool to try something different.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:53 AM

The Yobo sight hasn't changed my POI on any of my pistols. YMMV, depending on what sights it's replacing.

I'll have to call Brownell's and order a bunch of 'em. Thanks for the heads up!

precision-applications.com