1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 04-28-2007, 04:55 PM

Para P10?

I am a proud owner of a p14 and a springfield champion and am considering adding a para p10 .45 to the list. can anyone give me any background on this lil' monster? anything negative or positive, just so i can have some idea what the gun is like. how bad is the recoil? do regular 1911 holsters fit? thanks in advance.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:53 PM

I bought a used P10 stainless last year and it is very comfortable to shoot. I don't notice any difference in recoil from standard 1911. It does fit standard 1911 holsters that I've tried. So far, very happy with it.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:34 PM

thanks for the response. I called para today to ask about adding a beavertail grip safety to the P10, they said that they don't have any and won't install one. I saw that brownells has a para manufactured p10 beavertail but the para service rep said it probably won't fit right due to the frame being round? does anyone have any experiance with this?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:09 PM

dusty78,
What is the vintage of your p10? I can probably install a beavertail for you if it is an older model.
G
Old 04-30-2007, 11:20 PM

regardless I was going to have you do it when I send you my champion for the bobtail job (save on shipping), but I just wanted to buy all the parts prior to sendint it. it is older but not sure of manu date, it still has the oldstyle GI rear and staked on front sights. its unfired but I would say most likely from the late 90's.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:15 PM

Dustin,
Sorry, I didn't realize it was you! I can put one on there for you. I can get the correct beavertail if you don't want to order it yourself. Just let me know.
Call me and I'll fill you in on the detals about the P10. Have you serial number handy.
Thanks,
G