1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Other Firearms & Tools > Browning Hi-Power

Old 06-11-2007, 01:02 AM

Feg Pjk

Do these take regular Hi power Mags? Are there some better than others? I' have some stove piping issues?
Old 06-11-2007, 07:19 AM

I have used OEM BHP mags in mine when I had them over the years.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:21 AM

Yup, they take HP mags, check your extracor. It should be hard to move with your finger. Also look to see it's not chipped or clogger with gunk. If it moves easily with finger pressure. Replace the extractor spring with a new one from wolff. Mine ran like a champ after this mod.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:06 AM

Another vote for the FEG. FEG has a great reputation with AK's, so I thought I would try their HP. I love it. It runs great.

Luke 22:36 Jesus Said "and if you dont have a sword (AK) sell your cloak and buy one"
Old 06-11-2007, 09:09 PM

Got a question for you FEG owners, which is prefered the PJK (I understand that it is the older model) in Single Action just like the original Hi Power
OR
the (what I understand to be newer model) P9R in Double Action??

I am debating which model and whether I go FEG or FM Model 90.

Any and all opinions are welcome.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy
Got a question for you FEG owners, which is prefered the PJK (I understand that it is the older model) in Single Action just like the original Hi Power

the (what I understand to be newer model) P9R in Double Action??

I am debating which model and whether I go FEG or FM Model 90.

Any and all opinions are welcome.
P9R is a totally different design and will not use BHP mags (plus, 14-15 round mags have been hard to find also for the P9R). I have a couple of these and one has been shot extensively. It does not like JHP ammo and does not seem to hold up as well as the single action gun.

I prefer the pre Model 90 FM with the tapered slide but the M90 works fine also. The slabsided slide of the M90 sometimes does not fit holsters well that are made for the BHP. I have had good luck with the older FMs, the M90 and the M95. I have used BHP parts, ambi safety, slide stops etc... on the older and M90 guns without problem. I just find the older ones are more closely akin to the Classic Browning appearance and feel.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:37 PM

FEG PJK-9HP extractor

The extractor on my PJK-9HP is broken, and my gunsmith says the Hi-Power extractor will not work.
Question: where can I get an PJK-9HP extractor?
Old 06-23-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey35
The extractor on my PJK-9HP is broken, and my gunsmith says the Hi-Power extractor will not work.
Question: where can I get an PJK-9HP extractor?
Can anyone tell me what parts will interchange with the Browning? Or all? I hope.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:59 AM

FEG PJK extractor

Mickey 35.......Your smith is mistaken, the Browning 9mm extractor will fit with no problems, replace the extractor spring also. I have replaced mine with a browning, it will also work on the CD HP, evidently the extractors on the Hungarian pistols(metal) is not up to snuff with FNs.\
............Ken
Old 06-24-2007, 06:55 PM

exact item

Before I challenge my gunsmith, by any chance to you have the exact FN part number for me to refer him to?
Or maybe I could order it myself and give it to him or try to install myself.
Thanks,
Regards