1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Other Firearms & Tools > General Rifles and Shotguns

Old 08-10-2007, 01:11 AM

Remington 700 "1st Production Run" 6.8mm

I was at the gun shop today and he had a "As New in the Box" 1st Production Run 700 in 6,8mm SPC.I asked him to put it aside for me for a day or two until I can bribe the wife somehow to let me get it. I am wondering if the stock is a McMillan or not. It is very ergonomic and very much not your basic fiber stock. There is a specific mold around the grip that is sniper or competition oriented. The heavy stainless barrel is beautiful. A wide forend to the stock. The stock is a darkish black with green spider web-typed paint splatter in a pattern. A bit different, but it grew on me the short time I was able to hold it. The balance seemed great and I was overall very impressed with the rifle. The price on the "As New" Rifle is $625, which is another reason I had him set it aside. Great price IMO.
Anyway, I am looking for anyone that owns one. Or has knowledge on the stock. If it's factory Remington...that's fine. But my instinct tells me it's not. I thinkmight be able to get it, but the owner wouldn't let me take the action off the stock to check for manufacture. Any Help??
Old 08-10-2007, 11:45 AM

Any chance its this??

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...alaskan_Ti.asp

Rob

Take Care Rob
Old 08-10-2007, 07:37 PM

For crying out loud!! Why don't I go take a look, and take a few pics? Duh...
Stand By.....
Old 08-10-2007, 08:00 PM

Got Pics!!!

Here are some pics. I realized while I was taking these pics that i could just disassemble it and look for a name or markings...But actually this rifle is 3rd in line for inspection/cleaning. I went nuts and bought 3 rifles and a handgun in the last week. Anyway....anybody recognize this stock? Notice the oversize molded(feels like a closed fist that you wrap your hand around) grip area. I really like the way it feels and is very different from Hogue's Oversize they are putting on the Rem. 700 SPS Tactical...I have one of those as well. It's pretty sweet. Any help with the pics?
Attached Thumbnails
700 6.8 SPC 001.jpg   700 6.8 SPC 002.jpg   700 6.8 SPC 003.jpg   700 6.8 SPC 004.jpg  
Old 08-11-2007, 11:20 AM

I think that is an HS precision. It looks like the stock on my Sendero.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:17 PM

It's an HS Precision stock, range reports have been good on the rifle. I haven't had the time to set mine up with a scope yet.

Visit my personal website for links to sites to support our troops and other worthy causes.
www.redwhiteandblueoutdoors.com
Old 08-11-2007, 02:36 PM

Intel6, and Medbill...Thanks for the input. Ya, and just when I was thinking it was a Bell and Carlson. Oh well. Just got back from the range with the M14 and M1 Garand and had a beautiful shoot!!!! Awesome day! But the Remington is first in line to get a strip down and cleaning/oil job. Still has all the factory grease on it. I am ordering a scope/mount this week for the 700 so will hopefully get her out soon. Medbill, please give a scope and range report when you get yours set up. would appreciate insight on a nice set up. For some odd reason I'm thinking of a Nice Nikon Scope for this rifle...honestly don't know why. My other two rifles have Leupold on them. Hmmm. go figure. I'm surely hoping that when I get the stock off there is a stamp or scribe telling me the maker. Thanks again...and I'll be back later with any info I've gathered. out
Old 08-11-2007, 06:44 PM

Yep...you're right!!!

Well, I got some guns cleaned and oiled up, and got a chance to check out the stock on the Rem. 700. Hmmmm. No markings on the stock period. But thanks fella's, I went to HS Precision.com and found my stock. For anyone who cares here a link: http://www.hsprecision.com/psc13.htm
It's a fine stock and the rifle is beautiful. Can't wait to scope it and put it through some trials. Thanks again!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:19 AM

Id honestly stay with Luepold. Ive never been impressed with Nikon.

Rob

Take Care Rob
Old 08-12-2007, 08:52 AM

I'm gonna stick with Leupold as well.

Visit my personal website for links to sites to support our troops and other worthy causes.
www.redwhiteandblueoutdoors.com
Old 08-12-2007, 01:09 PM

Leupold it is!!

OK...Ok..I get it. Leupold it is....copy that!! Guess I was delusional or something. Thanks for staightening me out guys!!
Old 08-13-2007, 12:52 PM

I use Leupold and Burris with a Nightforce on the way. I prefer Leupold over Burris but they are worth checking out. The only thing I dont like about Leupold is the fact they have no way to cover and protect the adustment knobs from moving where as Burris does.

But ive never had my zero shift either, so my knobs never move unless i make them.

Rob

Take Care Rob
Old 08-13-2007, 05:34 PM

Sum it up for the "1st Production Run"

I emailed Remington.com and asked about the stock and the history of this rifle and received both reply's very quickly and just in case anyone else asks these questions in the future I was told the following:

Response (David) - 08/13/2007 09:05 AM
Dear Mr. Felty. H-S Precision provides the stock. Thanks!

Response (David) - 08/13/2007 04:42 PM
Dear Mr. Felty. Your rifle is a 2005 special run for AcuSport Wholesale.
Although not catalogued , it is a production, not Custom rifle. Thanks!