1911Forum banner

STI Spartan

30K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  zorkd 
#1 ·
You have been asking for pictures - here is one:

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
I got a chance to look over two of these at the Small Arms Review Show in Phoenix. Both were priced at $571 and both were identical with regard to overall fit and finish. Both had great triggers and both guns were surprisingly tight. One of these will have to be added to the collection but it'll have to wait until after Christmas.

#28 ·
Irishlad said:
They should sell well at that price, although they qualify it as an "introductory" price. :)

I'm surprised it looks very similiar to the trojan.
I'm not surprised at all, it's probably intentional. Kind of a distinct STI look.

The park finish looks almost like the Taurus! :uhoh: I know they're cutting costs but the blued Trojan looks much better.

#31 ·
Range Report!

Range Report!

Just got my Spartan on Friday.
(Thanks Scott!)

I took it out to the range on Saturday and ran 250 round of WWB thru it without any problems. Then I shot a 150rd IDPA match with it today.

Guys, I LOVE this gun!
The slide is like glass, the trigger crisp and right at about 3-4#, and the controls are very positive. Both Wilson and Chip McCormick mags ran perfectly, as well as the Novack that came with it.

The sight picture is awesome and as for accuracy.....
I was able to hit a golf ball at 15 yards on the first shot. It took me two at 25 yards and 4 at 50(!!!) yards to hit it.

The ONLY two observations that I have to make that are AT ALL negative are these:
Plastic MSH: Fixed by putting on a S&A magwell.
Plastic Trigger: What's up with that? Oh, well, if I end up hating it, I can always swap it out.

I bought this gun as a backup to my SA Loaded model, with Springfield Custom shop trigger work. But I think I've just reversed that and the SA is now the backup for this one!

Guys, you are NOT going to find a better 1911 for this kind of money!

(Sorry, no pic. I can't find the CF card for my Digital camera.)

#32 ·
Not familiar with STI, But what MIM does it have? Good low price and excellent range report. All my guns have some MIM with lots of rds thru all, and have not replaced anything due to being broken, just personal like-dislike changes. Thanks, Tracy

#33 ·
tsp45acp said:
Not familiar with STI, But what MIM does it have? Good low price and excellent range report. All my guns have some MIM with lots of rds thru all, and have not replaced anything due to being broken, just personal like-dislike changes. Thanks, Tracy
I'm not sure about which parts, if any are MIM.
I do know that all the internals are STI parts, so I'm willing to trust them.....

#35 ·
"STI Spartan" is made of Armscor frame, barrel and slide with STI main spring housing, hammer assembly, trigger and sear.

The quantity of "Spartans" sold in the Philippines is dictated by STI's Dave Skinner as they have total control over the serial numbers of their pistols.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.