1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 06-17-2007, 02:08 AM

from Pinoy Guns: Newest M1911 Phil Manufacturer

Manufactured by Metro Arms Corporation and will be locally distributed by Weapons Systems Corporation (WSC)

Firestorm Deluxe

Please visit the WSC booth during the July 12-16 gun show to see and feel the pistols for yourselves. Official launching of the Firestorm will be on the morning of July 12, Megatrade Hall 1 during the show.

Specs for the Firestorm Deluxe:
Caliber: .45
Overall Weight: 36oz.
5 1/8" Barrel Length
Combat Hammer
Combat Trigger
Beavertail Grip Safety
Novak Style Rear Sights
Front and Rear Serrations
Checkered wood grips

- quoted from deenoh
Attached Thumbnails
image_1042869.jpg   image_1042870.jpg   image_1042871.jpg  

Last edited by KV's Arsenal; 06-18-2007 at 06:02 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:03 AM

Looks pretty nice. What is the price range that they plan to sell at? The only thing I see wrong is the same thing every manufacturer is doing right now. USING THE SLIDE AS A BILLBOARD!!! Sure would be nice to see a economical pistol NIB that comes with a steril slide. I know I am not alone on this. The manufacturer that decides to listen will sure be selling alot of them. I would almost bet if one manufacturer did it, many would soon start to follow.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:31 AM

What is a 1911 Phil?
Where is Metro Arms Corporation?
Who/where is WSC?
Where does Pinoy Guns come into the picture?

I have not heard of any of these outfits. The last previous Firestorms I saw advertised were really Spanish Llamas and Argie Bersas, any connection?
Old 06-17-2007, 09:25 AM

here is good good thread on the the said manufacturer. http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=710029
Old 06-17-2007, 10:26 AM

The pistol looks pretty nice. I did notice one post from the link saying that WSC would give better service than Armscor. I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT ONE!!!!!!!

COTEP Member # CBOB0152
Old 06-17-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson
What is a 1911 Phil?
Who/where is WSC?

I have not heard of any of these outfits. The last previous Firestorms I saw advertised were really Spanish Llamas and Argie Bersas, any connection?
Perhaps the Firestorms are getting shipped to the Philippines and getting the custom treatment over there?
"You see, Doctor, God didn't kill that little girl. Fate didn't butcher her and destiny didn't feed her to those dogs. If God saw what any of us did that night he didn't seem to mind. From then on I knew... God doesn't make the world this way. We do."

-Rorschach
Old 06-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVelSword
Perhaps the Firestorms are getting shipped to the Philippines and getting the custom treatment over there?
They are mfg in the Philippines .

I have dealt with the importers for many years . George Sodini (RIP) was a top shelf guy . The company continues to take good care of it's customers .

bulm540 thanks for the link .

I believe Metro and WSC are in the Philippines . The FireStorm / Eagle Import / SGS people in NJ will handle things in the States .

Please visit Olde English Outfitters

We remember our friends Chuck , Jim , John , Lou , Roger & Stephen .
Old 06-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Administrator

KV's Arsenal

Congrats on your new line

I know the FireStorm logo is set in stone , but the slide markings could use some "adjustments" imo . Any chance these might be altered ? GOVERNMENT DLX. MODEL just doesn't visually flow well . I respectfully suggest making the FireStorm logo smaller . Also , call it the Government Deluxe Model in advertising , but leave the RH slide blank or possibly just "45ACP" like the Les Baer pistols . No offense intended , but as it is , the slide markings just don't look good . It won't effect how it shoots , but possibly how it sells here in the US .

Best of luck .

Old 06-17-2007, 05:48 PM

I don't mind the words but the oval around it really kills it for me. I believe Guy is right. If it said "FS .45 ACP" then that would be a HUGE improvement.

I know it's a company name but Firestorm sounds like they should be offering hi-cap guns. The 1911 is and always will be a superb design but a single stack .45 with 9 rounds of .45 doesn't equate to A firestorm.

Well, unless you slidelock and the perps on the ground with all 9 rounds in him. Then yeah, he was hit by a firestorm.
"You see, Doctor, God didn't kill that little girl. Fate didn't butcher her and destiny didn't feed her to those dogs. If God saw what any of us did that night he didn't seem to mind. From then on I knew... God doesn't make the world this way. We do."

-Rorschach
Old 06-17-2007, 05:51 PM

Pardon my abruptness... but...

How much???
Old 06-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVelSword
I don't mind the words but the oval around it really kills it for me. I believe Guy is right. If it said "FS .45 ACP" then that would be a HUGE improvement.
As FireStorm is the name they market under , I think it's going to stay put . www.firestorm-sgs.com It's on their whole line . Maybe smaller or just on the frame ?

Old 06-18-2007, 12:57 AM

I agree on the FS billboard size logo comments. ' hope they make it a little discreet. Otherwise, it does look nice. And, oh, I hope they make one in .38 super and 10mm, compacts and high cap models, as well.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:40 AM

Anyone else notice how that "HOW MUCH" question remains unanswered!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsesoldier03
Anyone else notice how that "HOW MUCH" question remains unanswered!!!
I think KV said July 12th is when it comes out in the market. So probably we won't know for a while.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsesoldier03
Looks pretty nice. What is the price range that they plan to sell at? The only thing I see wrong is the same thing every manufacturer is doing right now. USING THE SLIDE AS A BILLBOARD!!! Sure would be nice to see a economical pistol NIB that comes with a steril slide. I know I am not alone on this. The manufacturer that decides to listen will sure be selling alot of them. I would almost bet if one manufacturer did it, many would soon start to follow.

maybe the manufacturer don't want the logo to be easily erased or tampered

Last edited by magnumkaboom!; 06-18-2007 at 02:43 AM.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:40 AM

im in no way connected to WCS or MAC. the price is TBA. the contact person from WCS said they'll produce a high cap in 2008.

you guys can join pinoyguns forum. and check the updates. peace.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson
What is a 1911 Phil?
Who/where is WSC?

Question asked by guys in the forum:

"Is this the same 1911 manufacturer in the M1911 forum under Llama/Firestorm thread?"

some of the answers:

" no, different manufacturer. The old Firestorm (manufactured by Fabrinor aka Llama in Spain) is different from the newest Firestorm (manufactured by MAC Philippines). The US importer of Llama (which they marked as Firestorm in the US) approached Metro Arms Corporation (Philippines) to produce a new line of Firestorm firearms for them. The result is the 1911 you see above. "

"It should be noted that Metro Arms Firestorm 1911 is an entirely different gun than the SGS Importers Firestorm 1911.

Metro Arms builds their own 1911 from the ground up "

Last edited by KV's Arsenal; 06-18-2007 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:53 PM

Double ditto on the slick slides. This is why I am building my own now. Well, one big reason anyway. If there is no horse involved, it should be as clean as possible.

This is why Charles Daly is usually not a popular moniker. If the Charles Daly
.45 had a discreet marking, it would look 1000 times better. I guarantee that if it said .45 ACP on the slide or some variation of this, they would sell much better. People are attracted to the classic .45 look, anything that detracts from that will lower the interest level. I am thinking about picking up a High Standard just because I like the simple markings.

This is valuable marketing advice, for free.

Rob
Old 10-14-2007, 01:27 PM

I'll apologize in advance for reviving this thread after it's been pushed down for four months... but wanted to add some observations.

I have one of the Fabrinor FireStorms myself (the .45 Gov't), and I can already tell it's got differences.

The first thing I noticed was the finish. It's more ... well, finished.

The second thing is, the grips look like they went with the standard style that interchanges with all the other 1911's out there. Mine has the screws set too far apart, so if I wanted to change the grips (which I don't) I'd have to get them custom made.

There are a lot of similarities, however. The ducktail grip safety, the skeletonized hammer, and the elongated thumb safety are all holdovers, as is the logo itself. Aside from being larger and more noticeable, it's the exact same logo as is on my FireStorm. Also, the serrations on the front AND rear of the slide are the same, as is the elongated slide release.

The sights look better on this new gun, and it's nice they went with the three-hole trigger (the solid one on mine looks kind of plain comparably).

All in all, I like what they did with the updates, but for the prices they're asking ($431.95 for the Mil-Spec, $481.95 for the Deluxe) there are better deals to be had out there.
Winchester Model 190
Savage Model 87AB
Fabrinor Legutiano Firestorm .45 Gov't
Taurus 85B2 .38 Special

Last edited by Wild Karrde; 10-14-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:53 PM

Fire storm 1911

Kababayan.. I bought an Arsmcor Medallion recently, and Well I'm planning to buy my second 1911 gun..I went to the gun store and I'm considering the latest release from Norinco since majority says that the metal used is a good quality, and most of all the price can be reachable.. Hanh price it almost 21k with licensce.But I saw a picture of a "Firestorm" in this forum by Metro Arms Corporation and locally made here in the Phillippines..Good looking 1911!! The "Firestorm" style is very tempting, gwapo sya talaga and I'm considering it as a choice cause it's our own product here..
But I have a question.. HELP!!
1. Is the metal quality are as good as the Norinco's?
2. Are the internal finish or machining are better cause some says Norinco's internal are somewhat rough and it needs refining..
3. Is this Firestorm is now available or being marketed and I'm interested with the price.. thanks..
Old 10-15-2007, 08:35 AM

answer to how much

http://www.firestorm-sgs.com/1911.htm

the link suggests 400's. I believe I read that these will actually come in at or below RIA pricing.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy sajer
They are mfg in the Philippines .

I have dealt with the importers for many years . George Sodini (RIP) was a top shelf guy . The company continues to take good care of it's customers .

bulm540 thanks for the link .

I believe Metro and WSC are in the Philippines . The FireStorm / Eagle Import / SGS people in NJ will handle things in the States .
Yes, they are made in the Philippines in Paranaque Metro Manila. One of their technical man I talk with during their latest gunshow said, they are also using CNC machine. This 1911 model is for their export product. Their 2011 race gun has STI markings Polymer frame, but if you take the lic. it would be metro arms.

Last edited by Shy_man; 10-16-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:42 PM

i got the firestorm 1911 deluxe on friday 200 error free rounds of wwb later shes a keeper the only thing i didnt like was the chessy megar mag but a few Mccormicks later and shes a keeper beautiful fit and finish imo! mine was 425 retail here in va.

Last edited by timf; 02-04-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsauto View Post
Double ditto on the slick slides. This is why I am building my own now. Well, one big reason anyway. If there is no horse involved, it should be as clean as possible.

People are attracted to the classic .45 look, anything that detracts from that will lower the interest level. I am thinking about picking up a High Standard just because I like the simple markings.

This is valuable marketing advice, for free.

Rob

i concur...

i got the High Standard for the same exact reason.